Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
After training for Ken Ramsey and Gus Goldsmith, anything else is a stroll in the park!!!
Truer words were never spoken!
Old 12-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Sha Tin

Though we are just in the initial stages of setting this up it is encouraging to see the positive response. Hooves came up with the idea and Steve ran with it. As he said the individual investment will be modest and I am willing to provide some sweat equity to keep the expenses reasonable. Though there are a few details to be worked out hopefully we will be up and running soon.
Old 12-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Though we are just in the initial stages of setting this up it is encouraging to see the positive response. Hooves came up with the idea and Steve ran with it. As he said the individual investment will be modest and I am willing to provide some sweat equity to keep the expenses reasonable. Though there are a few details to be worked out hopefully we will be up and running soon.
I have to say, your willingness to put that into this possible partnership speaks volumes. Thank you.
Old 12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Steve Byk

Default Next Steps..

Needless to say that everybody seems very excited about an undertaking of this kind.. The obvious advantage we have trying to do this is Chuck Simon.

In terms of Next Steps, we will be formulating a prospectus with detailed explanation of how a partnership like this would be organized, work and administered. In the most simple terms, approximately 60 shares of $500 will be available in each 'partnership' with a maximum of 2 shares available per person. As this is a partnership for fun, we do not expect to make money... Unless we're as lucky as the most fortunate players in the business, this investment will most likely be strictly "for entertainment purposes only.." Do not get involved if you hope for even a modest return on investment.

By limiting shares, we will keep individual ownership percentages under 5% each which mitigates the need for individuals to be licensed and minimizes the tax ramifications involved in horse ownership and partnership management.

Those interested in receiving a copy of the prospectus and partnership agreement should Email me at stevebyk@derbytrail.com with their names and addresses. Once ready for distribution, I will send it out. As soon as payments are accumulated, Chuck will finalize the selection of a runner. Expenses of establishing the partnership will come out of the initial investment, another small percentage will be kept in reserve for emergencies, and the majority will be used for acquisition of our first horse.

As the vast majority of expenses will be shouldered by Chuck, all decisions regarding horse selection, race placement, riders, etc., will be his. We're along for the ride and to get together at Fairgrounds, Churchill, Turfway and Saratoga and have fun...

More as we finalize elements... Thrilled that so many are interested and excited by the idea...

Steve
Old 12-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Needless to say that everybody seems very excited about an undertaking of this kind.. The obvious advantage we have trying to do this is Chuck Simon.

In terms of Next Steps, we will be formulating a prospectus with detailed explanation of how a partnership like this would be organized, work and administered. In the most simple terms, approximately 60 shares of $500 will be available in each 'partnership' with a maximum of 2 shares available per person. As this is a partnership for fun, we do not expect to make money... Unless we're as lucky as the most fortunate players in the business, this investment will most likely be strictly "for entertainment purposes only.." Do not get involved if you hope for even a modest return on investment.

By limiting shares, we will keep individual ownership percentages under 5% each which mitigates the need for individuals to be licensed and minimizes the tax ramifications involved in horse ownership and partnership management.

Those interested in receiving a copy of the prospectus and partnership agreement should Email me at stevebyk@derbytrail.com with their names and addresses. Once ready for distribution, I will send it out. As soon as payments are accumulated, Chuck will finalize the selection of a runner. Expenses of establishing the partnership will come out of the initial investment, another small percentage will be kept in reserve for emergencies, and the majority will be used for acquisition of our first horse.

As the vast majority of expenses will be shouldered by Chuck, all decisions regarding horse selection, race placement, riders, etc., will be his. We're along for the ride and to get together at Fairgrounds, Churchill, Turfway and Saratoga and have fun...

More as we finalize elements... Thrilled that so many are interested and excited by the idea...

Steve
We have also raced at Keeneland, Tampa, Mountaineer Park, Monmouth, Belmont, Del Mar, etc. in the past year, so we will not be afraid to go on the road if the situation calls for a road trip, which are always fun!
Old 12-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
We have also raced at Keeneland, Tampa, Mountaineer Park, Monmouth, Belmont, Del Mar, etc. in the past year, so we will not be afraid to go on the road if the situation calls for a road trip, which are always fun!
Are you cool with allowing us to make suggestions for future races? I have no problem with my idea not being used, just as long as I know it is given consideration and not just ignored.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:28 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
Are you cool with allowing us to make suggestions for future races? I have no problem with my idea not being used, just as long as I know it is given consideration and not just ignored.
Why not? Input would always be considered. Personally I dont care whos ideas get us into the winners circle as long as we get there. I'm much bigger on cash than I am credit.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:

YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
Chuck...I love you...
Old 12-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Ak-Sar-Ben

Count me in for a share or two.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:03 AM
Randwyck

im interested
Old 12-08-2006, 06:35 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
YEEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!
Chuck...I love you...

Chuck usually has a few nice ones owned by Stella Thayer (the owner of TBD).
Old 12-08-2006, 08:22 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Why not? Input would always be considered. Personally I dont care whos ideas get us into the winners circle as long as we get there. I'm much bigger on cash than I am credit.
Awesome, should be a blast. As long as everyone understands you have the final say I think we can have some fun on here discussing potential options.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Del Mar

Count me in if a spot is available. What a great idea!
Old 12-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Oaklawn

I might be able to do a share or two.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'd do my best to be in for a share.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Sam Houston

Default Horse People Making Horse Decisions

Sounds great, CBS(Carolina Barbecue Stables)! Ready when you are.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Les Bois

what i tried to say earlier......i am very interested, but would like to know if i could split a share with a friend or do we each need our own? thanks so much!
Old 12-15-2006, 09:41 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
DRF,

Sure! You can certainly split a share with a friend/relative/spouse/pet...
but where do we send said moneys,,,,,in what name ect...
Old 12-16-2006, 01:36 PM
The Curragh

Definitely interested. Great idea!
Old 12-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Steve Byk

Default Dee Tee Stables Getting Underway!!

Prospectus/Agreement letter is done and will be mailed out over the next few days...

Look for it in your mailbox... If you are interested and have not yet Emailed me your home address, please do so! sbyk@nycap.rr.com

We anticipate raising between $35,000-$45,000, and Chuck is thinking that there may be an excellent candidate for us in the February Fasig-Tipton Sale, or otherwise will be on the lookout for "our horse"...