Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-22-2019, 09:52 AM
Hawthorne

Default Best Mobile Wagering App?

I’m looking for a new Wagering App since Twinspires changed. The old app was easy to navigate through all the PP’s,workouts, ect,ect. Just looking for opinions.
Thank you
Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 PM
Sam Houston

The new mobile site is brutal. I am also looking for a new ADW with a fast tablet and phone option. I love free pps from twinspires and that is what keeps me with them, but this new mobile is horrendous. It is SLOW. Can't navigate to place wagers fast or check upcoming races from all tracks, results, etc. No repeat bet option. Sensitive- constantly removes runner i select. Who had this brilliant idea? Not a horseplayer. Be prepared to be shut out often and not get any last minute bets in. No late handicapping. It takes twenty minutes to play a pick four. I hope more people get the word out about this fiasco.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:36 PM
Sam Houston

My options are Xpressbet, Nyrabets, Tvg, Drfbets.
Old 03-23-2019, 04:39 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minidar View Post
My options are Xpressbet, Nyrabets, Tvg, Drfbets.
Let me offer you something very important to the *horse racing* industry : Xpressbet, TVG, and DRFBets are all "middle men" taking a portion of the rake as their profit. While this will not be popular to say, these platforms do not need to exist.

However, NYRABets directly feeds the NYRA pools which is the best benefit to New York racing in general.

Now, if you live in a state where NYRABets is still not permitted, I can understand looking at other platforms, but as a bettor, I want to think primarily about my platform provider being directly linked to the racing operation. Also, if you want to play specific tracks not covered on NYRABets (for example, if you like playing the Meadowlands for harness racing), you would need a second provider.

As for initial matches on deposits, whether it be $100, $200, or whatever, that money will be long forgottem a year from now - so I am not sure that U would decide solely based on that come-aboard rate.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:24 AM
Pimlico

Try Keeneland Select..............like the old twinspires...................
Old 03-25-2019, 10:01 AM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojr130 View Post
I’m looking for a new Wagering App since Twinspires changed. The old app was easy to navigate through all the PP’s,workouts, ect,ect. Just looking for opinions.
Thank you
I realize that no one likes change, especially to a GUI. But for me, once I got used to the new Twin Spires app, I found it very easy to navigate and use.

If you click on the horse's name from the entries you will find all the features you mentioned - all more.
Old 03-26-2019, 02:45 PM
Sam Houston

The phone is faster than tablet. Tablet is still slow and key touch sensitive. And no repeat bet options.
Old 03-26-2019, 03:27 PM
Havre de Grace

I have a question. When I go on xpressbet it’s easy to see the closing odds and will pays for every race at the end of the day. When I try to do the same on NYRA bets I can’t. Is there a way to do that on Nyra bets ? Also I can see replays of all my hoss’ races. On a NYRA Bets I can only see the previous 3 . Is there a way to see more than 3 ? Also is there a way where you can punch in the name of a hoss and watch said hoss’ replays prior to race day ? Thanks
Old 03-29-2019, 06:10 PM
Sam Houston

Can't cancel wagers.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 AM
Sam Houston

I joined a new adw and I could confirm twinspires new mobile is slow and very key touch sensitive on the tablet. The phone is ok. My new adw is fast on phone and tablet.
Old 03-31-2019, 05:28 PM
Calder Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minidar View Post
Can't cancel wagers.
Fake info

Old 04-02-2019, 01:16 PM
Hawthorne

Ellen called from TS. Told me to download app from store. Now I’m back to normal but PP’s only go back one year and freezes up constantly.
Thank you everyone.
Good luck
Old 04-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Randwyck

Tvg has the best promos but they have awful customer service..twinspires isn't the best for customer service either.

Can anyone answer this..if I'm in pa I have to use pa bets instead of tvg but if I go to keeneland physically what am I allowed to use? Anytime I travel tvg/pa bets seems to short circuit and I have to use a different adw
Old 04-07-2019, 10:07 AM
Yearling

Anyone else experience video delay yesterday on Twinspires?
Sound would be 5-6 seconds ahead of the video & I found myself asking what the race caller was smoking until I realized. And it was on both laptop & mobil as I tried both platforms to possibly overcome it.

It is getting a little better as I use it more and figure out a process, but still partial to the previous version. Scrolling up and down for probables/pool totals/will pays is a little easier. And not changing screens for "my bets" are positives. I need to figure out how to duplicate the copy bet feature which I utilized alot. Need to do that now.

NYRA Bets definitely tops for video. Xpressbet is decent. IMO. Only other services I have used.
Old 04-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
I have a question. When I go on xpressbet it’s easy to see the closing odds and will pays for every race at the end of the day. When I try to do the same on NYRA bets I can’t. Is there a way to do that on Nyra bets ? Also I can see replays of all my hoss’ races. On a NYRA Bets I can only see the previous 3 . Is there a way to see more than 3 ? Also is there a way where you can punch in the name of a hoss and watch said hoss’ replays prior to race day ? Thanks
yes...if you want to pay "EQUIBASE"
TWINSPIRES/TV if you know the track and date, which you get from Equibase free (track/date that is