Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 02:31 AM
Gulfstream Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
That was a pretty gutty comeback for a team on the road that looked absolutely dead in the first period. Bryzgalov also picked his game big time.
I agree. Good game. If things keep going like Game 1, it will be a fun series to watch.

Wasn't going to watch this one, but didn't have a choice. The Preds were f****** blacked out. I don't know who was more ticked off, me or my daughter.....
Old 04-12-2012, 06:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by booner View Post
I agree. Good game. If things keep going like Game 1, it will be a fun series to watch.

Wasn't going to watch this one, but didn't have a choice. The Preds were f****** blacked out. I don't know who was more ticked off, me or my daughter.....
I know it does you no good now, but the Preds game was on CNBC last night. I think every 1st round game will be covered on either NBC Sports Network, CNBC or NHL Network.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:29 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
I know it does you no good now, but the Preds game was on CNBC last night. I think every 1st round game will be covered on either NBC Sports Network, CNBC or NHL Network.
Some of us don't get the muthafcking NHL network
Furious doesn't even begin to describe it
Old 04-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
very nice. we moved down here in 94. only things i miss from up there are hockey and steamed blue crabs. got my husband hooked on hockey while we lived up there just glad they came up with nhl center ice, i get that every year. started going when the team started, i was 7.

i have a signed pic of adam oates in my office. gets some funny looks! not many around here who know anything about hockey. my oldest was a dino cicarelli fan back when he was 6-7 years old. still have one of his signed cards.
Zig and Dan - I suspect we attended many of the same games back in the early 90's. I was actually a Caps fan back then (expect when they played the Bruins ). Playoff games at teh old Cap Centre were awesome.

Had the good fortune of sharing a few "pops" with many of the boys during this timeframe. A great bunch of guys. Have this sweater and a D Hunter classic Titan stick.

With all that said. GO Bs!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caps Sweater.jpg (79.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 04-12-2012, 09:26 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Zig and Dan - I suspect we attended many of the same games back in the early 90's. I was actually a Caps fan back then (expect when they played the Bruins ). Playoff games at teh old Cap Centre were awesome.

Had the good fortune of sharing a few "pops" with many of the boys during this timeframe. A great bunch of guys. Have this sweater and a D Hunter classic Titan stick.

With all that said. GO Bs!!!
i had so much stuff from back then-my parents moved so who knows where all that memorabilia all ended up. i joined the navy almost straight out of h.s., and that stuff didn't enter my mind then as far as putting it somewhere safe.
i still call the new verizon center the cap center-that's what it's always been.

a lot of memories, so many old players that i still remember. al iafrate's fast time was still the record at the all-star skills contest until two years ago i believe.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Flemington

Quote:
i had so much stuff from back then-my parents moved so who knows where all that memorabilia all ended up. i joined the navy almost straight out of h.s., and that stuff didn't enter my mind then as far as putting it somewhere safe.
i still call the new verizon center the cap center-that's what it's always been.

a lot of memories, so many old players that i still remember. al iafrate's fast time was still the record at the all-star skills contest until two years ago i believe.
That's sad if that's the first (and best) memory that comes to mind.................
Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Dee Tee Stables

here's my adam oates pic, bought it at an auction a few years ago at verizon center. we beat the pens that night; thoroughly enjoyed booing cindy crosby in person.

001.JPG

didn't care for those uni's when they went to them, glad they're with the ones they've got now.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:34 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
That's sad if that's the first (and best) memory that comes to mind.................
no, just one of many. we had it on that night when it got broken-i said wow, iafrate still has that?

no, my faves from back in those days were langway, mike gartner, calle johanssen. remember yelling peeeeete, when peterson made a good save. my favorite goalie out of all the caps past/present is kolzig. later on, bondra was awesome, oates was a fave...
it was always frustrating tho when polian owned them, it seemed he'd trade a good one whenever we got one. he didn't seem to want to pay the money.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Flemington

Quote:
no, just one of many. we had it on that night when it got broken-i said wow, iafrate still has that?

