Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Arlington Park

it's not snowy woods but i thought it worked as low humor.

you should stick around. you offend the right people.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:44 PM
pointmanscousin

Thank you so much ,Hi.

I knew you would understand.I have a surly image with which I must keep.

Your clip would have been great had it had a tweetie from Stevie ( twin spires in back ground ) saying...."Hey dudes!! How goes it!?"
Old 10-10-2012, 02:38 PM
pointmanscousin

Hey Alabama Mistakes....you got rid of your latest.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Dee Tee Stables

just heard them say that sanchez has the lowest qb rating since jamarcus russell in '09.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Keeneland

I'm still not defending Sanchez, but Trent Dilfer made some very interesting points about the way Sanchez has been brought along.

With a different coach and coordinators would he be the same QB he is now? Probably not. That isn't to say Sanchez doesn't have his issues, among them poor decisions and an average arm.

But he has no shot on this team and maybe he hasn't had a fair shake all along. Even the two INT's from the other night weren't his fault. Just bad luck, but they have a habit of that. Even the pass Tebow threw should have been caught, but wasn't.

At least they were competitive though.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think sanchez is taking far too much of the blame. that team they have around him is not helping him at all. he can't do it all himself, that's for sure. i think with a different coach, some changes, he'd be able to do better. they needed people at various positions, and their big offseason move was to get tebow. for what?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
they needed people at various positions, and their big offseason move was to get tebow. for what?
Attention?

The funny thing is I actually think they could really use Tebow effectively. They need to get some kind of a ground attack going and he can provide it.

But Sparano can't get the plays to Sanchez quick enough and he'd rather act like a lunatic on the sidelines then utilize the "weapon" they got in the offseason.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Attention?

The funny thing is I actually think they could really use Tebow effectively. They need to get some kind of a ground attack going and he can provide it.

But Sparano can't get the plays to Sanchez quick enough and he'd rather act like a lunatic on the sidelines then utilize the "weapon" they got in the offseason.
that's what's really baffling. why would you trade for a player that you then can't figure out how to use? exactly what was the plan?
Old 10-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Flemington

Tebow and Sanchez should be on the field at the same time.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:31 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:59 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
I'm not sure this would help. If Tebow is the QB, then you're basically playing with 10 guys. They tried Tebow as the "H" back a handfull of times in game 2 against Pitt, I believe, and the only memorable thing that came out of it was Sanchez hitting Tebow in the head with the one pass he threw his way.

At this point, with all the injuries, they really have 2 choices:

Tank the rest of the season to get a high draft pick, or

Rex and his staff consider this the ultimate challenge, to take a bunch of rag tag guys (for the most part) and figure out creative ways to win and get the best out of them.

This team ain't winning a Super Bowl (not that they were if completely healthy), but they can certainly aren't precluded from sneaking into a playoff spot at 2-3?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

They need to run the ball between the tackles.

I hate Tebow, but he's the right option with the way the WR core is now. The Georgia Tech rookie is a big athletic freak with poor hands and he has never really played in anything that resembles an NFL style offense.

Let him run deep routes like Tebow's big Georgia Tech WR in Denver did. Georgia Tech is an option program like the military academies.

Let Sanchez be the change of pace guy. Give him about 12 plays a game (make sure at least half are handoffs to start with)

If you do this, it's probably a nail in the coffin for Sanchez. But they will run the ball better with Tebow. They should have more big passing plays with Tebow -- WR's will get deep 1-on-1 with no safety help. Even though he sucks throwing the ball -- guys like Georgia Tech and the Sire Cornerback will have many chances deep. The defense will benefit IF they can run it better.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Flemington

The coaching reference is a great start. To say that Rex is a defensive minded coach is putting it mildly. He also had to endore a young inexpierenced cooridinator in his first 3 years. The Jets didn't even carry a veteran backup in his rookie year, someone for Sanchez to lean on and learn from.

The thing that boggles my mind is that they went to the AFC title game in his first two seasons (does that not count for anything). At times he struggled, but I can also remember him playing very well and leading them to some late 4th quarter victories. More importantly he played well in the playoffs. But that brings us to last season, where he struggled at times. But there were mitagating circumstances. There was a shortened trainning camp due to the lock-out. They didn't resign what seemed to be his favorite target in Braylon Edwards. On the flip side, Santonio Holmes cashed in, which seemed to change his entire attitude. And most importantly, the offensive line was not good (which affected their ability to run the ball and open up the passing game as well). All this lead to an 8-8 record and just missing the playoffs by one game. The three games that come to mind that cost them the spot would be the Broncos, Giants and the finale at Miami. I remember Sanchez being bad in Miami (the Holmes mutiny game), but they probably thought that they were already dead going into that one. The other two fall at the defense's feet. They let Tebow march down the field late in Denver. And then they had the Giants in a headlock and backed up in their own zone in a game they were controlling, then procedded to give up a 99 yard TD.

So instead of giving Sanchez a pass for one so-so season and making the team around him better, what do the do? They bring in another (lesser) QB, a new offensive cooridinator and try to totally flip the script, with no major upgrades on the offensive unit. It just all seems a little unfair. To make matters worse, the defense is not as good as it was a couple of season ago and they need Sanchez and the offense to score even more points. Unfortunately for Jets fans they are only 2 years removed from back to back trips to the AFC title game, and somehow this team seems to be on the decline and now needs to be overhauled.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator

The Jets won those games playoff games on the road because of the defense and running game.

