Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Flemington

Default Joey S top 10 QBS in the NFL right now thread

1. Russell Wilson. I have bought in. Totally sold. I posted about him early last year. He is special

2. Collin Kapernick.

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Tom Brady

5. Peyton Manning

6. RG3

7. Eli Manning

8. Cam Newton

9. Matt Ryan

10. Alex Smith

Ok so the top 4 are totally interchangeable. If you gave Brady the weapons that the other 3 have he could still be #1. Peyton and the big game still concerns me. He never seems to win it. Same with Matt Ryan, Atlanta was very fortunate to beat Seattle at home in the playoffs last year and that was with a rookie QB. The reason I put Kap and Wilson 1-2 are because they have the threat to run at any time. They also have more weapons right now then 3-4. Don’t get me wrong Rodgers has weapons, but not the weapons that the top 2 have when they get healthy. I would actually still like to have Rodgers 1, but like I said totally interchangeable. Rodgers, I believe had 40tds to 8 interceptions last year. Easily could have been the MVP of the league. I believe Big Ben is falling off. Part of it health the other part being he has nothing around him. Alex Smith has turned out to be serviceable. He would have thought that 4 years ago when we could have said he was one of the biggest busts ever. Maybe 10 is high, but its splitting hairs really because he is no worst then 14 and who can you definitely put in front of him, right now?
Old 09-10-2013, 07:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

drew brees?

you make a top ten qb list, and he isn't on it? lol he can't eke ahead of alex smith??

crinkle

trash can

Last edited by Danzig : 09-10-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
drew brees?

you make a top ten qb list, and he isn't on it? lol he can't eke ahead of alex smith??

crinkle

trash can
Yes. I forgot Brees. Im bored, stuck at work until 9am. Brees would be 6th. Backing everyone up 1 spot. Smith drops to 11.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:20 PM
Dee Tee Stables

no. 6?

no way.

no way the top two on your list are the top two. not sure either is top ten at that. right now? no. potential future top ten, yes. now? no.

if you're that bored, you ought to have plenty of time to research and then try again.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
no. 6?

no way.

no way the top two on your list are the top two. not sure either is top ten at that. right now? no. potential future top ten, yes. now? no.

if you're that bored, you ought to have plenty of time to research and then try again.
Not even top 10? Come on. Look at QBR from last year, and Wilson was a rookie. I think Brees at 6 is more then fair. Him and Peyton have the same number of rings as Rodgers and they have had a lot more time.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Flemington

Im sitting here thinking about it Danzig. I think you can actually argue Brees at 6. You have my top 4 plus Eli and RG3. But to say Kap and Wilson are not top 10 is crazy. I dont see how you can even argue that.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Dee Tee Stables

you can only put ten in the top ten. you shouldn't leave out legit contenders for two qb's that had one good season, and have played one game this year as for in top ten, i'd put either in before scam newton. where's andrew luck? alex smith was there? c'mon. you 'forget' brees, but you want to argue about your list??
make a legit list, and then get back to the board with it.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:39 AM
Fairgrounds

You have Cam Newton rated 8th. I wouldn't have him rated in my top 20.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Flemington

The list is terrible. How you could put 2 sophmore QB's over 3 legitimate first ballot hall of famers (still in their prime) is beyond me.
Old 09-11-2013, 08:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
The list is terrible. How you could put 2 sophmore QB's over 3 legitimate first ballot hall of famers (still in their prime) is beyond me.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:15 AM
Randwyck

