Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2013, 09:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
this game is putrid. was listening to it on the way home, and just got home...

giants give it up AGAIN. these guys are pros? liking my 'skins chances to repeat as nfc east champs.
I like the under tomorrow. Think Washingtons D will be much improved this year.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:35 PM
Dee Tee Stables

another turnover.
feel like i'm watching western ky vs...western ky.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
another turnover.
feel like i'm watching western ky vs...western ky.
I would have bet the Giants they have 5 turnovers and can take the lead on the up right now. Ugly game.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I would have bet the Giants they have 5 turnovers and can take the lead on the up right now. Ugly game.
Unless you have Victor
Old 09-09-2013, 11:02 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Most improved team in the NFL. Denver is dressed up, they beat a ruined Ravens. Denver is like a horse who got away w/ a 24 quarter going 6f and draws off by 10. Dressed up.
KC will contend for that division.
You are entitled to your opinion of course but c'mon. KC is going to contend with Denver? This Denver team is light years better than last years team, which was pretty much unbeatable until some very costly mistakes on defense.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:08 AM
Hialeah Park

http://vimeo.com/73491063

yeaaaaaa boooiiiiiiiiiiii
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-09-2013, 01:46 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I like the under tomorrow. Think Washingtons D will be much improved this year.
I couldn't agree more. Especially the D-Line with Rak back, Kerrigan becoming more of a beast and when Jarvis Jenkins gets back I think the pass rush will improve. I think on the outside they're still a bit big play vulnerable, but it should be coming along in the future.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:48 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
I couldn't agree more. Especially the D-Line with Rak back, Kerrigan becoming more of a beast and when Jarvis Jenkins gets back I think the pass rush will improve. I think on the outside they're still a bit big play vulnerable, but it should be coming along in the future.
Here's to a good game Mclem! And hopefully we're both better than the slop last night!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-09-2013, 03:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Here's to a good game Mclem! And hopefully we're both better than the slop last night!
As much as we'd like to see it be the case, reality says neither of those 2 squads are THAT bad lol! But top to bottom on both they have plenty of talent on the Skins barring injury to once again compete for another division title.
Old 09-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Belmont Park

Ummmm ...how were the Eagles allowed to challenge that play after the ball snapped for the fg attempt?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Dee Tee Stables

not the season opener i was hoping for.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Havre de Grace

to say the least
Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
not the season opener i was hoping for.
Nor I and I was fit to be tied especially in the first half. They finally later in the game began to get into a better rhythm. Robert looked really tentative in the first half especially, perhaps the rust was a factor cuz he was missing throws he normally does not. I do not envy our chances at a pissed off Packers team, but we'll see it's 1 game plenty of season to go. Go Skins!
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM
Jerome Park

Excited about my Birds, though cautious still because it is the Philadelphia Eagles. I was more excited and impressed about our Defense and Special Teams than even the offense... it was a given to me that the offense was going to be fast and put up points, Chip Kelly is the man when it comes to offense... but for the D to wrap up and tackle, and play like they actually know how to defend, was awesome.

Chip Kelly learned real quick that you cannot go into prevent Defense AND Offense with like 25 minutes remaining in the game. I am happy he learned that lesson quick. Keep the attack up, if you are up 30 with 5 minutes left in the game, then prevent is acceptable.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
Nor I and I was fit to be tied especially in the first half. They finally later in the game began to get into a better rhythm. Robert looked really tentative in the first half especially, perhaps the rust was a factor cuz he was missing throws he normally does not. I do not envy our chances at a pissed off Packers team, but we'll see it's 1 game plenty of season to go. Go Skins!
second half vs first was night vs day. felt a lot better in the fourth than i did in the first quarter, that's for sure.
need someone for returns tho.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:21 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
second half vs first was night vs day. felt a lot better in the fourth than i did in the first quarter, that's for sure.
need someone for returns tho.
the eagles didnt pass the ball in the second half. maybe a handful of times at most. They ran the ball every play, made it easy for the Redskins D. Honestly they could have shredded the Skins secondary in the 2nd half but they chose to keep the ball on the ground. Then the pass coverage of the Eagles went into prevent, willing to give up a 8-10 yard pass every down. The problem was that the eagles started playing prevent in the 3rd quarter and you cant do that in the NFL. I do feel like if they played how they usually will, the score would have been more like 47-21 instead of 33-27. They basically stopped playing football for the final 25 minutes. Chip realized in his first game that playing against NFL talent is different than running the clock down against Toledo.