Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2009, 09:54 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989
Photos from today

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLan...localeid=en_US

Just feel kinda empty this evening. I became a big fan of Ramps from our first visit last fall. She may not be the biggest or most talented filly out there, but I always appreciated how she gave us an honest, hard running effort each start. Her win at Delaware was one of those special days I will never forget. And being able to visit her at Bowie was a great treat as well.

Though I will miss her running under the Lime Green and Blue Dots, I wish Ramps and her new connections much luck and continued success.

Overall, still a fun day at Charles Town as its always enjoyable to spend a day at the track with fellow partners, family and friends.
Great pictures Dave - I love #9 where she is sticking out her tongue. Thanks for posting these.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Cannon
Just wanted to thank everyone in Dee Tee Stables for the opportunity to train Rampillion. She was a nice filly and was in great shape when she arrived from Chuck's barn. It was great meeting all of you who came out to her three start here in the east. I hope to see you all around sometime.
linda, thanks for the time you spent with us during the 2 races we attended. i watched the race with you yesterday and appreciated your comments as the race unfolded. i know you were as shocked as the rest of us when the claim was announced.
THANKS for having Pills ready to run all 3 starts and for the win! good luck with your other horses. we hope you stay in touch on derbytrail.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 AM
Keeneland

Thanks, Linda, for training our girl, and keeping the Dee Tee experience great fun!
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I guess I'll ask the question. My understanding was that the Aldeb/Rampy partnership was a "close ended" deal versus the previous. Is this true and how are purse funds and the claim money being distributed, if at all?
There's options. A new claim.. A small distribution.. After expenses and money that goes to Chuck/Linda, there's really not a significant amount per share to distribute. Tom Baldwin offered to split a claim ($7.5k?, $10k?).
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
There's options. A new claim.. A small distribution.. After expenses and money that goes to Chuck/Linda, there's really not a significant amount per share to distribute. Tom Baldwin offered to split a claim ($7.5k?, $10k?).

If we are taking a vote I vote for a new claim.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkGirl
If we are taking a vote I vote for a new claim.
Sorry

I'm in the other camp. Thought this wasn't an endless partnership. If there is enough money for a new claim, then I think it should be dispersed and if there is a claim that develops from that, then those folks can get together on it. But, majority rules I guess so we'll see.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Sorry

I'm in the other camp. Thought this wasn't an endless partnership. If there is enough money for a new claim, then I think it should be dispersed and if there is a claim that develops from that, then those folks can get together on it. But, majority rules I guess so we'll see.

I'm with Bob. I'd rather we kept the two seperate.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:36 AM
Detroit Race Course

I think Bob makes a good point. Things could get really complicated if new partners come in on a new claim, with Aldeb being part of the same original agreement. I have no problem investing $ on a new purchase or claim, but it may be easier for all if we keep it seperate from Aldeb. Personally I'm still trying to figure out where we stand on SWLY. All in all...I'm going to miss the speedy little midget horse.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Keeneland

I thought Aldeb and Ramp were part of the same package deal, so as that deal includes Aldeb, who is still on the scene, I don't see how anything could be distributed.

Shouldn't anything left over from Rampillion stay in the "Aldeb-Ramp" pot?

If there is a vote, I do vote for distribution, not a new claim (although I have only have a "shared" vote

I do own (or did own) two Sumwonlovesyou shares - do we still have an interest in her, or not? If not, that's fine, I'd just like to know what the deal is.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 07-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Morris Park

Default claim

I visted this filly 2 times out in KY, once at the training center an once at Bluegrass Equine. Very sweet horse and fun to watch run. I will miss seeing her run in our colors.

We must be doing something right if others are interested enough in our horses to claim from us. Thanks Linda and Chuck and everyone who took care of her.

Does any one know who took her? I want to keep on watching her as she goes along in her racing no matter how many times she is claimed.

When she is done racing, I want to make sure she gets a good home. I have a lot of connections with equine adoption. I am on the veterinary advisory board of Re-Run NJ.