no, my faves from back in those days were langway, mike gartner, calle johanssen. remember yelling peeeeete, when peterson made a good save. my favorite goalie out of all the caps past/present is kolzig. later on, bondra was awesome, oates was a fave...
it was always frustrating tho when polian owned them, it seemed he'd trade a good one whenever we got one. he didn't seem to want to pay the money.
They just seem to be one of those organizations that have always had really good players/teams, but just can't get over the hump. The same can be said for the team that they have now a days.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:41 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:

Planet Al was a beast when healthy which was rare.

and

"Liuuuuuuttttt"
Old 04-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
They just seem to be one of those organizations that have always had really good players/teams, but just can't get over the hump. The same can be said for the team that they have now a days.
One prominent Post columnist would affectionately refer to the Caps this time of year as the Choking Dogs.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 AM
The Curragh

Default Let's Go Caps!!!!

one of my fondest memories when I was growing up was sitting on the glass at us airways arena (aka the half pipe) and being amazed at what great hair ron dugay had back in the day, pre-helmet days.

I think every hockey “fan” knew the flyers were either coming back with vengeance or gonna muck it up after they went down 3-0. After the first goal you could see the momentum shift, and as they say a 2-goal lead is the worst lead in hockey. Letang and Staal need to remove head from ass, and that OT winner doesn’t go in. That series seems to be living up to expectations.
These were, and still are my predictions that were made before the start of yesterday’s series

Ottawa 7
Boston 6
NJ 5
PIT 6
VAN 5
STL 7
CHI 6
DET 5

-bt-
Old 04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Hialeah Park

Bryz sucks??

Let me know when you actually start watching them.

A dangerous style of play (coming from way back), but the Flyguys sure know how to do it better than any other team in the league.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 04-12-2012, 10:38 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Bryz sucks??

A dangerous style of play (coming from way back), but the Flyguys sure know how to do it better than any other team in the league.
I've watched him a lot this season and I feel like he gives up alot of softies. I understand what you are saying about their defensive style, but I haven't been impressed by him at all. He played well after the 1st period last night, they tightened up defensively and made the big saves when needed. The question is, can he do it on a consistent basis?
Old 04-12-2012, 10:56 AM
The Curragh

I am biased as a fan, but I really have a hard time thinking that anyone, except possibly the Pens, can beat the Rangers in a 7 game series this year. They are too tough night in and night out to lose 4 out of 7.
That said I am hoping for a final 4 of Chicago, Detroit, Rangers and Boston. I like the original 6 teams getting after it.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:02 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
I am biased as a fan, but I really have a hard time thinking that anyone, except possibly the Pens, can beat the Rangers in a 7 game series this year. They are too tough night in and night out to lose 4 out of 7.
That said I am hoping for a final 4 of Chicago, Detroit, Rangers and Boston. I like the original 6 teams getting after it.
Obviously I'm a big Rangers fan and the whole key to them is whether they can score. It's been anemic all season (including the PP which has been awful), they need Lundqvist to play back to his mid-season form. If they can acomplish that they could go very far in the playoffs. That being said the Pens are probably the best team top to bottom in the East if not the entire league.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Bryz sucks??

flyers fans can't exactly be happy with their return on a 5.6M per player for the next 9 years after this season.
couple that with the fact that they started the season with one of the best defensive cores in the league, you can't say he hasn't been a dissapointment.

for fahk sakes he was losing his job to sergei bobrovsky a few months ago.

-bt-
Old 04-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
i thought the rangers tailed off a bit late; and you never know what torts is going to do/say. for obvious reasons, i hope you're really bad at prognosticating!
Old 04-12-2012, 12:29 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
i thought the rangers tailed off a bit late; and you never know what torts is going to do/say. for obvious reasons, i hope you're really bad at prognosticating!
I agree, still think they are probably good enough to beat everyone but the Pens, I have never actually said, "Go Flyers" until last night.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I agree, still think they are probably good enough to beat everyone but the Pens, I have never actually said, "Go Flyers" until last night.
yeah, i probably enjoyed seeing the flyers win just a liiiiiittle bit more than if i'd seen yet another pic of sid and co as the winners.
at least game one in their series went to ot-i told my husband i hope they play seven and go to ot in each one.