Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Again you missed my point. I do not know how many actual signatures were really submitted. I am willing to wager it is less than 1 million and closer to 800k. That is what I said.

As far as fraud- there are many duplicate signatures (check the forms yourself), illegible, out of state, fraudlent (one family member signing for the entire household) but there are not nearly enough to avoid the recall. For you when I said some fraud that became 500k+ signatures. I guess I understand your accounting system.
I guess you'd better stop making false accusations of "alot of fraud". Because you've been able to provide zero evidence of any fraud, other than "check the forms yourself".
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 02-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Jerome Park

http://www.truethevote.org/reports/w...ec-summary.pdf
Old 02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
Can I start just making stuff up out of thin air, too?

You must all follow the Golden Rule, he who has the gold makes the rules.

or

Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
Bernard M. Baruch (1870 - 1965) ..-I like this one-

or

It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!
Friedrich Nietzsche (1844 - 1900)

or

"Just give me the facts maam"....Joe Friday 1955...

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 02-28-2012, 04:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Data trend with a margin of error +/- 7%, based upon the numbers listed, and zero attachments showing the actual data.

That's the whole point, Anti: lots of allegations, zero actual evidence presented ... if Walkers supporters actually come up with some verifiable numbers, it takes away their ability to allege "massive fraud". So they don't present any numbers.

Nobody ever maintained all the signatures would be valid (they never are in recalls, the normal disallow rate is 18%, or nearly 1 out of 5), that's why so many sigs were submitted when only half-a-million were needed, and they were pre-vetted before submission to get the rate down to 1-5%.

But the calls that many of those signatures are fraudulent is simply partisan bullshiat, so far unsupported by any actual evidence. So until they come up with actual evidence, they probably should simply stop making the allegations as if it were fact.

Quote:
State Democratic Party Chairman Mike Tate said it's absurd that Republicans have been complaining that the Walker recall petitions were laced with fraud but didn't challenge a single signature.
That's right. Not even one signature was challenged, even with Walker getting a 20-day extension, and allegations that up to 20% of signatures were "faked". Considering that Walker could have gone to court for an additional time extension, based upon the error rate they found, why didn't Walker do that?

His excuse is, "oh,well, there are at least a half-million good sigs anyway". Yeah - but that doesn't mean you get to continue to allege "massive fraud" without any evidence regarding the others.

The GAB has three weeks to review them. We'll see if the GAB can throw out some of those signatures, and at least provide us with an independent error rate.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts

Last edited by Riot : 02-28-2012 at 05:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:06 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

riot news flash your still a c.u.n.t
Old 02-28-2012, 06:20 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
Old 02-28-2012, 06:50 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
And you're still an alcoholic loser.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:04 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
And you're still an alcoholic loser.
ill sober up every time i drink.you however will allways be a c.u.n.t..
Old 02-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
ill sober up every time i drink.you however will allways be a c.u.n.t..
LOL - If only you could, you know, at least spell better than a first grader in your attempt at insult, maybe it would mean something

You're a big, tough man, Hooves. I'm sure everyone is impressed by you.

PS - nice to hear you have some sober time.