Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-22-2020, 07:52 PM
Washington Park

Default Fonner

Was horrified today to see Chris Korulak's comments that Fonner only get 3% of ADW bets. That is split between the Horseman's group and the track, so 1.5% each. From that 1.5% they have to produce the product.

Who makes the money ? TVG, Xpressbet and NYRABets. They are making big money on the backs of a small track who is making them tons of bucks.

There is no ADW wagering in Nebraska and they have a Keno outlet where they take about $25,000 in bets a day. He said they usually have 5,000 to 6,500 on-track on Saturday, where they get 100% of the handle.

So don't think Fonner is doing great. The ADW's are doing great. Could they give a bit back ? I hear crickets.
Old 04-23-2020, 09:22 AM
Keeneland

Why would Fonner agree to these terms? That’s a rhetorical question but think about it.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:55 PM
Narragansett Park

While we are thinking about that thin slice going Fonner's way, I am more concerned about Grand Island, Nebraska.

This little place in the middle of nowhere that noone had ever thought about before six weeks ago is now the town that is Nebraska's COVID-19 hotspot.

The meat processing plant where the major outbreak originated is less than two miles away from the track and hundreds in the area have been infected.

https://www.3newsnow.com/news/corona...askas-hot-spot
Old 04-30-2020, 12:36 PM
Washington Park

I think Fonner agreed to those terms because it was take it or leave it. Not sure, before now, they got any ADW action. Nebraska doesn't allow ADW betting, and many in the US never knew Fonner existed before this lockdown.

I think they got a slightly better ADW deal for the meet extension.

Not sure what is going on in these meat plants. Seems like an inordinate amount of cases.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:41 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnunan4759 View Post
I think Fonner agreed to those terms because it was take it or leave it. Not sure, before now, they got any ADW action. Nebraska doesn't allow ADW betting, and many in the US never knew Fonner existed before this lockdown.

I think they got a slightly better ADW deal for the meet extension.

Not sure what is going on in these meat plants. Seems like an inordinate amount of cases.
Fonner has been available on ADW platforms for years, it was just overshadowed by all the other tracks that were running like Santa Anita, Oaklawn, Keeneland Aqueduct etc. On Saturday, their big day of the week pre-Covid19, the average all-sources win pool was about $10k per race. On Friday and Sunday it was only about $6-7k. Now its between 70-100k. So the ADW handle was so small it was basically insignificant so it didn't really matter what percentage they got, it was all gravy. Now that its basically all they have and the handle is so much higher I hope they got a better deal.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:15 AM
Washington Park

100% agree Ranger. They did a great job this year.
Old 05-01-2020, 01:08 PM
Washington Park

Did a little looking into meat plants. Not a nice picture.