Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Bryz sucks??

Let me know when you actually start watching them.

A dangerous style of play (coming from way back), but the Flyguys sure know how to do it better than any other team in the league.
Having seen "Breezy" play the last 2 years in Phoenix, he indeed sucks as a playoff goalie.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
flyers fans can't exactly be happy with their return on a 5.6M per player for the next 9 years after this season.
couple that with the fact that they started the season with one of the best defensive cores in the league, you can't say he hasn't been a dissapointment.

for fahk sakes he was losing his job to sergei bobrovsky a few months ago.

-bt-
A defensive corps that lost their captain and arguably best player in Pronger, yes.

Bryz is a streaky goalie, we all know that. I didn't hear a peep from his detractors during the two lengthy streaks he went on in which he looked phenomenal. Yes, he has a propensity to let in some softies, but let's not forget that the defense was doing him NO favors for most of his poor stretch.

I'm more confident in my goalie this year than I have been in the past 5 years combined. Kudos to Laviolette for sticking with him. It'll pay off, not having to play musical netminders.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-12-2012, 01:17 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiaco View Post
Having seen "Breezy" play the last 2 years in Phoenix, he indeed sucks as a playoff goalie.
Let's see what he does with an actual playoff team surrounding him.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-12-2012, 01:21 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I've watched him a lot this season and I feel like he gives up alot of softies. I understand what you are saying about their defensive style, but I haven't been impressed by him at all. He played well after the 1st period last night, they tightened up defensively and made the big saves when needed. The question is, can he do it on a consistent basis?
Let's hope so, for my mental health's case lol.

My friends all call me nuts for thinking this, but I want nothing more for the Flyers to have to face the Rangers. I want them, BADLY. (total opposite of how I feel about my Sixers and the Heat. Hoping someone else knocks them off, but I want EVERY BIT of the Rangers.)

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Let's hope so, for my mental health's case lol.

My friends all call me nuts for thinking this, but I want nothing more for the Flyers to have to face the Rangers. I want them, BADLY. (total opposite of how I feel about my Sixers and the Heat. Hoping someone else knocks them off, but I want EVERY BIT of the Rangers.)
so...i shouldn't be pulling for ottawa??
Old 04-12-2012, 01:49 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
A defensive corps that lost their captain and arguably best player in Pronger, yes.

Bryz is a streaky goalie, we all know that. I didn't hear a peep from his detractors during the two lengthy streaks he went on in which he looked phenomenal. Yes, he has a propensity to let in some softies, but let's not forget that the defense was doing him NO favors for most of his poor stretch.

I'm more confident in my goalie this year than I have been in the past 5 years combined. Kudos to Laviolette for sticking with him. It'll pay off, not having to play musical netminders.

I agree with all of this. Has been brilliant for the last 6 weeks, so lets hope this is the real Bryz. His past playoff experience was with Phoenix which was out-manned on a nightly basis, so we shall see.
As one of a handfull of outspoked Flyer fans living in Pburgh it will be a long off season if they lose this series. Go Flyers
Old 04-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Flemington

Attention Caps fans, Holtby starting in net for the injured Neuvirth and Vokoun.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Attention Caps fans, Holtby starting in net for the injured Neuvirth and Vokoun.
yeah, we know. marco sturm fell on neuvy's leg the other day, he's still dtd with a 'lower body injury'. danny sabourin has been called up to be back-up. braden has started in exactly 0 playoff games in the nhl. of course, with the bears, he's played in championships-but i'm not kidding myself that it's the same thing. that's my biggest concern right now. vokoun is done for the season after re-injuring his groin the last week or so in the regular season.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
yeah, we know. marco sturm fell on neuvy's leg the other day, he's still dtd with a 'lower body injury'. danny sabourin has been called up to be back-up. braden has started in exactly 0 playoff games in the nhl. of course, with the bears, he's played in championships-but i'm not kidding myself that it's the same thing. that's my biggest concern right now. vokoun is done for the season after re-injuring his groin the last week or so in the regular season.
Yeah but truthfully, they are the 7 seed and have nothing to lose anyway. They are not expected to win, even more so now with a rookie goalie. Obviously they have tightened up in the past being a high seed with high expectations. Maybe now they just go out and wing it, on their best day they are as good as everyone else.
Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

they lost pronger 8 games into the season.... and timmonen and mezjaros were only dinged up recently. the guy has been inconsitent all season. i would be shocked if flyer fans would be overly thrilled to have this guy on the hook for that kind of money for the next 9 years after what he's shown so far this season. Let's not also forget that they pretty much bankrolled their franchise to get him, ala trade carter and richards.
i'm sure you are confident about 'tending this season, you went from used datsuns to a late model honda civic this year... that would seem like a step up to almost anyone.

-bt-
Old 04-12-2012, 03:41 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Yeah but truthfully, they are the 7 seed and have nothing to lose anyway. They are not expected to win, even more so now with a rookie goalie. Obviously they have tightened up in the past being a high seed with high expectations. Maybe now they just go out and wing it, on their best day they are as good as everyone else.
i thought he was better than nuevy and varlomov last season, doesn't hurt to throw him to the wolves now. Like Matt said, they don't have anything to lose.
before they brought in vokum i had him penciled in as this years back-up at the very least

-bt-
Old 04-12-2012, 03:50 PM
Flemington

Quote:

I would have more confidence in him compared to the names like Nittamakki, Emery, Boucher, Leighton, Little, Esche and any other gems I'm missing. He's like Ken f.ucking Dryden vs that group.
Old 04-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
I know it does you no good now, but the Preds game was on CNBC last night. I think every 1st round game will be covered on either NBC Sports Network, CNBC or NHL Network.
I know. I had it on CNBC @ 7:00. Screen went blank and got the dreaded "Game not available for viewing" box. It was ugly.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:03 PM
arizonadave

Going to the game tonight against the Blackbirds. Not much of a hockey fan, so does anyone think that Phoenix has a chance in the series.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
Gulfstream Park

So who do think will come out of the West now?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Flemington

Solid effort by the Blueshirts tonight.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:05 PM
arizonadave

Game time. Sold Out.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Flemington

Tough loss for the Caps.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:38 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Tough loss for the Caps.
very. didn't make it home til the end of the third period. hate to see them get that far to lose.
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Tough loss for the Caps.
they're playing not to lose

-bt-