Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-26-2010, 10:27 PM
Flemington

Default Anyone still think the Jets "find ways to lose games"?

I know this was a popular (and dumb) opinion I was hearing around here after week #1.

It was based on the play of Jets teams that included almost zero of the current players and coaches.

I never watch baseball - but it sounded like a bunch of crap that you hear about the Chicago Cubs and always would hear about the Red Sox until all of their recent success.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:32 PM
Keeneland

Bothers you when you're wrong huh?
Old 11-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
It was based on the play of Jets teams that included almost zero of the current players and coaches.
For the last time, this is completely false.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:40 PM
Flemington

I had a very bad day and you're behaving in Anti-DrugS fashion.

The Pats are still winning and scoring a lot without Moss - and he's been asked to come in to replace injured superstar #1 recievers in Sydney Rice and Kenny Britt .. while only having a few practices to learn the whole playbook and offensive system. His desperate teams have sucked.

I was wrong. So what? Don't hate me cause I'm pretty. Don't be jealous of my good looks.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
For the last time, this is completely false.
They went to the AFC Championship last year with many new coaches and good holdovers (like the special teams coach), a rookie qb, and they got an entire all-star team of free agents this year.... and you guys act like they're going to trip over their dick every game because of completely different teams from a few years earlier.
Old 11-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I had a very bad day and you're behaving in Anti-DrugS fashion.

The Pats are still winning and scoring a lot without Moss - and he's been asked to come in to replace injured superstar #1 recievers in Sydney Rice and Kenny Britt .. while only having a few practices to learn the whole playbook and offensive system. His desperate teams have sucked.

I was wrong. So what? Don't hate me cause I'm pretty. Don't be jealous of my good looks.
My day hasn't been great either. I'm not anti-DrugS and you know it. I can't help being jealous of your looks, no one can.

My only point was the Pats are a better team without Moss. Without having to worry about trying to pander to him, the offense is better. Moss is a great player when he wants to be. But sometimes teams are better without great players. It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it happens.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
They went to the AFC Championship last year with many new coaches and good holdovers (like the special teams coach), a rookie qb, and they got an entire all-star team of free agents this year.... and you guys act like they're going to trip over their dick every game because of completely different teams from a few years earlier.
No, idiot, I understand that you only watch four football games a year, but last year's team took horrendous beat after horrendous beat in the regular season before turning the corner in the playoffs. In fact, even being a Jet fan since I was a kid, last year was particularly unbelievable in the egregious no-business-losing losses they took.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
No, idiot, I understand that you only watch four football games a year, but last year's team took horrendous beat after horrendous beat in the regular season before turning the corner in the playoffs. In fact, even being a Jet fan since I was a kid, last year was particularly unbelievable in the egregious no-business-losing losses they took.
Who gives a sh!t? They won back to back road playoff games as underdogs - and competed well with a vastly superior team in the AFC Championship game.

The teams who typically make the playoffs by winning a lot of close lucky regular season games often get bounced out right away... even if they have home field.

It's the NFL ... they have this thing called a salary cap ... they have a draft and schedule which anually rewards bad teams and punishes good teams. If you don't have a first ballot hall of famer playing QB .. be thankful you even make the playoffs.