Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not a fan of the new NHL point system...but I can see why they did it with shootouts making the games more fun.

In the old days, the Blackhawks record would be 18-0-6.

That's 24 games without a loss. I guess you can't say that now, because they've been defeated 3 times in shootouts.
Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 AM
Hialeah Park

For puck-heads..pretty funny Toews interview about Kane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WCMaOKr7bPs
Old 03-08-2013, 09:31 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
For puck-heads..pretty funny Toews interview about Kane

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=WCMaOKr7bPs
Thanks for posting that Bob. That whole team seems like a real fun bunch to hang around with, they are very easy to root for (maybe with excption of Emery, he seems like an a.sshole).
Old 03-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

It looks like the Blackhawks have bounced.

They're down 4-0 to lowly Edmonton at the end of the 1st period.

Probably a big emotional letdown after finally losing their first game on the start of a extended road trip.

Either that, or as they say at the craps table "the dice are no longer red hot"
Old 03-10-2013, 08:32 PM
Dee Tee Stables

and now 6-5...crazy.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:01 AM
Flemington

THis is an NBA thread. No one cares about HOCKEY. No one. Not even ESPN anymore.
21 in a row. If they can manage to win there next 8 they will go for 30 at San Antonio on March 31st. I think the streak ends soon.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
THis is an NBA thread. No one cares about HOCKEY. No one. Not even ESPN anymore.
21 in a row. If they can manage to win there next 8 they will go for 30 at San Antonio on March 31st. I think the streak ends soon.
lighten up francis.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:24 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
That's because it's on NBC ass.hole

Just because you're too stupid to understand a sophisticated sport don't rip on those who do. And you and your NBA thread can go f.ck themselves. You're lucky you can still post here let alone start your "own" thread you miserable, lying, bet mooching cheapskate.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:30 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

Just because you're too stupid to understand a sophisticated sport don't rip on those who do. And you and your NBA thread can go f.ck themselves. You're lucky you can still post here let alone start your "own" thread you miserable, lying, bet mooching cheapskate.
FLAWLESS VICTORY!

I can just feel it now, my big double to Ju Ju Eyeballs is surely going to hit!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

Old 03-16-2013, 07:36 PM
Flemington

Other than Chuck Simon, does anyone over 30 even watch the NBA anymore?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:42 AM
Havre de Grace

Isn't Little andy is another one of those NBA watching dinosaurs ?
No comparison between the excitement of March Madness and the National Boringbasketball Association. this will be the best tourney ever as there are 20 teams who could win it.

side note. The Heat's streak ends in Boston Monday night. Bet on it.
Old 03-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm over 30 and still watch the NBA.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Other than Chuck Simon, does anyone over 30 even watch the NBA anymore?
Somebody must be watching considering how much love ESPN gives it. They dont follow any empty wagons...

And anyone who understands or appreciates basketball has a hard time stomaching what passes for NCAA basketball in 2013. I don't watch very often but felt compelled in this final year of the real Big East to watch some games this week and even went to the early session on Wed at the Garden and I have to say that college basketball is pretty brutal. No one can shoot, the big guys have no skills, the refs are horrible and there are so many Division 1 teams that some of the games are like glorified high school games.

But hey if you like bands, bricks and storming the court because you are getting to play another shitty team in Dayton on Tuesday night then NCAA basketball is for you
Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Flemington

NBA is great right now. Hockey is a dead sport. Ppl can come here blast me, make it personal. I'm still right. The NBA has about a 10yr window where it can be really amazing. Hockeys just dead.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:15 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Somebody must be watching considering how much love ESPN gives it. They dont follow any empty wagons...

And anyone who understands or appreciates basketball has a hard time stomaching what passes for NCAA basketball in 2013. I don't watch very often but felt compelled in this final year of the real Big East to watch some games this week and even went to the early session on Wed at the Garden and I have to say that college basketball is pretty brutal. No one can shoot, the big guys have no skills, the refs are horrible and there are so many Division 1 teams that some of the games are like glorified high school games.

But hey if you like bands, bricks and storming the court because you are getting to play another shitty team in Dayton on Tuesday night then NCAA basketball is for you
I think that if you get away from the so called power teams and watch some of the mid major teams play, it's still ok to watch. Those teams aren't decimated by guys leaving early to the NBA and they aren't full of freshman and sophomores auditioning for the NBA. Most of those teams are putting it all out there cause this might be their one moment in the spotlight and a loss might end their season. Trying to watch the top teams is brutal.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 03-17-2013, 02:54 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
I think that if you get away from the so called power teams and watch some of the mid major teams play, it's still ok to watch. Those teams aren't decimated by guys leaving early to the NBA and they aren't full of freshman and sophomores auditioning for the NBA. Most of those teams are putting it all out there cause this might be their one moment in the spotlight and a loss might end their season. Trying to watch the top teams is brutal.
I watched some mid major conf championship games and it is the same. No one can shoot, defenders are allowed to maul guys or called for touch fouls, and it basically just isnt very good basketball. What is really appalling is the atrocious foul shooting. FL today was 8-18 from the line. G'Town the other night was something like 5-13. With a 3 point shot we shouldnt have games in the 40's and low 50's.
There really aren't that many 1 and done guys. I think last year there were 8 Freshman who were drafted including Tony Wroten and Marquis Teague who got terrible advise and probably would be lottery picks in the pretty awful upcoming 2013 draft.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Sha Tin

Admittedly I didn't watch Austin Rivers much during his 1 year at Duke but have watched a few Hornets games and can't believe how bad he is. So I looked up his numbers at Duke last year and what in the world made anyone think that this guy can play outside of his famous sire? As a shooting guard he shot 36% on 3 pointers in college and 65% from the line. He is shooting 32% (3's) and 55% (ft) and 37% overall this season. He is not a good rebounder, playmaker or defender. I'm sure virtually no one over 30 cares but I suppose any negativity that can be brought up about a Dukie has to interest someone.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
NBA is great right now. Hockey is a dead sport. Ppl can come here blast me, make it personal. I'm still right. The NBA has about a 10yr window where it can be really amazing. Hockeys just dead.
dead?

http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2013/1/2...13-opening-day

NHL TV ratings 2013: NBC scores best hockey ratings since 2002, local numbers huge
Old 03-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Admittedly I didn't watch Austin Rivers much during his 1 year at Duke but have watched a few Hornets games and can't believe how bad he is. So I looked up his numbers at Duke last year and what in the world made anyone think that this guy can play outside of his famous sire? As a shooting guard he shot 36% on 3 pointers in college and 65% from the line. He is shooting 32% (3's) and 55% (ft) and 37% overall this season. He is not a good rebounder, playmaker or defender. I'm sure virtually no one over 30 cares but I suppose any negativity that can be brought up about a Dukie has to interest someone.
Who comes out of the West???