Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by disappearingdan_akaplaya
who was really trying to bicker? becuz somebody states a opinion doesnt necessarily mean theyre criticizing. dont worry youre a saint in everyones eyes
Hardly lol.

I'm just reiterating that there are plenty of non-owners who are along for the ride here too who aren't saying what they should or shouldn't do but are just enjoying it like the many owners are.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:23 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
i was only stating that becuz the guy made it seem like i had no frame of reference and didnt have a clue about the game at all, people on here that have known me for 5+ years know my abilities and know im not just some raving lunatic but you know what FU*K it, im not gonna even bother anymore giving my opinion anymore or trying to help cuz no matter what i say im wrong in some peoples minds LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just wasted energy and i got my own that i own to worry about and others that i take care of also to put my energy towards insteada taking crap over this.

again i think every1 involved with the horse including the horse herself is in good hands with chuck but BIGSMC just cuz youve been around longer than someone on the racetrack doesnt mean you know more than them or are doing better. go down the backstretch and see how many trainers in their 50's and 60's aint gotta dime to their name, how many of em are still gyp's, see how many are under 10% for their careers and still cant get it right after all the years theyve been around etc etc etc, i see plenty everyday on the backside!

im not gonna comment about the horse anymore from here on out other than GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS!
Didn't say I know more than anybody. Said I know enough to let the GM and Trainer do their thing.

Your expertise is noted and your opinions are welcome. Just don't beat us over the head with them.

We're just trying to have a little fun here. It's one race. Nobody is panicking over a loss in a N1X at KEE. The lifetime conditions will come soon enough if she shows that is where she belongs, but one loss in a race where everyone knew she was up against it, is not the time to pull the plug.

Chuck and Steve have much more invested than we do in this and whatever they choose to do with her is their perogative and I will back them 100%.

Good luck with your horses.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Randwyck

Personally, I like the race on the 29th. I'd rather creep back in class than drop all at once. I think we'll see a much different outcome after her next start.

Again, a big thanks to Chuck and Steve for bringing this all together in such a short period. It was a pleasure to meet you two, as well as the other partners in attendance at Keeneland yesterday. I wish I could have stayed longer and the weather was a bit better. I can't wait to try her again at Churchill.

Chris
Old 04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Didn't say I know more than anybody. Said I know enough to let the GM and Trainer do their thing.

Your expertise is noted and your opinions are welcome. Just don't beat us over the head with them.

We're just trying to have a little fun here. It's one race. Nobody is panicking over a loss in a N1X at KEE. The lifetime conditions will come soon enough if she shows that is where she belongs, but one loss in a race where everyone knew she was up against it, is not the time to pull the plug.

Chuck and Steve have much more invested than we do in this and whatever they choose to do with her is their perogative and I will back them 100%.

Good luck with your horses.

yep fun is the main thing, and thanks for the wishes! won 1 last friday here and we will probaly have 2 in this weekend so hopefully we do well!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
yep fun is the main thing, and thanks for the wishes! won 1 last friday here and we will probaly have 2 in this weekend so hopefully we do well!

Good luck!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffymommy
Good luck!
thanks, ill put the winners circle pic up from friday as soon as i get it of my boy b-wood(lol my nickname for tha horse)
Old 04-12-2007, 06:14 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
Steve! Tell your Steelers story <g>
My brother Ed and I are huge Pittsburgh Steeler football fans, so as we were approaching Lexington on the drive down we saw all the signs for the University of Kentucky and I said to him "Do you know what former Steeler great went to the University of Kentucky?" He said "no" and I told him that it was Dermonti Dawson (for those that don't follow football, he was an all-pro center for the Steelers for most of his career).

On Wednesday at Keeneland, I am standing in front of the gift shop, wearing my Steelers jacket, waiting to hook up with the other DT'ers. This large man walks by, notices my Steeler attire and says "hi". I looked at him and said "Dermonti Dawson ???" to which he replied "yes I am." He was with his business partner and said that they just came over to catch a few races. He stayed and talked for a few minutes and was as nice as could be!!! It was just too weird.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:35 PM
Newmarket

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepopyak
My brother Ed and I are huge Pittsburgh Steeler football fans, so as we were approaching Lexington on the drive down we saw all the signs for the University of Kentucky and I said to him "Do you know what former Steeler great went to the University of Kentucky?" He said "no" and I told him that it was Dermonti Dawson (for those that don't follow football, he was an all-pro center for the Steelers for most of his career).

On Wednesday at Keeneland, I am standing in front of the gift shop, wearing my Steelers jacket, waiting to hook up with the other DT'ers. This large man walks by, notices my Steeler attire and says "hi". I looked at him and said "Dermonti Dawson ???" to which he replied "yes I am." He was with his business partner and said that they just came over to catch a few races. He stayed and talked for a few minutes and was as nice as could be!!! It was just too weird.
That's cool
I've been a Steelers fan since I was ten, great to know that my fellow partner is a fan of the "Black & Gold".
Too bad Dee Tee silks weren't that color!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevepopyak

That is a great story Steve, not only having a horse run at Keeneland, but
to meet an oustanding Steelers football player of the 90's must of topped
off a great day.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:45 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I think playa wants to claim DeeTee's horse out from under 'em.

Sumwon needed a race.

I'm not the least bit discouraged.

I look forward to seeing her at Churchill.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:53 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut

Sumwon needed a race.

LOL...
Old 04-13-2007, 10:10 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeWingnut

Sumwon needed a race.

lol i like the gal alot but no i would never do that!!!! there are ethics involved in this game, unfortunately tho some people have none. we took a filly at the end of the great lakes meet for 7500 and ran her back here for 10 a couple weeks later and she won. great huh? well she got claimed which is part of the game ok fine no problem right we made a nice little profit on her? well unfortunately wrong becuz it was by another trainer in the same barn as us who didnt even have the decency to tell us hey im gonna drop on your horse, if it was a trainer from another barn who had gotten her(there was a 3 way shake) we wouldnta had a gripe. anyways its sad cuz all hes done is make the filly do a 180 in the opposite direction, i see her everyday and shes not the same horse. heres the bullet in her better days(with us)

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/26896...68366524FuWDEp
Old 04-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
That's cool
I've been a Steelers fan since I was ten, great to know that my fellow partner is a fan of the "Black & Gold".
Too bad Dee Tee silks weren't that color!
""Black & Silver"" are the colors of a WINNER !!!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Pimlico

Black and White with Diamonds- FCC. Now that's a true owner. He looks at every horse before he buys. Look at other owners they sit at home and call their trainer claim this horse.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Um no. Black and Gold are the colors of a winner.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:49 PM
Newmarket

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Um no. Black and Gold are the colors of a winner.

No I disagree...It is "Black n' Gold" !

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 04-13-2007, 10:59 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Oh good. Another Spurs fan. The professional sports frachise with the highest winning % of any, basketball, football, baseball, hockey team in the last 9 years.

Good to know Im not the only one on the board...