Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 06:23 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Posted this on the "Sumwon Live" thread but thought I'd add it hear as well..

Back from dinner with Chuck and Paula (wife).. What a long, fun day..!

Hope all enjoyed this first experience as the Dee Tee Partners, and everyone here really, participated in what I believe was a tremendous accomplishment. In her first start in ALW company; her first start on grass; and first start in 90 days, Sumwon was as over-her-head as thought, and perhaps short for the 8.5 journey.. No matter. Even with a last place effort, the pleasure in bringing together so many people who had never before been involved in horse ownership was overwhelming.

The objective of the Dee Tee Stable was to promote horse ownership and racetrack comraderie, and today was an undeniable success. At least 16 partners were in attendence at Keeneland, and I think they had a great time. And I can see that everyone that followed the day here, whether in DT or not, were equally excited. The kind words from everyone here is greatly appreciated, and I'm sure I speak for Chuck when I say that it's been our pleasure getting this undertaking off the ground. It's really those that inspired the concept and got involved that made it happen. And this was only the next step in the process.

Sumwon exited the race tired, indicating she needed more work yet, but scoped clean and snapped back well after cooling out. This race will do a lot for her fitness, and as mentioned earlier in the thread, will likely run back on Sunday, April 29, Opening Day at Churchill. in a 1 mile (dirt) $50,000 claimer.

More from Chuck later I'm sure.. and from me as well. Back in Florida tomorrow and will catch up soon as I can.

Thanks to all Derby Trailers for making this a wonderful day...
Opening day is Sat. the 28th, but it is definitely opening weekend!