Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Steve Byk

Default Weekend Stakes Beyers: Unique Bella 96; Separationofpowers 86

KEE Shadwell Mile S (G1): Suedois-FR 105 (Le Havre-IRE) D. O'Meara/D. Tudhope
KEE Breeders' Futurity (G1): Free Drop Billy 79 (Union Rags) D. Romans/R. Albarado
KEE First Lady S (G1): Zipessa 100 (City Zip) M. Stidham/J. Bravo
KEE TCA S (G2): Finley'sluckycharm 94 (Twirling Candy) W. Calhoun/B. Hernandez
KEE Woodford S. (G2): Bucchero 98 (Kantharos) T. Glyshaw/F. De La Cruz
KEE Spinster S (G1): Romantic Vision 96 (Lemon Drop Kid) G. Arnold/B. Hernandez
KEE Bourbon S: Flameaway 71 (Scat Daddy) M. Casse/J. Leparoux
KEE Alcibiades S (G1): Heavenly Love 80 (Malibu Moon) M. Casse/J. Leparoux
KEE Phoenix S (G2): Whitmore 96 (Pleasantly Perfect) R. Moquett/M. Franco

BEL Jockey Club Gold Cup S (G1): Diversify 107 (Bellamy Road) R. Violette/I. Ortiz
BEL Champagne S (G1): Firenze Fire 90 (Poseidon's Warrior) J. Servis/I. Ortiz
BEL Flower Bowl S (G1): War Flag 98 (War Front) C. McGaughey/J. Ortiz
BEL Frizette S (G1): Separationofpowers 86 (Candy Ride-ARG) C. Brown/J. Ortiz
BEL Hill Prince S (G3): Yoshida-JPN 96 (Heart's Cry-JPN) W. Mott/M. Franco
BEL Turf Sprint Invitational S: Disco Partner 100 (Disco Rico) C. Clement/I. Ortiz
BEL Knickerbocker S (G2): Blacktype-FR 100 (Dunkerque-FR) C. Clement/J. Rosario

SA SA Sprint Championship S (G1): Roy H 106 (More Than Ready) P. Miller/K. Desormeaux
SA L.A. Woman S (G3): Unique Bella 96 (Tapit) J. Hollendorfer/M. Smith
SA Surfer Girl S: Fatale Bere-FR 73 (Pedro the Great) L. Powell/K. Desormeaux
SA Zuma Beach S: My Boy Jack 80 (Creative Cause) J. Desormeaux/K. Desormeaux
SA Obviously Mile S: Blackjackcat (Tale of the Cat) M. Glatt/K. Desormeaux
SA Swingtime S: Insta Erma 96 (Pioneerof the Nile) R. Baltas/C. Nakatani

WO Mazarine S (G3): Wonder Gadot 81 (Medaglia d'Oro) M. Casse/P. Husbands
WO Cup and Saucer S: Dixie Moon 75 (Curlin) C. Day Phillips/E. Da Silva
WO Ruling Angel S: Sister Nation 85 (Into Mischief) M. De Paulo/E. Da Silva
WO Bull Page S: Latonka 72 (Signature Red) D. McClachrie/G. Boulanger

HST BC Premier's H (G3): Awesome Slate -- (Summer Bird) C. Krasner/R. Hamel

BTP Juvenile S: Awaken 69 (Super Saver) T. Hamm/J. Graham
BTP Best of Ohio Sprint S: Hijo de Sheltowee 79 (Devil His Due) N. Morales/P. Morales
BTP Best of Ohio Distaff S: Mayas Queen Neetee 78 (Speightstown) J. Radosevich/L. Colon
BTP John W. Galbreath Memorial S: Missap 62 (A. P. Warrior) K. Gorder/D. Sarvis
BTP Best of Ohio Endurance S: Mo Dont No 90 (Uncle Mo) J. Radosevich/R. Feliciano

PRX Plum Pretty S: Power of Snunner 82 (Power by Far) T. Kreiser/D. Whitney

FNO Harris Farms S: Tribal Storm 84 (Papa Clem) E. Moger/I. Orozco

FL Leon Reed Memorial S : Breakin the Fever 80 (Roaring Fever) D. Breed/N. Alvarado

ZIA Permian Basin S: Kram -- (Colonel John) T. Fincher/R. Chirinos
ZIA Governor's Cup S: Just Call Me Ken -- (Regal Ransom) J. Cooper/A. Juarez

Last edited by Kasept : 10-11-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:26 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Race 6 winner at Belmont???
Please
Old 10-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Oriental Park

Looks like the horses out of the JCGC would have to get a lot faster to win in the classic.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
Looks like the horses out of the JCGC would have to get a lot faster to win in the classic.
107 is a legit #. But its a very deep field to run against this year. If Diversify were mine it would be Cigar Mile or Clark.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:03 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
Race 6 winner at Belmont???
Montauk 87

And since I'm sure you want to know 'Belmont 2nd'..

Copper Town 104
Old 10-08-2017, 10:04 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
107 is a legit #. But its a very deep field to run against this year. If Diversify were mine it would be Cigar Mile or Clark.
107 is a fine number but to win this years classic your looking at 115ish, not sure with a easy lead how much better Diversify can run.

