Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Saratoga

Ravens just terminated Rice's contract. Nice call Rudeboy.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:29 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
It has actually been repeatedly said by the NFL that they did NOT see this particular video before his suspension was handed out. That, of course, is actually worse than them seeing it beforehand.
According to Peter King of SI, who wrote the following in July, they did -

>>> There is one other thing I did not write or refer to, and that is the other videotape the NFL and some Ravens officials have seen, from the security camera inside the elevator at the time of the physical altercation between Rice and his fiancée.<<<

He as since backtracked:
http://deadspin.com/peter-king-issue...ing-1632044670

If a reporter from SI knew about the tape 2 months ago, how did the NFL "just now" see it. C'mon Man.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
According to Peter King of SI, who wrote the following in July, they did -

>>> There is one other thing I did not write or refer to, and that is the other videotape the NFL and some Ravens officials have seen, from the security camera inside the elevator at the time of the physical altercation between Rice and his fiancée.<<<

He as since backtracked:
http://deadspin.com/peter-king-issue...ing-1632044670

If a reporter from SI knew about the tape 2 months ago, how did the NFL "just now" see it. C'mon Man.
interesting.
yet, you'd have to wonder that they had to see him knock her out on video-when everyone knew he knocked her out. what did they think he did to cause her to be unconcious? very poorly handled from the start.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://deadspin.com/someone-is-lying...ice-1631901404

saw that, rudeboy, when i was reading the one you linked to....

good question asked...who is lying?

And here's ESPN's Chris Mortensen, also from July.

We saw the TMZ video of what happened outside—when he was dragging her out unconscious—but inside, I'm told from those who have seen the video, it wasn't pretty. In fact, she attacks him—we don't know the reason why—and he strikes her, strikes her hard. And her head—according to the sources I've spoken to—struck the rail inside the elevator and she was unconscious.

Which is exactly what today's video shows
Old 09-08-2014, 02:47 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Ravens just terminated Rice's contract.
And then, exhibiting his signature cowardice, Goodell "bans him indefinitely". But not until after he got sacked by the team.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM
Saratoga

It appears that Goodell's strategy in imposing a two game ban was to manage the problem instead of trying to eliminate it.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
It appears that Goodell's strategy in imposing a two game ban was to manage the problem instead of trying to eliminate it.
Point does Rice have any leg to stand on legally being it appears in the video she hit him first.. That was one troubling video...
Old 09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Point does Rice have any leg to stand on legally being it appears in the video she hit him first.. That was one troubling video...
I seriously doubt it. Though the defense varies slightly from state to state, in general, in order to invoke self defense you need to demonstrate that you have a real genuine fear for your immediate safety. I doubt he could convince anyone that he had a real genuine fear from her backhanded slap which appears to barely touch him on the way to the elevator. Also, she moves away from him and goes to the elevator and he follows, therefore, further contact by him IMO really cannot be considered as defending himself from that.

Once in the elevator, it is difficult to tell who is the aggressor, though he does appear to be the one by boxing her in and possibly striking her before she reacts by pushing him back. Sounds like a pretty impossible sell to me from his standpoint.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:14 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
And then, exhibiting his signature cowardice, Goodell "bans him indefinitely". But not until after he got sacked by the team.
This is such a coward move to try to save face from the inadequacy of the original penalty it is laughable. Did anyone really have to see what Rice did inside the elevator to know that what he did was despicable? Suddenly, Goodell is outraged?

The fact that she was clearly unconscious when he dragged her out of the elevator like a piece of meat in previously publicly released footage sure made it pretty clear that it must have taken a pretty serious punch, like the one seen in the newly released footage, for her to have ended up in that state.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:31 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
I think that move was contrived by top NFL brass. Goodell had to have called the Ravens owner and forced a release. Too much "egg on his face" after the wimpy 2 game suspension.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman View Post
This is such a coward move to try to save face from the inadequacy of the original penalty it is laughable. Did anyone really have to see what Rice did inside the elevator to know that what he did was despicable? Suddenly, Goodell is outraged?

The fact that she was clearly unconscious when he dragged her out of the elevator like a piece of meat in previously publicly released footage sure made it pretty clear that it must have taken a pretty serious punch, like the one seen in the newly released footage, for her to have ended up in that state.

exactly.
their move today (along with the ravens) is a pathetic, mercenary move at best.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Havre de Grace

she still married him......maybe she's into the "rough stuff"
Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
she still married him......maybe she's into the "rough stuff"
Most likely http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AEEPVGtwsO8
Old 09-08-2014, 07:04 PM
Dee Tee Stables

it's a typical abusive relationship. if anyone wanted to understand the answer to the question 'why do they stay' go look it up.
if he was poor, he'd have still hit her, and she'd have still stayed. happens every day.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
It has actually been repeatedly said by the NFL that they did NOT see this particular video before his suspension was handed out. That, of course, is actually worse than them seeing it beforehand.
How would it be worst?? First Take today said they believed the NFL did not see the 2nd part of the tape before they gave out the suspension. If Rice and his wife went in and lied, how could it possibly be worst??
Old 09-08-2014, 10:13 PM
The Curragh

I am in no way condoning Rices actions. However there is no way he won't be back. Players have KILLED people and come back to play for Christ sakes.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
I am in no way condoning Rices actions. However there is no way he won't be back. Players have KILLED people and come back to play for Christ sakes.
I agree. This current suspension wont last long because of double jeopardy. I think he plays for an NFL team this year.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:52 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I agree. This current suspension wont last long because of double jeopardy. I think he plays for an NFL team this year.
Are you stoned? Who would pick him up? Who would risk that PR shitshow on a declining rb?

Next year at the earliest but it's highly likely he is done.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:25 AM
Saratoga

After sleeping on this Goodell has to go. Rice admitted to striking her and the initial video showed her out cold and unresponsive. Was it necessary to see the actual punch that got her in that position before you ban him indefinitely?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:23 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
After sleeping on this Goodell has to go. Rice admitted to striking her and the initial video showed her out cold and unresponsive. Was it necessary to see the actual punch that got her in that position before you ban him indefinitely?
Well. If they are to be believed regarding not seeing the tape, then the answer is yes...and is ridiculous.
Or they're lying, did see the tape, and still only gave two games...not sure which is worse honestly.