See every one soon at Saratoga!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Jerome Park

I think you guys should hold on to the claim money and use it to buy back Rampy if she drops in price
Old 07-28-2009, 12:19 PM
Sha Tin

The deal with Aldeb and Rampillion is a closed end deal vis a via the contract that we have. Because of accounting issues we would only like to do one final distribution when Aldeb is either claimed or sold (Or we may do an end of the year distribution if we still have Aldeb). We have also accrued some unfortunate but costly expenses with Aldebutante and her surgery and related care which has cut into the revenues generated by the girls earnings which are further diminished when the 50% of the trainers cut is taken away along with the jockeys fees and %'s. Quite frankly we felt as though the partners may be more interested in rolling over the amount left into another horse as opposed to simply waiting for the final disbursement especially since there are no training expenses as with all the partnerships. If that isn't what you guys want to do then that is fine with us. We wont make this a majority decision simply because the terms are clear but if everyone agreed to do something else we would be game. Since there are already a few partners that have expressed no desire to get another horse we will keep campaigning Aldebutante and keep the funds on acct.

Sumwonlovesyou is an entirely different situation.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Hialeah Park

I kinda assumed since there were two horses in this partnership we wouldn't do anything until both horses were done racing for us. I'd much prefer we use any available money to get another horse to waiting until Aldebutante is claimed or retired (by which point we could have used up any Rampillion money anyways).
Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Fairgrounds

I am all for more horses. That is why we got in to this in the first place, to watch "our' horses run. None of us got into this for the money.

Paul
Old 07-28-2009, 02:04 PM
Detroit Race Course

Leaving the $ on account until Aldeb is..... or using the $ to aquire another runner, either one works for me. New money coming in at this point in the contract would be where it would get fuzzy for me. This SWLY thing must be very complicated.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabvmd
Does any one know who took her? I want to keep on watching her as she goes along in her racing no matter how many times she is claimed.

When she is done racing, I want to make sure she gets a good home.
Rampillion was claimed by "Hess Winfred L Jr; Trainer Carlisle John C"

I join you in that thought, and I'll join in that action if it ever becomes necessary. I'm keeping her in my stable mail, so I can keep an eye on her.

As I've posted here before, I worry about the Dee Tee horses (when we no longer have them). I personally don't think my responsibility to the horses completely ends when we no longer own them.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
The deal with Aldeb and Rampillion is a closed end deal vis a via the contract that we have. Because of accounting issues we would only like to do one final distribution when Aldeb is either claimed or sold (Or we may do an end of the year distribution if we still have Aldeb). We have also accrued some unfortunate but costly expenses with Aldebutante and her surgery and related care which has cut into the revenues generated by the girls earnings which are further diminished when the 50% of the trainers cut is taken away along with the jockeys fees and %'s. Quite frankly we felt as though the partners may be more interested in rolling over the amount left into another horse as opposed to simply waiting for the final disbursement especially since there are no training expenses as with all the partnerships. If that isn't what you guys want to do then that is fine with us. We wont make this a majority decision simply because the terms are clear but if everyone agreed to do something else we would be game. Since there are already a few partners that have expressed no desire to get another horse we will keep campaigning Aldebutante and keep the funds on acct.

Sumwonlovesyou is an entirely different situation.
i have no dog in this hunt, since this is the only partnership i didn't get into-but if i was involved, i'd want to make a claim. altho rampillion is gone, it was a two horse deal-i can't think of a compelling reason not to continue with a second horse. as an outsider looking in on this, and therefore unbiased, i would MUCH rather have a second horse to root for then have a few extra bucks...
Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pweizer
I am all for more horses. That is why we got in to this in the first place, to watch "our' horses run. None of us got into this for the money.

Paul
I'm in this camp, for me it is all about watching the horses run. I don't believe anything can be distributed until both horses have run their course. That being said I would vote to claim another horse to go along with Aldeb if that is an option.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:34 AM
Morris Park

Default Rampi

Thanks Riot,

I agree with you. Thanks for keeping the cyber check on her.

I had some friends that bred a horse and ran him around 10 times before he got claimed. This was before we had all this great computer/internet resourses to follow the horses. They followed him by paper (DRF postings) until they saw a two month gap from his last start. Found him, bought him back and someone rehabilitated his sore ankle that stoped him from racing and made him into a nice hunter.

Our responsibilty, no matter how much success they have had as a racer does not end after the last start.

Great to be a Dee Tee member.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:44 AM
Hialeah Park

So if she is entered for $10K or less next out could we claim her right back?