Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 PM
Flemington

Default NBA thread

Cleveland wins it all. Ill take Lebron for the next 3-5 years, especially if he stays so healthy. Irving is better then Wade right now, Love is better then Bosh. Should be a great year. I expect another step forward from Golden St. I think its Cleveland vs Golden St for the championship.

Westbrook going off right now. 35 points with 6min left in the 3rd. He is going to average 30-35 until KD comes back, and he will take close to 30 shots a night. He loves it.
Old 10-30-2014, 07:08 PM
Flemington

Cavs win 70 games if they stay healthy.
Old 10-31-2014, 05:30 AM
Flemington

well, maybe 69
Old 10-31-2014, 07:33 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Cavs win 70 games if they stay healthy.
That's a stretch my friend. Its going to take a little time and their defense isn't very good. 60 wins is possible but the goal is be playoff ready.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
That's a stretch my friend. Its going to take a little time and their defense isn't very good. 60 wins is possible but the goal is be playoff ready.
I think opening night vs the Knicks was totally explainable and understandable. I think the team that won in Chicago on Thursday is the team we see all year. My finals prediction is Cavs vs Warriors.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:17 AM
Del Mar

With the east being the east, they get a free ride into the conference final. Derek Rose didn't play OT and most of the fourth quarter Friday and gasol is still learning his rotations in that system plus no jimmy butler. Cavs were life and death to best the bulls without their starting backcourt.

Cavs are thin, thin, thin. They aren't winning any final.

As crazy as it sounds, I am actually buying your golden st prediction in that I agree they will be good. Don't know about finals but they are top four in the west.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:47 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
With the east being the east, they get a free ride into the conference final. Derek Rose didn't play OT and most of the fourth quarter Friday and gasol is still learning his rotations in that system plus no jimmy butler. Cavs were life and death to best the bulls without their starting backcourt.

Cavs are thin, thin, thin. They aren't winning any final.

As crazy as it sounds, I am actually buying your golden st prediction in that I agree they will be good. Don't know about finals but they are top four in the west.
IMO they are definitely the team best suited to win a ton of regular season games and get home court throughout. I was impressed last week they won a back to back the 2nd night winning at Portland. Thats not easy. They need to stay healthy, like everyone else I guess. Bogut needs to stay healthy.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Flemington

Check out the Cavs Blazers game right now....
65 points in the 1st quarter. Over 4min into the second and they have added 2 points to that 65 total.
Old 11-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

I'd love for someone who watched that Cavs "offense" in the 4th quarter tonight to tell me how they're the favorites to win anything.
Old 11-05-2014, 07:22 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I'd love for someone who watched that Cavs "offense" in the 4th quarter tonight to tell me how they're the favorites to win anything.
Right?!?!

The only thing worse than the cavs offense was the cav defense...specifically the backcourt. Kyrie Irving is perhaps the worst defender in the league.
Old 11-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Longchamps

Their defense is awful.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Right?!?!

The only thing worse than the cavs offense was the cav defense...specifically the backcourt. Kyrie Irving is perhaps the worst defender in the league.
If you ask Chuck its not possible that he is worst then big game James.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:25 PM
Flemington

Melo playing great ball right now. 7 or 8 turnovers last night, 2 lazy to check. And a stellar 3 for 16 right now as the Knicks are losing by 12 to win less Detroit.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Flemington

Cavs about to get blown out again.... Wow
Ok maybe 70 wins was crazy. Ill drop it down to 50.
Old 11-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Flemington

Golden St w/ a legit statement game right now.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:53 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Cavs about to get blown out again.... Wow
Ok maybe 70 wins was crazy. Ill drop it down to 50.
6 assists tonight. Six! They're gonna get that coach fired by Christmas if they keep this up.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
6 assists tonight. Six! They're gonna get that coach fired by Christmas if they keep this up.

Im not sure Blatt's job was ever safe. Unless they came out and started really hot or something. He was hired before Lebron signed...
Anyway, they have been awful the last 2 games.
Old 11-06-2014, 09:16 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Irving had zero assists. They got a lot of work to do
Old 11-06-2014, 11:28 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Irving had zero assists. They got a lot of work to do
Irving is the key to this whole thing, in a sense..... He either wants to win and is the 2/2b or he clashes with Lebron and keeps gunning and doing dumb ****. If that's the case this team has no chance at all. I just assumed Irving would know his role. Maybe not. Waiters is enough of an issue, with his gunning and thinking he is the man, Irving cant be that also. Again I just assumed these guys would realize who they are playing with and fall into place.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

A few seasons ago, when Chris Paul was traded to the Lakers, I made a point. I never thought it would work because he's a ball dominating point guard. Jordan won six titles with BJ Armstrong, John Paxson, and Ron Harper playing point. Kobe won five with Fisher. James won two with Chalmers. Wade didn't have a top point guard. Bird ran Boston's offense. The point is that when you have an outstanding, ball dominating wing man that you run the offense through, taking the ball out of his hands is not the way to go. I've always felt that James is a natural point guard. Everything else he does he does just because he can but by nature, he's a point guard. Irving is not. Both are used to controlling the ball. Both are best with the ball. It takes a sacrifice to make it work. Wade was able to make it because he'd already won a title and wasn't trying to establish himself as a star anymore. Wade, as well as Bosh and James, decided together that they would join up and each knew that sacrifices would have to be made. Irving signed an extension in Cleveland with every thought that it was his team, he was "The Man"....then ten days later, here comes James then a month later, here comes Love. Can Irving change his mindset that fast? I don't think so. The day after James talked about the need to play more unselfish, Irving takes 23 shots with ZERO assists. Coincidence? I don't think so. Personally, I would have moved Irving for Love and kept Wiggins but that's done now. It's still not too late to ship Irving out though.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine