Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I'm pretty sure it was J.S. Giguere in 2003.
I think you are right.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Woodbine

A little anti climactic as the Canucks mailed it in again. Kudos to the Bruins who basically made them quit. I was dead wrong..I thought Vancouver could overcome Luongo's reversion to prior playoff form...also congrats to classy Vancouver fans for rioting after the game.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiaco View Post
A little anti climactic as the Canucks mailed it in again. Kudos to the Bruins who basically made them quit. I was dead wrong..I thought Vancouver could overcome Luongo's reversion to prior playoff form...also congrats to classy Vancouver fans for rioting after the game.
I really don't think they mailed in last night. They continued to skate hard, but they did miss the net with alot of shots.

I also thought that Luongo was alright last night. Can't fault him for the first goal, the 2nd one was tough cause he put it in his own net, but that was after making a ridiculous save. At that point you got the feeling that they weren't coming back anyway.

It just came down to Thomas was much better than Luongo and the Sedin brothers should be on all milk cartons this morning.
Old 06-16-2011, 12:32 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I really don't think they mailed in last night. They continued to skate hard, but they did miss the net with alot of shots.

I also thought that Luongo was alright last night. Can't fault him for the first goal, the 2nd one was tough cause he put it in his own net, but that was after making a ridiculous save. At that point you got the feeling that they weren't coming back anyway.

It just came down to Thomas was much better than Luongo and the Sedin brothers should be on all milk cartons this morning.
I don't know..to me Vancouver stayed away from the from of Boston's goal, lost every battle for loose pucks and the Bruins skated past their defense almost at will. Bergeron going past Ehrhoff on the third goal was ridiculous as was D. Sedin's effort on the face off that led to the first goal. I never got the impression the Canucks were ever in the game. Most of that was Boston's doing, but wow, for a game 7 I thought the effort was brutal. (Except for a suddenly rejuvenated Ryan Kesler).
Old 06-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Pretty pathetic display by the city of Vancouver last night, that's for dang sure.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Arlington Park

the kings just landed mike richards?!?

are you f'n kidding me? That was an awesome trade.

i know the flyers were up against the cap but i can't believe they let richards (and carter) go so cheap.

it's an awesome day for l.a. hockey fans.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post

i know the flyers were up against the cap but i can't believe they let richards (and carter) go so cheap.

Didn't know they even existed...
Old 06-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Didn't know they even existed...
you'd be surprised how many frostbacks get tired of the snow and move here.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
you'd be surprised how many frostbacks get tired of the snow and move here.
I wouldn't want to be buried there, much less live there
Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

People are still scratching their heads on the Richie trade. Carts put the writing on the wall himself with his disappearing act in the playoffs. I honestly think im the only person in all of Philly (besides the bartenders n broads he helped feel popular) tht liked Cartsy. It seems like during the playoffs tht i was heavily embroiled in about two arguments a day about him. People think tht getting rid of him is the answer---i say they're batshit crazy... The same people tht booed Mike Schmidtt, tough crowd..
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 06-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Arlington Park

i think you'll like schenn eventually. he's probably the best thing you got in the trade. he won't win you a cup in the next two years, but he's a great prospect. the kings development program right now is 60-70's era orioles or dodgers good.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I don't know, there's a better Richards on the market this offseason (Brad). Perhaps the Flyers will be targeting him? I know M. Richards was the captain and a leader and blah, blah, blah, but can the Flyers be a better team without him? Potentially.

Carter is by far, at least in my opinion, the more skilled player, though I think the Shenn kid has some serious potential.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Bowie

jake
Old 06-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
I don't know, there's a better Richards on the market this offseason (Brad). Perhaps the Flyers will be targeting him? I know M. Richards was the captain and a leader and blah, blah, blah, but can the Flyers be a better team without him? Potentially.

Carter is by far, at least in my opinion, the more skilled player, though I think the Shenn kid has some serious potential.
i think there's a reasonable chance the kings also sign brad richards. we'll know after 7/1 but if they do...