Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2012, 10:15 AM
Woodbine

Walker camp is toying with the idea of not challenging the recall signatures. This way the recall can be expedited. Should be interesting to see which route they go. Either long drawn out challenge or just quick no fight certification by the GAB. It is a hard call because they want to expose the amount of fraud with the recall signatures, but it may be in their best interest to just get this over quickly and get on with the Democratic primary and election.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Unlike Riot I actually live in the State of WI and don't just rely on the media for my information. I actually experience these things first hand. The recall signature collectors obviously were not very intelligent because they showed up in the Town of Delafield (quite wealthy community) where families were there to have their picture taken with Santa and his reindeer. You could also meet the reindeer. It is a nice idea and some good family time that is paid for and supported by the Chamber of Commerce. There is a time and place for everything and this was not a time to discuss politics. Unfortunately the democrats and union supporters do not understand this.
Even though you live in Wisconsin, Riot knows more than you do about politics there. She gets all of her info from the best propaganda sites.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Walker camp is toying with the idea of not challenging the recall signatures. This way the recall can be expedited. Should be interesting to see which route they go. Either long drawn out challenge or just quick no fight certification by the GAB. It is a hard call because they want to expose the amount of fraud with the recall signatures, but it may be in their best interest to just get this over quickly and get on with the Democratic primary and election.
You're saying that Walker, instead of not facing a recall election, would rather choose to cost the state "$9 million dollars" to hold a recall election, plus risk losing his seat?

And he says the GAB is corrupt and will allow half a million "fake" signatures through?

Wow - interesting course of action you say the Governor is considering there

Pretend the signatures are fake, but submit to the recall election costing the state $9 million anyway?

Of course the Walker camp will not challenge the recall. He's already been challenging it legally, and has GAB working more diligently, so he doesn't even have to personally pay for people cross checking signatures.

Don't you keep up with what's happening there? After all, you live there, and I do not.

Walker would have to throw nearly half a million signatures out as invalid. Not likely, considering the petition signature gatherers were trained, checked the petitions when they were signed, the petitions were cross-checked for accuracy before even being submitted (in case the Walker people who went on the internet bragging they were going to destroy petitions, be false gatherers, submit repetitive false names, etc. did get some petitions submitted)

After all, these same people have already successfully recalled two of five Republican state officials. They know how to submit valid recall petitions.

Now Walker has a recall election. His second will be recalled, too, to keep him from just appointing her if he loses. Three Senators, too.

And then, separately, one Wisconsin woman spearheaded the recall of the Senate Majority Leader, and got enough signatures. An amazing feat that One Wisconsin didn't even try to do, as they didn't think it could be done. But she did it on her own.

Falk declared, but I think it will be Barrett, he polls the best against Walker. Be sure to vote!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-19-2012, 02:23 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
Even though you live in Wisconsin, Riot knows more than you do about politics there. She gets all of her info from the best propaganda sites.
You mean contact with people who have actually been out collecting signatures and are involved with the process? Contact with people that live there? Yes.

I grew up in northern Illinois, have many family and friends in Wisconsin, have spent alot of time there, and I care very much what happens in Wisconsin. Both because of the people I now that live and work there, and as observation of the Koch Brothers and ALECs attempt to pass their massive and horrible legislative agenda.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post

Don't you keep up with what's happening there? After all, you live there, and I do not.

Not likely, considering the petition signature gatherers were trained, checked the petitions when they were signed, the petitions were cross-checked for accuracy before even being submitted !
If you lived there you'd realize either the Dems did a fabulous job training the homeless or your above statement is par for the course when commenting on anything WI. Total bull crap!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
As Wisconsin Governor's Poll Numbers Tank, GOP Moves to 'Rig' Recall
John Nichols on November 16, 2011 - 2:43pm ET

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker’s support has collapsed, according to a new poll that shows that 58 percent of voters favor recalling the Republican whose anti-labor initiatives provoked the mass demonstrations that anticipated the Occupy Wall Street movement.

According to a new St. Norbert College/Wisconsin Public Radio survey of Wisconsin voters, only 38 percent of voters now support retaining Walker as governor. That represents a ten-point drop in support for the governor since last spring, when it was presumed that he had bottomed out.

