Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2006, 05:37 PM
seconditis

Default Floyd - Pretty Boy Mayweather

I've grown up in Grand Rapids my whole life. I got to watch Floyd fight in the Golden Gloves since he was 12 years old all the way up until he turned pro. He even came back and fought in the golden gloves after the olympic trials

He is not looking to fight De La Hoya. I hope he can land this fight. Even if he loses he would finally have that big pay day he deserves. This is a guy that has moved up weight classes 4 or 5 times to fight the best out there. He gives anybody a chance to fight him, he'll even give them a re-match if they want. Yet, he has never had the huge payday because God made him weight too little.

He's also never, ever lost a pro fight.
Old 06-12-2006, 05:49 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by seconditis
I've grown up in Grand Rapids my whole life. I got to watch Floyd fight in the Golden Gloves since he was 12 years old all the way up until he turned pro. He even came back and fought in the golden gloves after the olympic trials

He is not looking to fight De La Hoya. I hope he can land this fight. Even if he loses he would finally have that big pay day he deserves. This is a guy that has moved up weight classes 4 or 5 times to fight the best out there. He gives anybody a chance to fight him, he'll even give them a re-match if they want. Yet, he has never had the huge payday because God made him weight too little.

He's also never, ever lost a pro fight.
Its his style that does not give him a payday. The guy is almost impossible to hit, no war, no money. I personally love the way he boxes. He is one of the best at slipping punches that I have ever seen. He just does not get into wars. People want wars. I think he can beat De La Hoya. But he would not knock him out. And I dont think De La Hoya could catch him.
I am not a PPV guy. But the times I watched Floyd on HBO, etc... he is a master in the ring. But not a warrior. People want blood, not pretty movement.