Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
I think you are missing a sentence here or do I have to read inbetween the lines? Grant is done for the season, and Jackson has actually been playing better. There studly TE is also done for the season
The first sentence was about the injuries, WTF?
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Listen Randy. I have dogs, my parents have dogs. My X fiances/kids mother has 2 dogs, and my current woman and I have a dog. I love dogs, but he did his time and it cost him, I think close to 100 million.
There are 3 types of people. The first type can't kill anything. The most common type will kill in war, and other self defense situations. The other type will kill, because (inside of themselves) they like to kill. So, when you get upset, killing is the final option. When he gets upset, killing is one of his most natural options. The only thing keeping him from doing it is that he has been told it's unacceptable. That's flimsy. Will it hold up for another 50 years? Roll of the dice. Right now, he has a goal. He's being kept busy. When his career is over, he'll be looking for an adrenaline rush in other places.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Fairgrounds

As an Eagle fan I do the same thing with Vick as I did with TO. I cheer for the number and not the player. It works for me.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick333 View Post
As an Eagle fan I do the same thing with Vick as I did with TO. I cheer for the number and not the player. It works for me.

Sawdust would work for you.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Fairgrounds

And for you Clyde, nothing would work.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I love the "he lost millions" arguement. It's not as though someone stole it from him. It's not like he got screwed over by someone. He went to prison. That is why he lost out on potential money. It was his own doing. I have a hard time being sympathetic to him because he did some horrible things and was punished for it.

He deserves a second chance, but it doesn't mean what he did is forgotten or okay.

It is nice to see he is taking advantage of his second chance. I really hope he is a changed man. We'll find out after he's finished with football if he really is changed. Its evident that he's extremely humbled though... his work ethic at the Eagles is a complete 180 from when he was in Atlanta.

Love him on the field though, he's playing out of his mind. Gotta give Andy props for teaching him how to be a quarterback and not just a spoiled athlete like he was in ATL.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post

It is nice to see he is taking advantage of his second chance. I really hope he is a changed man. We'll find out after he's finished with football if he really is changed. Its evident that he's extremely humbled though... his work ethic at the Eagles is a complete 180 from when he was in Atlanta.

Love him on the field though, he's playing out of his mind. Gotta give Andy props for teaching him how to be a quarterback and not just a spoiled athlete like he was in ATL.
Honestly, I would think that once he leaves the football field, no one will care what he does with his life.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Honestly, I would think that once he leaves the football field, no one will care what he does with his life.
That probably true of 90% of the players.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That probably true of 90% of the players.
I think the number is higher than that.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Gotta give Andy props for teaching him how to be a quarterback and not just a spoiled athlete like he was in ATL.
Lonely time in a jail cell will leave a man with plenty of time to think, focus, and part with distractions. Even for a dummy like Ron Mexico Vick.

15 years ago - Randy Moss spent 60 days in jail - 10 of which in solitary confinement. When he got out - he walked on at Marshall and broke 54 NCAA records in just two years there... and caught 17 TD's and had the single greatest rookie season by a wideout in NFL history.

Ray Lewis was initally accused of a double murder - spent time in jail - got out and led the Ravens to a Super Bowl win that same year. He was defensive MVP of the regular season - the Super Bowl MVP - and the Ravens D that year was by far the best defense I've ever seen.

Andy Reid isn't going to teach him sh!t unless his mind is right and he wants to prove something. I bet Vick gets called a lot of names on the road as well. Instead of spreading his herpes under the alias Ron Mexico - and trying to be the Sheik Mohammed of the pit bull fighting world - he's out to try and rip up the NFL.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:53 PM
Jerome Park

DrugS,

Would you rather go to a Kansas Federal Prison for two years or get herpes, if you had the choice?

(assuming you are currently herpie & felon free)
Old 11-17-2010, 03:03 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
And for you Clyde, nothing would work.

Don't ya just hate me?
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
DrugS,

Would you rather go to a Kansas Federal Prison for two years or get herpes, if you had the choice?

(assuming you are currently herpie & felon free)
I don't have herpes that I know of ... but I would take them over getting ass raped in Kansas.

I'd probably take herpes over spending two weeks in Kansas...unless greyhound racing is still legal there.
Old 11-18-2010, 08:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
The Raiders are going to win that division.
I doubt it. The Chargers have four of the next five games at home.. and than they end the season with two road games against last place teams.

The Raiders have road games against Pittsburgh and Indy in two of their next three - and there is only one remaining game on their schedule where they figure to be a favorite by 3 points or more.

I wish they had MVP betting right now - Rivers has shredded every defense so far - and the road for him and his team look easy the rest of the way. Lots of games where they will be clear favorites - and lots of sub par defenses yet to come.

He'll get all the credit if they win the division.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:41 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
I doubt it. The Chargers have four of the next five games at home.. and than they end the season with two road games against last place teams.
No offense, but you're not exactly Adam Shefter when it comes to football. The Chargers are playing better, but that horrific special teams play is going to continue to play. Not to mention they have a straight mush for a coach.

Chargers have Denver this Monday, albeit at home but as we have seen anyone can win these division games. Denver just crushed KC. Then they have Indy on the road and division games agaist Oakland and KC. San Francisco at home, which is a dangerous team as they have been playing better. Then Cincy and Denver on the road. They can absolutely lose both of those games.

I called Oakland the winner of that division weeks ago and I'm sticking to it. So far so good.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:09 AM
Idlewild Airport

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/19/sp...k.html?_r=1&hp
Old 11-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Flemington

Quote:
The Chargers are playing better, but that horrific special teams play is going to continue to play. Not to mention they have a straight mush for a coach.
I'm a points scored/points allowed guy and not a yards guy - but - they have the #1 ranked offense in the NFL in terms of yards gained and #2 ranked defense in the NFL in terms of fewest yards allowed.

Basically - an NFL team should eventually be able to figure out how to not allow punts to get blocked.

Besides a mush coach - they are the dumbest team ever. That Jacob Hester player from LSU ... I haven't played a Madden game in like five years - but his awareness rating should be like a -6. Hard to believe a scrappy white guy has stood out to me as the single dumbest player I've watched play all year.

I don't know - they'll be favored in all but one remaining game. The odds are on their side.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
I don't know - they'll be favored in all but one remaining game. The odds are on their side.
They've been favored in their first 9 games and are 3-6. Them being favored hasn't meant much so far. They are a full two games out of first in that division. I'll take my chances with Oakland.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Flemington

4-5 - one game back.

Sincerely,

Old 11-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Keeneland

Yeah, you're right, I was looking at the standings and misread their record with Denver.

Doesn't change the fact they've been favored in all of their games so far this year and are 4-5. It was wise to ignore that point Rupert.