In fact, they have continued to decline, with significant movement of previously undecided voters into the anti-Walker camp. Thirty-seven percent of Wisconsinites now “strongly disapprove” of Walker’s governorship, while 21 percent merely disapprove.

Among the most engaged (and presumably likely) voters, the figire rises to a remarkable 61 percent overall disapproval number for the governor.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:34 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
If you lived there you'd realize either the Dems did a fabulous job training the homeless or your above statement is par for the course when commenting on anything WI. Total bull crap!
Post one verified incident of a homeless person being paid to collect signatures.

We'll wait

Look - it's obvious by your anger that you and Wiphan hate the Democrats. But you live in a democracy. You're gonna have to realize that other people have the same rights as you do. Walker (along with Kasich, Scott) are trying plutocracies, but the people are rising up. The recall election is legal. It's the right of your fellow citizens. You are free to counter demonstrate, support Walker, contribute to him, work on his behalf. And vote in the recall election.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Considering it was a St. Norbert / WI Public Radio survey 38% of Dems support Walker. Those will be tough numbers to beat.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Post one verified incident of a homeless person being paid to collect signatures.

We'll wait

Look - it's obvious by your anger that you and Wiphan hate the Democrats. But you live in a democracy. Walker (along with Kasich, Scott) are trying plutocracies, but the people are rising up. The recall election is legal. It's the right of your fellow citizens. You are free to counter demonstrate, support Walker, contribute to him, work on his behalf. And vote in the recall election.
The guy that was set up about a month ago (and kicked out) of the Harpoon Willies Bar in Williams Bay. Was staying at the St Benedicts homeless shelter. See if you lived there you'd know that.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:41 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The guy that was set up about a month ago (and kicked out) of the Harpoon Willies Bar in Williams Bay. See if you lived there you'd know that.
Post one verified incident of a homeless person being paid by the Democratic party to collect signatures. You say there are way more than that. Should be easy for you. Go ahead.

BTW, interfering in the collection of signature gathering for the electoral process is a felony. Please tell me how many people have been arrested and charged with felonies or misdemeanors, compared to the number of Walker people arrested and charged for attacking petition gathers, ripping up petitions or scribbling on them, destroying them, etc.

You live there, you obviously know that. Post the number.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Look - it's obvious by your anger that you and Wiphan hate the Democrats. But you live in a democracy. You're gonna have to realize that other people have the same rights as you do. Walker (along with Kasich, Scott) are trying plutocracies, but the people are rising up. The recall election is legal. It's the right of your fellow citizens. You are free to counter demonstrate, support Walker, contribute to him, work on his behalf. And vote in the recall election.
It should be obvious by our anger that although the recall is legal, it's a bunch of sour grapes, costing millions and is largely fueled by unions outside of the State. Unions from state's like IL where unemployment is 3-4% higher and a state that ranks at the very bottom credit wise. I suppose though misery loves company.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:46 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
It should be obvious by our anger that although the recall is legal, it's a bunch of sour grapes, costing millions and is largely fueled by unions outside of the State. Unions from state's like IL where unemployment is 3-4% higher and a state that ranks at the very bottom credit wise. I suppose though misery loves company.
Yes, a recall fueled by over a million signatures from citizens of Wisconsin.

In spite of Citizens United, "unions" cannot sign recall petitions, nor vote. Only you and your fellow Wisconsin citizens can do that.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:51 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
You're saying that Walker, instead of not facing a recall election, would rather choose to cost the state "$9 million dollars" to hold a recall election, plus risk losing his seat?

And he says the GAB is corrupt and will allow half a million "fake" signatures through?

Wow - interesting course of action you say the Governor is considering there

Pretend the signatures are fake, but submit to the recall election costing the state $9 million anyway?

Of course the Walker camp will not challenge the recall. He's already been challenging it legally, and has GAB working more diligently, so he doesn't even have to personally pay for people cross checking signatures.

Walker would have to throw nearly half a million signatures out as invalid. Not likely, considering the petition signature gatherers were trained, checked the petitions when they were signed, the petitions were cross-checked for accuracy before even being submitted (in case the Walker people who went on the internet bragging they were going to destroy petitions, be false gatherers, submit repetitive false names, etc. did get some petitions submitted)

After all, these same people have already successfully recalled two of five Republican state officials. They know how to submit valid recall petitions.

