Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Jerome Park

Default The Rail at Aqueduct

What they are conducting out there is not racing......it is get to the rail and everything else will take care of itself.

Worse than Keeneland before Polytrack.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:27 PM
Arlington Park

send in Hevesi. He'll get to the bottom of it.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
send in Hevesi. He'll get to the bottom of it.

It's already clear you add nothing to this site. There is no need to continue to prove it with each of your insipid posts.

Here's a thought....add 10 posts that actually involve some of the topics on this site....and then maybe one of your useless ( and completely humorless ) posts will seem slightly more tolerable.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:36 PM
Coach Pants

That last race was comedy.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
That last race was comedy.
It's beyond absurd. The inside horse was dead....DEAD....and somehow held off the outside horse. And, did you see the closing rush by the #1 horse who was glued to the rail?
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
It's beyond absurd. The inside horse was dead....DEAD....and somehow held off the outside horse. And, did you see the closing rush by the #1 horse who was glued to the rail?
I sure did. I needed the 9 in my rolling pick 3's. It's frustrating watching the best horse lose.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:40 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
It's already clear you add nothing to this site. There is no need to continue to prove it with each of your insipid posts.

Here's a thought....add 10 posts that actually involve some of the topics on this site....and then maybe one of your useless ( and completely humorless ) posts will seem slightly more tolerable.
chuckle. thanks for the keen insight and kind words. does this mean I'm off the holiday card list? good grief.

here's a thought right back at you.... have a good day and wonderful holiday season.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
I sure did. I needed the 9 in my rolling pick 3's. It's frustrating watching the best horse lose.

I wasn't involved, but there is no way on an even racetrack the 9 horse loses the race. You can tell he was stronger. It's like he was held back by some invisible force.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:43 PM
Oriental Park

Looked very sore to me, he got out into the 5 path. When he leveled out didnt have much punch. Rail may be golden today, but that 9 horse was sore
Old 12-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Looked very sore to me, he got out into the 5 path. When he leveled out didnt have much punch. Rail may be golden today, but that 9 horse was sore
I wouldn't be surprised if that entire field of $25K NYB maidens is sore. The track, however, carried the winner home.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
Oriental Park

Im not saying the others were sound and fantastic, just the runner up was obviously not wanting to cut that turn.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:58 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bid
Im not saying the others were sound and fantastic, just the runner up was obviously not wanting to cut that turn.

You're probably right.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:01 PM
oracle80

I simply cannot play when the track is like this.
Last weeks 7 outta 9 wire to wire rail winners on Friday was worse, but not by much.
This is beyond absurd. You can't tell me they couldn't even this track out and make it resemble racing.
This track super has got to go.
Its not rocket science to just harrow the ****ing thing deeper.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:05 PM
oracle80

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if that entire field of $25K NYB maidens is sore. The track, however, carried the winner home.
Lansdon is probably the luckiest guy I have ever met, its just incredible.
He couldn't watch the race so I gave him the call over the phone and just kept saying, shes dead, shes dead, shes dead, shes hanging in there but shes dead. I was astonished that she held on because she looked dead for a 1/4 mile.
Rail carries her home, he gets the purse, and he loses her in the claim box!!!
LOL!!!
Was gonna try to sell her for less than that to some Mountaineer guys and someone claims her.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:

on second thought....

Who made you the Prince of Sipid?

You don't like me, that's ok. Not everyone does.

I'm good with the three people I've met through here who called me to say thanks for putting them on 4 of 6 pick 4's over a three day period last week. More than a few others also offered their thanks here.

Maybe I'll take your advice. Perhaps not. Who knows. But you really don't rate all that high in my book to take free slaps at people you obviously have a problem with for less than obvious reasons.

You ain't the only person on earth that knows a few things about the sport and making money at it.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:11 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
on second thought....

Who made you the Prince of Sipid?

You don't like me, that's ok. Not everyone does.

I'm good with the three people I've met through here who called me to say thanks for putting them on 4 of 6 pick 4's over a three day period last week. More than a few others also offered their thanks here.

Maybe I'll take your advice. Perhaps not. Who knows. But you really don't rate all that high in my book to take free slaps at people you obviously have a problem with for less than obvious reasons.

You ain't the only person on earth that knows a few things about the sport and making money at it.
Off topic, Bruce, but are you going down to GP for the Sunshine Millions? I'm pretty sure that Kevin is coming down here... we're going to Tampa Bay on Friday and then heading down to GP later that night.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
oracle80

This is truly ridiculous. Another rail wire job and the 2nd horse looked dead and buried on the turn and just kept riding the conveyor belt rail to get 2nd.
This isn't racing.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:46 PM
oracle80

Barcola wins by 18 lengths, lol.
This is pretty funny stuff.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Barcola wins by 18 lengths, lol.
This is pretty funny stuff.

What I found most pathetic about that particular " race " was the intensive effort by the riders of the horses, who have speed, inside of Barcola to maintain their inside position. I guess hustling from the gate wasn't in their best interests.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:18 PM
oracle80

Quote:
What I found most pathetic about that particular " race " was the intensive effort by the riders of the horses, who have speed, inside of Barcola to maintain their inside position. I guess hustling from the gate wasn't in their best interests.
Don't you think at some point they just give up?
I mean, I know that they arent geniuses. But I truly think they stop trying on tracks like this when they know they have no speed.
I saw what you saw, but I think at some point they just say screw it.