Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Steve Byk

Default "One Revolution"

FINALLY!

I am delighted to let Dee Tee partners know that after all kinds of attempts, the proceeds from the claim of Proudly Irish on 12/18/10 has produced the acquisition of KEE September Yearling Sale Hip 2154, a petite bay filly by Langfuhr..

Instantly notable on her page is that her 2nd dam, Lady Blackfoot, produced the outstanding $1.5 million earning MG1W Labeeb. Trained by Neil Drysdale for Sh. Mohammed, Labeeb won the 1996 G1 Shoemaker Mile, 1996 G1-C Woodbine Mile, 1995 G1 Hollywood Derby and was 3rd behind Da Hoss in that one's initial BC Mile win in 1996.

Purchased privately from Vinery Sales, the filly will travel in the next 48 hours to Woody Payne at Ingleside Training Center in Montpelier Station, VA. She will ultimately be joined by Sumwonlovesyou's yearling Purim filly and go to Chuck next summer.

I appreciate everyone's patience as we tried to make the most of what we had to spend out of the claim of Proudly Irish. We believed it made more sense to find an opportunity with a "new" horse -- a 2yo in training or as it turned out this yearling -- than taking someone else's second hand claimer for $5k. We now have something fresh we can develop on our own.

Chuck & Steve

Last edited by Kasept : 09-21-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Washington Park

Congrats to the partners. Tinafuhrbyk has a nice ring to it.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Hollywood Park

Great job Chuck & Steve - -

What a great-looking filly with a wonderful pedigree !!

Langfuhr is one of my favorite sires - the filly she should love the turf - -

My early entry for a name is "She Can Dance" in honor of the owner/breeder of Langfuhr.

Can't wait to see her...........
Old 09-22-2011, 05:36 AM
Arlington Park

Thanks CS.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
FINALLY!

I am delighted to let Dee Tee partners know that after all kinds of attempts, the proceeds from the claim of Proudly Irish on 12/18/10 has produced the acquisition of KEE September Yearling Sale Hip 2154, a petite bay filly by Langfuhr..

Instantly notable on her page is that her 2nd dam, Lady Blackfoot, produced the outstanding $1.5 million earning MG1W Labeeb. Trained by Neil Drysdale for Sh. Mohammed, Labeeb won the 1996 G1 Shoemaker Mile, 1996 G1-C Woodbine Mile, 1995 G1 Hollywood Derby and was 3rd behind Da Hoss in that one's initial BC Mile win in 1996.

Purchased privately from Vinery Sales, the filly will travel in the next 48 hours to Woody Payne at Ingleside Training Center in Montpelier Station, VA. She will ultimately be joined by Sumwonlovesyou's yearling Purim filly and go to Chuck next summer.

I appreciate everyone's patience as we tried to make the most of what we had to spend out of the claim of Proudly Irish. We believed it made more sense to find an opportunity with a "new" horse -- a 2yo in training or as it turned out this yearling -- than taking someone else's second hand claimer for $5k. We now have something fresh we can develop on our own.

Chuck & Steve

fantastic news, and she is gorgeous. love langfuhr for obvious reasons.

i wonder if 'auld lang syne' is taken as a name?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Gulfstream Park

Or 'auld lang fine' maybe?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Lincoln Fields

She's a very smart-looking filly - thanks for your efforts Chuck and Steve, SO much to look forward to!!

Unless am reading something wrong, noticed at PedigreeQuery under Bow River Gold's progeny (apparently Vinery, at some point) penciled in the name Clasicala, which would be, as Steve might say, delightful!

edit: hmmm don't think the direct link works, have to type in the dam's name then go from there ...

http://http://www.pedigreequery.com/

Last edited by Many Others : 09-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Fairgrounds

Great news guys. She looks great.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Steve Byk

Vanning to Virginia tonight..
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 AM
Randwyck

Been a while since we heard anything about this filly. I'm going to see if we can take a drive out to Montpelier Station next week to see her.

If a name hasn't yet been decided, I'd like to suggest Longing Fuhr Gold.

"Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary.” Cecil Beaton
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Steve Byk

The Langfuhr filly's name has been approved: ONE REVOLUTION

It honors the remarkable achievements and ongoing efforts of Chris Waddell.

http://one-revolution.com/index.php
Old 03-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
The Langfuhr filly's name has been approved: ONE REVOLUTION

It honors the remarkable achievements and ongoing efforts of Chris Waddell.

http://one-revolution.com/index.php
AWESOME.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Dee Tee Stables

when will info be available for shares for the langfuhr and purim fillies?
Old 03-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
when will info be available for shares for the langfuhr and purim fillies?
Working on it.. Hopefully by end of week.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

ok, thanks. in case you haven't noticed, patience is not my strong suit!