Now Walker has a recall election. His second will be recalled, too, to keep him from just appointing her if he loses. Three Senators, too.

And then, separately, one Wisconsin woman spearheaded the recall of the Senate Majority Leader, and got enough signatures. An amazing feat that One Wisconsin didn't even try to do, as they didn't think it could be done. But she did it on her own.

Falk declared, but I think it will be Barrett, he polls the best against Walker. Be sure to vote!
You my friend never fail to amaze me. The majority of people believe that there are enough real signatures to force a recall. If there are 200,000 signatures thrown out they still have plenty. So why challenge it. Get it out of the way and continue to enact policies that are for the People of WI. Signing a recall petition is a lot easier than actually voting. Don't pretend that Walker is the one costing the state $9+ million. Next you are going to tell me that unemployment compensation creates Jobs

Barrett will lose. You should hope for Kathleen "Loser" Faulk to get the nomination, however she hasn't won in her last few tries. Don't you even know the 3rd candidate? I thought you knew everything that goes on in WI?
Old 01-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
In spite of Citizens United, "unions" cannot sign recall petitions, nor vote. Only you and your fellow Wisconsin citizens can do that.
If you lived there you'd also realize there is an ongoing investigation pertaining to out of State union protestors lying on voter registration forms, specifcally to the question 'do you plan on remaining in the state?', using hotel addresses, and casting ballots in the last election.

I tried to do my part when we had the recall Walker bum thrown out of a private parking lot.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You my friend never fail to amaze me. The majority of people believe that there are enough real signatures to force a recall.
See, what people "believe" doesn't matter. The GAB is entering, verifying and cross-referencing the signatures to remove duplicates, fakes, those that cannot be verified to address, etc. The actual number of valid signatures will be released in 60 days when they are done.

Here is the live stream of the Government Accountability Office actually working on this, so all citizens can watch: http://mirrors.5nines.com/stream/

Quote:
Barrett will lose. You should hope for Kathleen "Loser" Faulk to get the nomination, however she hasn't won in her last few tries.
We'll have to wait for the election to see if Barrett does indeed lose. No, it won't be Falk (please, spell her name correctly, at least), her polling is too low, and yes, I agree she's "a loser".

Quote:
Don't you even know the 3rd candidate? I thought you knew everything that goes on in WI?
There are eight people who have said they are considering running, not just three. Cullen already declared before the recall petitions were submitted.

Current polling has Barrett over Cullen.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
If you lived there you'd also realize there is an ongoing investigation pertaining to out of State union protestors lying on voter registration forms, specifcally to the question 'do you plan on remaining in the state?', using hotel addresses, and casting ballots in the last election.
You mean like the ongoing investigation into Scott Walker's campaign committee that has already resulted in felony arrests, while the investigation is still ongoing?

You should be sure and watch the GAB live stream. Those "homeless" and "unions" are probably ruining that, too!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
You should be sure and watch the GAB live stream. Those "homeless" and "unions" are probably ruining that, too!
I was still counting the peeps on the Occupy Congress live stream. Just got to 27 but the last three might have just been tourists from Iowa.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:23 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I was still counting the peeps on the Occupy Congress live stream. Just got to 27 but the last three might have just been tourists from Iowa.
Seriously - go watch the GAB live stream of the office. Armed guards, secret location - It's kinda neat.

"Democracy in action - some assembly required" as they wrote on the petition boxes as they turned them in.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Seriously - go watch the GAB live stream of the office. Armed guards, secret location - It's kinda neat.
The armed guards must be on break or gone home for the day. The fact you think it's 'kinda neat' is 'kinda sad' actually.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
The armed guards must be on break or gone home for the day. The fact you think it's 'kinda neat' is 'kinda sad' actually.
It's terrific. It's historic. It's democracy in action. Only twice before in this country's history have citizens been so upset with what elected governors have done to the state, that they have recalled them from office before their term was up.

Obviously, the Dems have to win the election, and/or some of the Republican recalled senators lose, to change the government.

Yes, the petitions were kept under armed guard the night before they were submitted, then GAB transferred them to a secret, guarded location. Don't you read your newspapers?