Rodgers is not a threat to run? He's been very successful when he has to run. He's #1 as I continue to vomit in the trash can next to me by writing it. No way Wilson should be #1 let alone top 10. He's currently just listed as serviceable. While Luck may squeeze in the top 10, he's a better QB than Wilson and also a threat to run. Captain Kap probably 6th behind Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, and Scam. Actually hard to put Kap in front of Ryan and Stafford.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:49 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Because he is trolling?
Old 09-11-2013, 12:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Because he is trolling?
Not an impossible thought, but I don't buy it.
I really think that's his honest list. Maybe he bases it off their abilities and rankings in Madden 25. But, whatever it's based off, it's awful.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Rodgers is not a threat to run? He's been very successful when he has to run. He's #1 as I continue to vomit in the trash can next to me by writing it. No way Wilson should be #1 let alone top 10. He's currently just listed as serviceable. While Luck may squeeze in the top 10, he's a better QB than Wilson and also a threat to run. Captain Kap probably 6th behind Rodgers, Brees, Manning, Brady, and Scam. Actually hard to put Kap in front of Ryan and Stafford.
lol at the rodgers comments. not sure he's #1, but he's top...(ick) ..five...yeah, it's painful for me, too.
i agree, wilson behind luck.
not sure scam is top five, tho. not a fan, think he's got his big ego and his big talent fighting for supremacy. who will win? he needs to put the team ahead of himself.
can't put kaepernick ahead of ryan. before stafford, maybe.

on the original list, i'd put peyton before tom, especially for this season. i think peyton has better receivers right now. altho tom has more rings, i think peyton just has more qb skill. very close, but i give the nod to peyton.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Sha Tin

1. Brady
2. Tannehill
3. P. Manning
4. Romo
5. Kapernick
6. Rogers
7. Brees
8. Ryan
9. Tebow
10. Matt Moore
Old 09-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
1. Russell Wilson. I have bought in. Totally sold. I posted about him early last year. He is special

2. Collin Kapernick.

3. Aaron Rodgers

4. Tom Brady

5. Peyton Manning

6. RG3

7. Eli Manning

8. Cam Newton

9. Matt Ryan

10. Alex Smith

Ok so the top 4 are totally interchangeable. If you gave Brady the weapons that the other 3 have he could still be #1. Peyton and the big game still concerns me. He never seems to win it. Same with Matt Ryan, Atlanta was very fortunate to beat Seattle at home in the playoffs last year and that was with a rookie QB. The reason I put Kap and Wilson 1-2 are because they have the threat to run at any time. They also have more weapons right now then 3-4. Don’t get me wrong Rodgers has weapons, but not the weapons that the top 2 have when they get healthy. I would actually still like to have Rodgers 1, but like I said totally interchangeable. Rodgers, I believe had 40tds to 8 interceptions last year. Easily could have been the MVP of the league. I believe Big Ben is falling off. Part of it health the other part being he has nothing around him. Alex Smith has turned out to be serviceable. He would have thought that 4 years ago when we could have said he was one of the biggest busts ever. Maybe 10 is high, but its splitting hairs really because he is no worst then 14 and who can you definitely put in front of him, right now?

With all the stuff you post about Joey Ice, I'm surprised Flacco is not on this list!
Old 09-11-2013, 03:51 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
1. Brady
2. Tannehill
3. P. Manning
4. Romo
5. Kapernick
6. Rogers
7. Brees
8. Ryan
9. Tebow
10. Matt Moore
Interesting.

This will spur some conversation.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM
Hialeah Park

You almost have to lay the house & future on the Jets tonight (money line even) based on how RHT's been runnin as of late.

This qb list was a troll post. It has to be.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-12-2013, 08:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
You almost have to lay the house & future on the Jets tonight (money line even) based on how RHT's been runnin as of late.

This qb list was a troll post. It has to be.
Lol I bet the jets plus 11.5
I don't troll post anymore
Old 09-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
lol at the rodgers comments. not sure he's #1, but he's top...(ick) ..five...yeah, it's painful for me, too.
i agree, wilson behind luck.
not sure scam is top five, tho. not a fan, think he's got his big ego and his big talent fighting for supremacy. who will win? he needs to put the team ahead of himself.
can't put kaepernick ahead of ryan. before stafford, maybe.

on the original list, i'd put peyton before tom, especially for this season. i think peyton has better receivers right now. altho tom has more rings, i think peyton just has more qb skill. very close, but i give the nod to peyton.
Why can't u put Kap ahead of Ryan? That absurd, who won that playoff game last yr??