I suppose in a complete meltdown Keen Ice is not impossible.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:05 PM
Oriental Park

Seems like half the times coming out of Trakus at Santa Anita have had issues.

Not sure any of the figures this weekend at SA can be used for handicapping.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
107 is a fine number but to win this years classic your looking at 115ish, not sure with a easy lead how much better Diversify can run.

I suppose in a complete meltdown Keen Ice is not impossible.
I prefer Good Samaritan just like I did Saturday. I think he is OK. And could win some more big races if he gets, fast, contested paces.
Old 10-08-2017, 11:05 PM
Santa Anita

Trakus screwed up the Santa Anita Sprint Ch, is listed about 0.50 seconds too fast at every call.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:21 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmorioles View Post
Trakus screwed up the Santa Anita Sprint Ch, is listed about 0.50 seconds too fast at every call.
I have no idea how you would be able to make any varients and figures this last three days given all the issues, best of luck on that. I have in my notes to not use the figures this past weekend.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I have no idea how you would be able to make any varients and figures this last three days given all the issues, best of luck on that. I have in my notes to not use the figures this past weekend.
So you dont buy that 110 for Roy H?
Visually id say no way.
Old 10-10-2017, 06:35 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
So you dont buy that 110 for Roy H?
Visually id say no way.
If the times are wrong for some of the races the figs are being made off bad data, how cant they be askew?

I have a real question I simply have never heard a reasonable answer for perhaps someone knows. Why dont they time races from the moment the gates open what is the fascination with run up?
Old 10-11-2017, 10:24 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Looks like the Beyer has been adjusted after Equibase changed the race time this morning.

after SA declares how they adjusted races 1 and 7 and fixed the timing problem immediately after the races, calling Craig and those that are questioning the times this weekend out in published statement on Twitter, then being told they still have it wrong, they have updated them again.

You cant make this stuff up.

Trakus has had issues all over the Country as Timeform has discovered over and over again (I assume the people at Beyer as well)...and as players Santa Anita, among others, has told us that there is nothing to see here, moving along.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:33 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Looks like the Beyer has been adjusted after Equibase changed the race time this morning.

after SA declares how they adjusted races 1 and 7 and fixed the timing problem immediately after the races, calling Craig and those that are questioning the times this weekend out in published statement on Twitter, then being told they still have it wrong, they have updated them again.

You cant make this stuff up.

Trakus has had issues all over the Country as Timeform has discovered over and over again (I assume the people at Beyer as well)...and as players Santa Anita, among others, has told us that there is nothing to see here, moving along.
The grandiose press release was full of pats on the back and assurances that this stuff is tight as a drum.

It's hard to time races because nobody wants to time them from when the gates open till they cross the wire. I just dont get it I never will. What could it be track records?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
The grandiose press release was full of pats on the back and assurances that this stuff is tight as a drum.

It's hard to time races because nobody wants to time them from when the gates open till they cross the wire. I just dont get it I never will. What could it be track records?
In this industry, of which I was in for a time, there definitely a bit of a "this is the way its always been done" mentality.

If you try to challenge the accepted thought, in some cases, you will get a backlash.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:33 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
In this industry, of which I was in for a time, there definitely a bit of a "this is the way its always been done" mentality.

If you try to challenge the accepted thought, in some cases, you will get a backlash.
I will never give up with bad timing. I probably talk too much on other subjects and should put a sock in it at times, but never this one. Bettors deserve to have races timed accurately and to know the exact distance of the race. That shouldn't be too much to ask. I'm tired of tracks circling the wagons, like that silly press release, and pretending I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I say publicly a race was mistimed, you can be damn sure I've done my homework before saying it. The biggest problem the timing companies have now (and this isn't just Trakus) is that they don't know when they had a problem in many cases. They don't have the expertise to know that 1:08.68 for the Santa Anita Sprint Championship was worth investigating on that slow track.

http://www.drf.com/news/beyer-santa-...stakes-revised

The comments from the Trakus representative are downright laughable.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I will never give up with bad timing. I probably talk too much on other subjects and should put a sock in it at times, but never this one. Bettors deserve to have races timed accurately and to know the exact distance of the race. That shouldn't be too much to ask. I'm tired of tracks circling the wagons, like that silly press release, and pretending I don't know what I'm talking about.

If I say publicly a race was mistimed, you can be damn sure I've done my homework before saying it. The biggest problem the timing companies have now (and this isn't just Trakus) is that they don't know when they had a problem in many cases. They don't have the expertise to know that 1:08.68 for the Santa Anita Sprint Championship was worth investigating on that slow track.

funny, I just pinged you on Twitter over that statement. If you would rather explain it here I understand.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
funny, I just pinged you on Twitter over that statement. If you would rather explain it here I understand.
What's to explain? Clearly the representative was spinning things. .3 seconds for a difference in a 13 foot difference in run-up is pretty big, and to say it isn't is farcical.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:

What is a little scary is you alerted them that Saturday there was a problem, which they acknowledged by fixing races 1 and 7, but had no clue that race 6 had an issue as well.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
What's to explain? Clearly the representative was spinning things. .3 seconds for a difference in a 13 foot difference in run-up is pretty big, and to say it isn't is farcical.
It was tying the timing of the race to the run up and the time difference that I was completely confused by, those dynamics are well above my understanding of the timing of races.