Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2006, 05:16 PM
Gulfstream Park

Default day afta t'giving winners circle pic

heres a pic of the day after thanksgiving@tha thorne of book the bullet! my trainer claimed her outta a race in michigan and brought her here and she won, she unfortunately got claimed outta the race so of course i miss her. shes so sweet lol and maybe has the softest coat of any horse ive ever touched! anyways she came from last 2 first to win that day for us, in her previous race which we took her outta she won wire to wire, obviously a versatile lil filly. thats my trainer and groom with the horsE, and one of our owners and his son and then me rockin tha brown and white striped shirt holdin the racing form and then all those people after that we have no fricin clue who they are or how they wound up in the picture LOL!

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/26896...68366524FuWDEp
Old 12-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Gulfstream Park

yours truly also made quite a grip on the horse@tha windows dat day
Old 12-05-2006, 05:19 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
heres a pic of the day after thanksgiving@tha thorne of book the bullet! my trainer claimed her outta a race in michigan and brought her here and she won, she unfortunately got claimed outta the race so of course i miss her. shes so sweet lol and maybe has the softest coat of any horse ive ever touched! anyways she came from last 2 first to win that day for us, in her previous race which we took her outta she won wire to wire, obviously a versatile lil filly. thats my trainer and groom with the horsE, and one of our owners and his son and then me rockin tha brown and white striped shirt holdin the racing form and then all those people after that we have no fricin clue who they are or how they wound up in the picture LOL!

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/26896...68366524FuWDEp

John...dude...how can you see anything??? the back of your hat is pulled down to your nose bro...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:20 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
John...dude...how can you see anything??? the back of your hat is pulled down to your nose bro...

lol yeah, the sun was also shining directly right in our eyes. we go from 65 that day to below zero now in tha chi
Old 12-05-2006, 05:21 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
lol yeah, the sun was also shining directly right in our eyes. we go from 65 that day to below zero now in tha chi
is that at Da Thorne??? what little part of the building you can see looks depressing....

Im sure my beloved Balmoral Park looks NOTHING like that
Old 12-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Cahokia Downs

Dude, great picture but your taste in clothes leaves a lot to be desired for.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Hialeah Park

John,
Cool pic's. Thanks for sharing.
Now I know what I'm looking for when you show up at Toga.
Wayne
Old 12-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Gulfstream Park

lol yes but the place is over a 100 years old, like 1892 or 1894. theyve redone some of the inside of the grandstand this but only cuz theyve completely closed the clubhouse down other than the"horsemans lounge" which blows, and the gold cup room on the 3rd floor! the 3rd floor grandstand is nice for true handicappers due to the new handicapping center installed several years back. you can walk in and watch races from years back etc etc. believe me i hate having to be at hawthorne majority of the year, i wish sportsmans park the old sportsmans park was still going!

anyways kev balmoral and maywood are nothing to really go in your pants about visually. maywood however has done a ton of remodeling indoors and the clubhouse is nice now. balmorals out in crete which is south of here and since im not really a harness fan ive only drove out there a handful of times. its ok, id say id rate it better than tha wood
Old 12-05-2006, 05:30 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscrules
Dude, great picture but your taste in clothes leaves a lot to be desired for.
lol how so? that sean john shirt im wearin is pimp as hell. to each his or her own i guess
Old 12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
lol yes but the place is over a 100 years old, like 1892 or 1894. theyve redone some of the inside of the grandstand this but only cuz theyve completely closed the clubhouse down other than the"horsemans lounge" which blows, and the gold cup room on the 3rd floor! the 3rd floor grandstand is nice for true handicappers due to the new handicapping center installed several years back. you can walk in and watch races from years back etc etc. believe me i hate having to be at hawthorne majority of the year, i wish sportsmans park the old sportsmans park was still going!

anyways kev balmoral and maywood are nothing to really go in your pants about visually. maywood however has done a ton of remodeling indoors and the clubhouse is nice now. balmorals out in crete which is south of here and since im not really a harness fan ive only drove out there a handful of times. its ok, id say id rate it better than tha wood

Maywood...no thanks...you could give me the 1 hole there Johnny and I could lead them gate to wire...
Old 12-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Gulfstream Park

im wearin some jordans as well, lol how tha hell do you dress?
Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Flemington

The dress was formal on that day.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Dee Tee Stables

too coo! thanks for sharing the picture. sorry the filly got claimed tho.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
Gulfstream Park

hahahha damn im gettin slammed by peole bout my clothes for wearin a shirt that costs like 80 bucks and kicks that go for round a buck 20. anyways kev yeah although im notta huge harness fan i prefer the mile tracks to the half miles like maywood and northfield, definite advantage for the inside especially if your drawn outside and have zero speed! harness racing has gone downhill here so much since 2000 when sportsmans was converted into a auto track and horse track. harness racing no longer existed there in the summer which used to draw huge crowds and at the end of the meet had the huge suer night every year. the purses now for harness here in chicago are nowhere near what they were in 2k and before! thats why alotta guys left or were absent for portions of the year like eric ledford, tony morgan, joe anderson, dave magee etc etc etc
Old 12-05-2006, 05:37 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig188
too coo! thanks for sharing the picture. sorry the filly got claimed tho.
no problem zieg=) there were 4 people in for her which is fine but the guy who got her is in the same barn as us which is very unethical in the business since he never even mentioned to my trainer or asked if hed have a problem if he dropped on the horse
Old 12-05-2006, 05:39 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
im wearin some jordans as well, lol how tha hell do you dress?
John,
If one of mine finds its way to the winners circle, I might cross dress just for the special time. (JK!)
I think ya look "spiffy".
Old 12-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Cahokia Downs

wearin a shirt that costs like 80 bucks

You have to be kidding? You should really tuck that thing in and ditch those hoemboy sneakers.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Dee Tee Stables

lol

this from a guy with a man dressed as a TROJAN for his avatar. lmao

and yes, i know, usc..

wonder how many trojan-related jokes mr john david BOOTY has to endure from one day to the next....
Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Cahokia Downs

I wouldnt feel sorry for Booty. Hes going to do just fine. Hey, isnt Oracle the only guy on here you defend? Your cheating on him.

USC Rules!
Old 12-05-2006, 05:56 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscrules
I wouldnt feel sorry for Booty. Hes going to do just fine. Hey, isnt Oracle the only guy on here you defend? Your cheating on him.

USC Rules!
did i miss something somewhere? i leap to a lot of peoples defense, when i feel the need.

sorry, didn't realize i had stepped on your toes at some point in the past.

been posting with playa, oracle, and a lot of others that are now here for a long time, we all are former espn'ers.. matter of fact, oracle and i have had our share of 'disagreements'. guess you missed all those.