Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008, 10:35 PM
The Curragh

Default advice on airfair

I'm looking to head out to vegas on April 10, wondering if anyone has any tips on how to find some low airfair. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
I'm looking to head out to vegas on April 10, wondering if anyone has any tips on how to find some low airfair. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
If you don't care what airline, just use one of the Expedia, Travelocity type sites. They all pull from the same inventory and are within a few $$s of each other. Just be sure of your dates and travel times, because the tix will be non-refundable and if you have to change you'll pay at least $100 plus any fare difference. And it's almost always better to book earlier if you can. Airlines have a set number of tickets at lower costs, another group at a higher cost, another group still higher, etc. Once the lowest are sold out, you move to the next level, etc. if that makes sense.

I looked quick and found fares are about $325 RT from Detroit leaving on 4/10 and returning 4/13 ( Sunday). If you could come back Monday, that would be a little less probably because everyone comes back Sundays. That's not too bad, but check Southwest too which is usually the cheapest and they aren't on those sites..Go to their website.

OK..I'm done
Old 03-03-2008, 05:25 AM
Arlington Park

if you don't have hotel reservations, try a package deal through USAir. thats always been the best for us. also check a package deal through Northwest since detroit is their main hub.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:10 AM
5'8".. but all man!

this site searches all in one

www.sidestep.com
Old 03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Hollywood Park

also try http://www.kayak.com

they search other search engines and airlines, you can specify which airlines to exclude.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
The Curragh

Thumbs down

thanks for all the help, I will check those sites out. Kind of a last minute thing, my friend turns 21 on the 10th and his parents got him reservations at the Bellagio and he just asked me to go. All I need to pay for is my plane tickets, food, and have gambling money. I guess I can't really turn it down.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
thanks for all the help, I will check those sites out. Kind of a last minute thing, my friend turns 21 on the 10th and his parents got him reservations at the Bellagio and he just asked me to go. All I need to pay for is my plane tickets, food, and have gambling money. .

Your Friend is turning 21 in Las Vegas ??? You better add one more thing to...Plane tickets, food, gambling money.., BAIL $$$$ to help your friend out !!!
Gotta Love Horse Racing !!
Old 03-03-2008, 05:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Dollar Bill
Your Friend is turning 21 in Las Vegas ??? You better add one more thing to...Plane tickets, food, gambling money.., BAIL $$$$ to help your friend out !!!
You will only need bail money if you are dumb enough to urinate in a public place. That is the one law they enforce each and every time. Don't worry about getting arrested unless you are Pacman Jones type stupid.