Sanchez and Tebow were both quarterbacks who played with wildly superior talent around them in college.

The Florida offense Tebow played on was one of the greatest in college football history. He had Percy Harvin (NFL rookie of the year) and Louis Murphy (Led the Raiders in receptions as a rookie) as his wideouts. The Pats excellent Tight End Aaron Hernandez was his TE. Cam Newton was his back-up QB. His offensive line was stacked.

Sanchez played on a loaded USC team that had great talent on both sides of the ball. They had 4 NFL starters at linebacker -- Clay Mathews, Cushing, and Ray Maliluga among them.

Auburn wasn't much before and after Cam Newton. Baylor was complete trash before RG3. Stanford was a pile of crap before Luck. Boston College wasn't much before and after Matt Ryan. Flacco played at Delaware. Aaron Rodgers excelled at Butte Community College and played very well after tranfering to Cal Berkley. Ben Rothlisraper played incredible at Miami of Ohio. Phillip Rivers at NC State. Brees at Purdue.

The QB's from the most powerful college programs like USC, Florida, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, now Alabama, LSU, and Oregon play team and after team who are way overmatched.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
The coaching reference is a great start. To say that Rex is a defensive minded coach is putting it mildly. He also had to endore a young inexpierenced cooridinator in his first 3 years. The Jets didn't even carry a veteran backup in his rookie year, someone for Sanchez to lean on and learn from.

The thing that boggles my mind is that they went to the AFC title game in his first two seasons (does that not count for anything). At times he struggled, but I can also remember him playing very well and leading them to some late 4th quarter victories. More importantly he played well in the playoffs. But that brings us to last season, where he struggled at times. But there were mitagating circumstances. There was a shortened trainning camp due to the lock-out. They didn't resign what seemed to be his favorite target in Braylon Edwards. On the flip side, Santonio Holmes cashed in, which seemed to change his entire attitude. And most importantly, the offensive line was not good (which affected their ability to run the ball and open up the passing game as well). All this lead to an 8-8 record and just missing the playoffs by one game. The three games that come to mind that cost them the spot would be the Broncos, Giants and the finale at Miami. I remember Sanchez being bad in Miami (the Holmes mutiny game), but they probably thought that they were already dead going into that one. The other two fall at the defense's feet. They let Tebow march down the field late in Denver. And then they had the Giants in a headlock and backed up in their own zone in a game they were controlling, then procedded to give up a 99 yard TD.

So instead of giving Sanchez a pass for one so-so season and making the team around him better, what do the do? They bring in another (lesser) QB, a new offensive cooridinator and try to totally flip the script, with no major upgrades on the offensive unit. It just all seems a little unfair. To make matters worse, the defense is not as good as it was a couple of season ago and they need Sanchez and the offense to score even more points. Unfortunately for Jets fans they are only 2 years removed from back to back trips to the AFC title game, and somehow this team seems to be on the decline and now needs to be overhauled.
Schotty had to go. I don't know how much better Sparano is, but he's no worse than that buffoon. Sanchez is not an incapable quarterback - people can credit the defense all they want for those playoff runs, but the dude has a 92 QB rating in the playoffs with 9 TD's and 3 INT. He played well and made big throws in every game, including the losses. The problem is the bad reads and sloppiness with the ball should be in the past by now, he's in his 4th year. But anyone who says he sucks and can't play doesn't watch the Jets.

It appears I'm in the minority of Jet fans, who always want to fire everybody after a loss, but I was extremely impressed with the game they played on Monday. They were severely undermanned against the best team in the NFL and stepped up again and again to make them play 60 minutes to win by 6 points. There were multiple times they could've laid down and died (after the easy opening drive and TD by Houston, after the INT return before halftime), but they made every big stop on defense and enough plays on offense to stay in the game. Sanchez's two INT's were unlucky and I don't think he made a single bad decision that game.

This team is missing a handful of pieces, but they're not devoid of talent. Having Stephen Hill and Dustin Keller back will help Sanchez tremendously, and I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season to see what they can make of this crappy situation. If it's like the 49ers game, they're in deep trouble, but if it's like the Texans game, they're going to challenge for a playoff spot, even with no Revis or Holmes.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Keeneland

Jets are probably going to end up losing this game...but they have outplayed the Pats without a doubt in my mind.

Pats are a bad football team.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Coach Pants

Sanchez needs this win.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Coach Pants

Forgot that Hightower is on the Pats. That's almost not fair. If he stays healthy at Bama he's a top 10 pick.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:38 PM
Keeneland

So the guy in front of the play sees no penalty, but the guy 25 yards away called it?
Old 10-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Keeneland

While I don't think it makes them better. Time to bench Sanchez. The Stephen Hill drop is huge late, and not Sanchez's fault. But too many mistakes that he should not be making anymore.

The INT when Hill was wide open in the 2nd is just him not reading the defense. The sack after the fumble late in the 4th, could have been huge. He HAS to throw the ball away there. And then just take the sack at the end. Come on.

They are beat up, and not very good. But I'm pretty sure they are the best team in the AFC East, which is kind of sad.

The Pats are garbage this year.