Christina Blacker

NEVER....

Caton Bredar
Todd Schrupp
Mike Joyce
Simon Bray
Matt Carothers
Tom Cassidy

...but my all time MUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL is Candace Hare....and she is on 28 hours a day. Doesn't anyone else work there? She is like a slot machine!
Old 09-29-2019, 07:42 AM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
YES...

Ed Burghart
José Contreras on the QRTRs
Mckeever
Scott Hazleton
Joaquin Jaime
Megan Devine
Gabby Gaudet

SOMETIMES..

Ken Rudolf
Tom Amoss
Donna Barton Brothers
Dave Weaver
Britney Eurton
Nick Hines
Caleb Keller
Kurt Hoover
Christina Blacker

NEVER....

Caton Bredar
Todd Schrupp
Mike Joyce
Simon Bray
Matt Carothers
Tom Cassidy

...but my all time MUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL is Candace Hare....and she is on 28 hours a day. Doesn't anyone else work there? She is like a slot machine!
Rich Perloff is another on the "yes" list. His work in the "handicapsule" is terrific on Mondays and Tuesdays dealing with lesser horses, "B" tracks, and making the presentation interesting.

Interesting fact about Megan Devine : She is a graduate of South Side High School here on Long Island, graduating the same time as Crystal Dunn of the US Women's National Soccer team.

Gabby Gaudet should still be with the NYRA crew who put on a much better broadcast with Saratoga Live and Belmont Live. Opened the door for Acacia Courtney who has filled Gabby's ex-role adroitly.

Would move up Tom Amoss as he brings a keen trainer's experience to the broadcasts everywhere. I also find Simon Bray to bring that same insight albeit on a lesser scale. He is paired so often with Todd Schrupp that Simon does not get the same chance to shine on his own.

Sometimes it seems that Mike Joyce and Matt Carothers, both very knowledgable about the game, have become bored with what they are doing and forget that they are lucky to be doing it.

I did laugh about your Candace Hare observation. She could use a stylist on-air, but her knowledge regarding Australian racing is solid.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:50 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard burch View Post
YES...

Ed Burghart
José Contreras on the QRTRs
Mckeever
Scott Hazleton
Joaquin Jaime
Megan Devine
Gabby Gaudet

SOMETIMES..

Tom Amoss
Donna Barton Brothers
Dave Weaver
Britney Eurton
Nick Hines
Caleb Keller
Kurt Hoover
Christina Blacker

NEVER....

Caton Bredar
Todd Schrupp
Mike Joyce
Simon Bray
Matt Carothers
Tom Cassidy

...but my all time MUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL is Ken Rudolf & Candace Hare....and she is on 28 hours a day. Doesn't anyone else work there? She is like a slot machine!

FTFU
Old 10-01-2019, 10:36 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJ View Post
Rich Perloff is another on the "yes" list. His work in the "handicapsule" is terrific on Mondays and Tuesdays dealing with lesser horses, "B" tracks, and making the presentation interesting.

Interesting fact about Megan Devine : She is a graduate of South Side High School here on Long Island, graduating the same time as Crystal Dunn of the US Women's National Soccer team.

Gabby Gaudet should still be with the NYRA crew who put on a much better broadcast with Saratoga Live and Belmont Live. Opened the door for Acacia Courtney who has filled Gabby's ex-role adroitly.

Would move up Tom Amoss as he brings a keen trainer's experience to the broadcasts everywhere. I also find Simon Bray to bring that same insight albeit on a lesser scale. He is paired so often with Todd Schrupp that Simon does not get the same chance to shine on his own.

Sometimes it seems that Mike Joyce and Matt Carothers, both very knowledgable about the game, have become bored with what they are doing and forget that they are lucky to be doing it.

I did laugh about your Candace Hare observation. She could use a stylist on-air, but her knowledge regarding Australian racing is solid.
Leaving Perloff off the list was an error through manual typing. He would definitely be in the top tier. He has reasonable angles and logic for his picks. Schrupp, Joyce and Rudolf were personalities, not handicappers. I'm no Carnac but they aren't any better than me. Carothers tries to win with singling these 8-1 horses who don't have any business being there. I'm sure he hits sometimes but I have never seen it. Simon became a goofball, I don't know what happened to him. I would prefer they just show track feeds and show stats, lots of stats. I can do without the "entertainment" portion of the programming.

As for my dear Candace, sometimes it is better to give thanks to someone like you who says what you feel. Please don't ever mention her "unknown on the planet earth" accent while talking out of the side of her mouth. That would be mean.

Last edited by richard burch : 10-02-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Churchill Downs

Paul "Blinky" Lo Duca

MLB umpire Joe West sues ex-player Paul Lo Duca for claiming Billy Wagner bribed him with car rides

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/joe-wes...233045794.html