Longchamps

Gun runner is a monster!
Old 09-02-2017, 06:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Gun Runner has gotten very good.
Arrogate >GR
Old 09-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Cahokia Downs

I think I shall retire from playing the turf races on the NYRA circuit...
Old 09-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
I think I shall retire from playing the turf races on the NYRA circuit...
yea, the riding there makes it impossible to handicap in my opinion.

I am hitting at 35% on dirt, 6% on turf this meet.

c ya..need more dirt races and they have few there.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:53 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickslions2 View Post
Gun runner is a monster!
Man,he sure is good right about now.
Classic chalk.......I think.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Ellis Park

That's a quad for Voodoo Song this meet,starting with a claimer........finishing it off with a Grade 3.
Outstanding.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:35 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Rabbit not allowed entry to Woodward:

http://www.drf.com/news/paoluccis-ra...oodward-stakes

What do you guys think? I can see both sides.
It seems to me this merited more discussion. Can anyone remember something similar happening before? That is, has a clear rabbit ever been refused entry?

I can see both sides, too, but I'm wary of situations where the power to act is completely discretionary.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:14 AM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 pnt move up View Post
yea, the riding there makes it impossible to handicap in my opinion.

I am hitting at 35% on dirt, 6% on turf this meet.

c ya..need more dirt races and they have few there.
I had an okay little Pick 4 going singled to War Flag, using her because I expected her to be on or near the early lead. Well, I missed the start of the race and when I turned it on I couldn't believe to see her last. Figure damn she missed the break. But the chart makes no mention of that. So I guess they took her back to last on an opening half on 51... Oh well, guess that's a handicapping blunder on my part.

FWIW, thought she was best in the race. Coming from that far back into those fractions when the 1,2,4 place finishers all were close up hroughiut.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:29 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by LITF View Post
I had an okay little Pick 4 going singled to War Flag, using her because I expected her to be on or near the early lead. Well, I missed the start of the race and when I turned it on I couldn't believe to see her last. Figure damn she missed the break. But the chart makes no mention of that. So I guess they took her back to last on an opening half on 51... Oh well, guess that's a handicapping blunder on my part.

FWIW, thought she was best in the race. Coming from that far back into those fractions when the 1,2,4 place finishers all were close up hroughiut.
I get ya, Bricks and Mortar was forced into a close up stalker who had to make a turn move and still finished great all because the way those races are being run on maybe the most biased turf course I have ever seen, anywhere. Its been inside speed the 2 weeks that would make keeneland envious.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:31 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
It seems to me this merited more discussion. Can anyone remember something similar happening before? That is, has a clear rabbit ever been refused entry?

I can see both sides, too, but I'm wary of situations where the power to act is completely discretionary.
pretty lengthy discussions in a few other places...it doesnt seem right if the stewards are going to let some people run rabbits and some others not....if that was maybe a more established, and less outspoken name owner, that the horse would have been allowed to enter.

it certainly would not have changed anything.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:28 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
pretty lengthy discussions in a few other places...it doesnt seem right if the stewards are going to let some people run rabbits and some others not....if that was maybe a more established, and less outspoken name owner, that the horse would have been allowed to enter.

it certainly would not have changed anything.
Yeah I wonder if Juddemonte would have been denied. I tend to think not but NYRA has set a precedent now and they should be held to this standard in future. Beyer was on with Andy and was none to happy with the decision. I give if credit for saying the right thing
Old 09-03-2017, 01:51 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Yeah I wonder if Juddemonte would have been denied. I tend to think not but NYRA has set a precedent now and they should be held to this standard in future. Beyer was on with Andy and was none to happy with the decision. I give if credit for saying the right thing
I think the issue is that they wanted to use an 8000 claimer who hadn't run past 5.5f in his last 10 starts as the rabbit. Why not use the same rabbit as last time?
Old 09-03-2017, 01:56 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitan View Post
I think the issue is that they wanted to use an 8000 claimer who hadn't run past 5.5f in his last 10 starts as the rabbit. Why not use the same rabbit as last time?
the last one was not fast enough to do his job.

I think using one that looks like it even has less chance to win makes more sense.

I have no idea why they could not have been coupled and allowed to run like we have done for the last 150 years.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:29 PM
Oriental Park

Been waiting all meet to bet Givemeaminit back..only thing that makes it tough is most of these have ridden gold rails to wins so I dont actually have a feel for how good anyone is, but I know this horse ran a great mdn and at 8/1 really figures here.
Old 09-03-2017, 10:20 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Been waiting all meet to bet Givemeaminit back..only thing that makes it tough is most of these have ridden gold rails to wins so I dont actually have a feel for how good anyone is, but I know this horse ran a great mdn and at 8/1 really figures here.
The hoss who bombed him is in there. He lugged in about 7 paths because there was room to do so, but if there were other hosses there the jock would have been steadying and holding on for dear life. Doubt he gets that clear run here.
I think the Mcpeek guy comin it of that game win going 7/8 is gonna drown that field. With any luck Serling won't pick either if our guys and we'll at least have a fighting chance.

Last edited by NTamm1215 : 09-04-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:21 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
the last one was not fast enough to do his job.

I think using one that looks like it even has less chance to win makes more sense.

I have no idea why they could not have been coupled and allowed to run like we have done for the last 150 years.
Look at the horses that are used as rabbits overseas (e.g. Coolmore, Godolphin, etc.). They are normally half-decent horses, not sprinters plucked from the bottom class.