Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Coach Pants

Default Roll Tide Roll Tide Roll Tide Roll Tide Roll Tide

That's right. Didn't watch the game. Passed out at 5.

To all of the experts who picked USC, LSU, Oklahoma, etc...

Ha ha.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post

Ha ha.
We arent close at all. USC should have never been ranked in the top 5 to begin the season, mark my words, they WILL lose to a conference opponent before the year is over. Bama looked great, however I will say this: We all know Michigan and Ohio State aint all they are hyped up to be, and this is true every year.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:27 AM
Randwyck

Quote:

Ha ha.
I guess you had too much Bama in you, huh Mr Updyke?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
We arent close at all. USC should have never been ranked in the top 5 to begin the season, mark my words, they WILL lose to a conference opponent before the year is over. Bama looked great, however I will say this: We all know Michigan and Ohio State aint all they are hyped up to be, and this is true every year.
100% correct. ESPN has been on full throttle USC hype all summer. Voters are lemmings following ESPN right off the cliff.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:23 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

couldent even see the fsu game..espn 3..wtf..the bama fans down here are such tools.. they are up by 30 and screaming at the tv for a 10 yrd run...in your face..
Old 09-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
the talking heads were heaping praise on notre dame yesterday during their game. someone on there said that notre dame has the toughest schedule in the ncaa this year. yeah, they played perennial powerhouse navy yesterday, and next up is that monster purdue.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:49 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
the talking heads were heaping praise on notre dame yesterday during their game. someone on there said that notre dame has the toughest schedule in the ncaa this year. yeah, they played perennial powerhouse navy yesterday, and next up is that monster purdue.
Notre Dame, yesterday may have been their glory moment for the year. As for the Tigers, whats up with all the blown blitz pick ups? Zach did fine at first, but after the hit he was bailing out on EVERY throw. He should let Rivers play some if he can, and let him throw the ball. Zach is no proven commodity. Our rushing D still great, Beckham is the star of this team now.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:19 PM
Arlington Park

usc is thin in numbers. they only have 70 scholies guys. i don't care how talented they are, they get beat up abit, they're done!
i know the pac12 is TERRIBLE but sc can't score 30 by half every week and take out the starters.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:52 AM
Woodbine

Quote:

Ha ha.

Just be happy us real Tigers took care of Auburn, again.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

How has Clemson been getting so many top recruits in Football the last few years?

I would hope that they start playing like an elite team -- they've been recruiting like one for the last few years now.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:14 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
How has Clemson been getting so many top recruits in Football the last few years?

I would hope that they start playing like an elite team -- they've been recruiting like one for the last few years now.
clemson's head coach is known as a Great recruiter. Sweeney helped keep BAMA afloat through the sancations and with shula. he's learning to be a head coach on the job.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide View Post
clemson's head coach is known as a Great recruiter. Sweeney helped keep BAMA afloat through the sancations and with shula. he's learning to be a head coach on the job.
I'd say he is learning how to become a great "CEO/Manager." Making big hires in the coordinator departments after his first few years sticking with the wrong people in charge. The hires of Morris and now Venables show that he is learning to put people that can handle each side of the ball without him.

As far as the recruiting, you are right, he is one heck of a recruiter. Along with Jeff Scott (and Billy Naiper who went to Alabama and now at Colorado St) Clemson have been recruiting incredibly well since the Tommy Bowden / CJ Spiller days. Now that they are actually winning some ACC Division and Conference Championships, hopefully things get even brighter.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Woodbine

Quote:

There is "Something in These Hills."

Like Tide said, Dabo is a great recruiter, and has a great staff. That said, I will say, if you have never been to Clemson, it truly is a fantastic place. I think once Dabo gets a player and his family up to Clemson, he can sell the program and let that little down with its lake and hills sell itself as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Coach Pants

Dabo is lacking as a coach. It's not like Auburn is particularly good this season.

Lets just calm down a little. Hysteria is reserved for ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE ROLL TIDE
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

Ever been down there, place crawls with talent. Unlike almost any other school I visited.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
They play Oklahoma and USC both on the road, MSU on the road, Michigan at home. Pretty tough schedule if you ask me.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:20 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
They play Oklahoma and USC both on the road, MSU on the road, Michigan at home. Pretty tough schedule if you ask me.

toughest in the ncaa? i'm pretty sure that was what i was remarking on.
michigan just got hammered by alabama-they didn't look tough to me. as for usc, they already are being reconsidered. they come in pre-season at no 1 because they're usc. lame kiffin is amazingly overrated.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:42 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan View Post
I agree. Tough schedule for ND. 4 losses right there.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Ever been down there, place crawls with talent. Unlike almost any other school I visited.
go check out U of arizona
Old 09-06-2012, 06:32 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
toughest in the ncaa? i'm pretty sure that was what i was remarking on.
michigan just got hammered by alabama-they didn't look tough to me. as for usc, they already are being reconsidered. they come in pre-season at no 1 because they're usc. lame kiffin is amazingly overrated.
I know and I'm telling you top to bottom it is te overall toughest schedule in the nation purdue, msu, Michigan, Miami, Stanford, buy, Oklahoma, pitt, bc, Wake forest, USC.

Tell me a tougher overall schedule