Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 05:28 PM
The Curragh

Avs, Sharks and Rangers. The way it should go.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Flyers came out flatter than an A chest tonight!

Need a rht85 type reverse mush here in the 3rd.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Avs, Sharks and Rangers. The way it should go.
I know you owned the Blackhawks, but it's the Playoffs...Assuming you take care of business, want to play $100 on series..Check to Byk for Rescue group?

DELETE

Last edited by GBBob : 05-01-2014 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

c'mon minn.
glad the rangers won (which is something i never envisioned saying!) because i detest philly.

don't care if it's la or san jose.
Old 04-30-2014, 11:31 PM
Hialeah Park

Can't expect to climb out of holes every f'n game., as valiant an effort as it was.

Best of luck to the Rangers fans here on the board.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-30-2014, 11:45 PM
The Curragh

san jose

ha

-bt-
Old 05-01-2014, 07:35 AM
Flemington

I gotta admit, I never thought that the Flyers would give the Rangers such a hard time. I honestly didn't think they were that good. Truthfully, Mason (who I didn't even think was that good before the series began) single handily kept them in every game. Without him, that game would have been a laugher after one period last night and he gave them a chance. I wonder what would have happened if he was healthy for the entire series. My view on him definitely did a 180.

Speaking of goalies, Jonathan Quick was ridiculous last night too. Had to think that once SJ started with the musical goalies in game 6 it was the beginning of the end for them. Did Joe Thronton even play last night? He was absolutely invisible. I was glad to see them go. I think LA is a very easy team to root for, I'd like to see them beat the Ducks.

I don't even know where to begin with the Wild game. Colorado is the team usually putting up late goals on everyone got a taste of their own medicine last night when Minny scores to tied it up with less than 3 minutes to go. In OT, it was all Minny. The Av's are a good young team and will make some noise in years to come, but I have never been a big Patrick Roy fan, so I was happy to see them get bounced too last night. Also for all the talk about Valarmov I think he is very over rated.

It was a tremendous night of hockey. On to round 2.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:43 AM
Dee Tee Stables

pulling for montreal, but they have it tough. that's the series i'm most excited about this round.

again, reduced to pulling for the rangers....sigh. anyone but pittsburgh, please!

i think chi wins.
c'mon ducks!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:46 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
I know you owned the Blackhawks, but it's the Playoffs...Assuming you take care of business, want to play $100 on series..Check to Byk for Rescue group?

DELETE
I probably would have passed. Hawks looked really good v. St Louis. Tough loss last night. Hawks Rangers is my new cup wish list.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I gotta admit, I never thought that the Flyers would give the Rangers such a hard time. I honestly didn't think they were that good. Truthfully, Mason (who I didn't even think was that good before the series began) single handily kept them in every game. Without him, that game would have been a laugher after one period last night and he gave them a chance. I wonder what would have happened if he was healthy for the entire series. My view on him definitely did a 180.
Rangers' poor special teams (shocking) let the Flyers hang around. At 5-on-5 it was no contest for the majority of the series.

Penguins have more talent on paper than the Rangers, but that goalie could be the equalizer. If it were Fleury in net last night instead of Mason, the Rangers would've been up 5-0 after 2. I love our depth right now and I think playing a more finesse team in the Pens rather than Boston in the 2nd round will be huge, especially with the ridiculous schedule the NHL laid out for the series.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:10 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Let's go Blackhawks!! Beat up Wild.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltagulf View Post
Let's go Blackhawks!! Beat up Wild.
i think that's what will happen.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i think that's what will happen.
I think tonight is a huge trap game for the Hawks
Old 05-02-2014, 02:23 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just saw pk subban is getting some of the same racist garbage that the caps' joel ward got a few years back. that's too bad.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
just saw pk subban is getting some of the same racist garbage that the caps' joel ward got a few years back. that's too bad.
I wonder if any of those idiots in Boston that are heckling him realize that the Bruins drafted his brother.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:49 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Rangers' poor special teams (shocking) let the Flyers hang around. At 5-on-5 it was no contest for the majority of the series.

Penguins have more talent on paper than the Rangers, but that goalie could be the equalizer. If it were Fleury in net last night instead of Mason, the Rangers would've been up 5-0 after 2. I love our depth right now and I think playing a more finesse team in the Pens rather than Boston in the 2nd round will be huge, especially with the ridiculous schedule the NHL laid out for the series.
The scheduling in this series is ridiculous. The Rangers will be playing their sixth game in 9 or 10 days including a second set on back to back nights. Huge disadvantage tonight, Henry will have to steal one.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:57 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
The scheduling in this series is ridiculous. The Rangers will be playing their sixth game in 9 or 10 days including a second set on back to back nights. Huge disadvantage tonight, Henry will have to steal one.
He stole one last night. Should have been 8-0.

Big trouble tonight if they don't add some fresh legs, and if best players don't show up again....
Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 PM

Rangers badly need some offense from their D. 2 goals in 9 games isn't gonna cut it. McDonagh hasn't looked quite the same since the shoulder injury unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Rangers badly need some offense from their D. 2 goals in 9 games isn't gonna cut it. McDonagh hasn't looked quite the same since the shoulder injury unfortunately.
He has to be still banged up. What they need is their top line to compete and produce. Defensively they aren't a big scoring group as it is, now they are going against a very explosive team. So I expect them not to be as aggressive.

Last night they looked tired and slow. Besides if the PP contributes anything they probably steal that game 2-1 last night. It was a flat performance against a team that played a solid 60 minute game in what was a must win situation for them.

There isn't one person that wouldn't have signed up for a split of the first two in Pittsburgh if given the opportunity before the series. So that's where they are. Hopefully they come out much more energetic tonight, play physical and throw some more rubber at Fleury.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
He has to be still banged up. What they need is their top line to compete and produce. Defensively they aren't a big scoring group as it is, now they are going against a very explosive team. So I expect them not to be as aggressive.

Last night they looked tired and slow. Besides if the PP contributes anything they probably steal that game 2-1 last night. It was a flat performance against a team that played a solid 60 minute game in what was a must win situation for them.

There isn't one person that wouldn't have signed up for a split of the first two in Pittsburgh if given the opportunity before the series. So that's where they are. Hopefully they come out much more energetic tonight, play physical and throw some more rubber at Fleury.
I agree, last night was house money. Not stressing about the loss at all. But they're not beating the Penguins and all their weapons without getting a lot more from McDonagh on both ends.