Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-08-2011, 12:44 PM
Flemington

Default Timmy Ice Tebow...

Networks are now fighting over who gets to air Denver games. The guy is a legend. They are calling him the biggest TV draw in the history of the NFL. That last quote is from my man Skip Bayless.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:24 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Networks are now fighting over who gets to air Denver games. The guy is a legend. They are calling him the biggest TV draw in the history of the NFL. That last quote is from my man Skip Bayless.
Skip Bayless is a clown with his orangish hair. It is hard to do but he makes Stephen A. Smith sound sensible.

I'm sure the Broncos will be on Sunday night and Monday night football every week next year.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Skip Bayless is a clown with his orangish hair. It is hard to do but he makes Stephen A. Smith sound sensible.

I'm sure the Broncos will be on Sunday night and Monday night football every week next year.
I love his hair. When Im his age I hope I have hair like that. Stephen A. Naismith?
Old 12-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post

Tebow is the latest "flavor of the month" and the networks will exploit his success as long as possible. I can't blame Tebow for this although others seem more than willing. His is a great story and while it may not last...who knows. The NFL is changing in case some haven't noticed and young QB's are having greater success than ever...Newton a prime example. Many said he'd never be an NFL QB...
Old 12-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I love his hair. When Im his age I hope I have hair like that. Stephen A. Naismith?
His hair may not be his
Old 12-08-2011, 02:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
Tebow is the latest "flavor of the month" and the networks will exploit his success as long as possible. I can't blame Tebow for this although others seem more than willing. His is a great story and while it may not last...who knows. The NFL is changing in case some haven't noticed and young QB's are having greater success than ever...Newton a prime example. Many said he'd never be an NFL QB...
Newton puts up big numbers in losses, hard to call it success, though I really enjoy watching him play. Tebow wins small. The Broncs are now one of those baseball teams that just manufacture wins from "small ball".
The NFL is not happy with that game being on CBS but good for them for keeping it.
I prefer it, I will be there and it gets cold at night.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:19 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Newton puts up big numbers in losses, hard to call it success, though I really enjoy watching him play. Tebow wins small. The Broncs are now one of those baseball teams that just manufacture wins from "small ball".
The NFL is not happy with that game being on CBS but good for them for keeping it.
I prefer it, I will be there and it gets cold at night.
Newton is very good. If you subtract newton and tebow from their teams... the Broncos are about 4.7 million times better than the Panthers. So I wouldnt put the Panthers losses on Newton.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:25 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Newton is very good. If you subtract newton and tebow from their teams... the Broncos are about 4.7 million times better than the Panthers. So I wouldnt put the Panthers losses on Newton.
They were the two worst teams in the NFL last year, one is still pretty bad.
The Panthers have better wideouts, better (way better) running backs, better tight ends (two of the best in the league), a better QB (just ask anyone...), O-Line? Broncos were the worst rushing team in the league last year and for the first 5 games of the season.
On Defense Miller, Dumervil, Bailey are better than their counterparts other than that not so much.
And they have to have a better coach right?

14 picks...ouch.

Last edited by Clip-Clop : 12-08-2011 at 02:26 PM. Reason: adding in picks
Old 12-08-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerfrost View Post
And isn't it interesting how nobody gives two sh its about Newton anymore but Tebow has been made into the most popular guy in sports. Part of it might be his team's record, but I think there's another huge reason.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
On Defense Miller, Dumervil, Bailey are better than their counterparts other than that not so much.
Their defense is in another universe compared to the Panthers. Miller is a legitimate DPOY candidate and Dumervil and Bailey are both great. Broderick Bunkley and D.J. Williams are also playing really well. Carolina's defense is terrible. Denver has a way better defense and way better special teams than Carolina. It's not close.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Their defense is in another universe compared to the Panthers. Miller is a legitimate DPOY candidate and Dumervil and Bailey are both great. Broderick Bunkley and D.J. Williams are also playing really well. Carolina's defense is terrible. Denver has a way better defense and way better special teams than Carolina. It's not close.
I did not mention the special teams, they are playing really well, punting especially. Practice makes perfect.
Miller has to be ROY and at least top 3 for D. No argument there, but "4.7MM times better" is a stretch for a team that got one talented guy back from IR, one really, really good draft pick and started the "QB that could never be" 6 games through the season.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Pretty much the only parts of Carolina's team that are better than Denver are the WR's and TE's. Carolina's RB's are historically better, but MaGahee has some great talent IMO. and Tebow is a tough runner who is part QB/ part RB.

Clip Clop, there is no reason to discredit Newton to make Tebow look better. Newton throws the ball 30-50 times per game, he should have more interceptions than tebow who throw's 10-15 times per game. Newton is a lot closer to Vick, in a much bigger and more durable body. Tebow is closer to no one, he is his own mold. I friggin love Tebow, but Newton is and will be one hell of a quarterback.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:56 PM
Flemington

Quote:
And isn't it interesting how nobody gives two sh its about Newton anymore but Tebow has been made into the most popular guy in sports. Part of it might be his team's record, but I think there's another huge reason.
Why are we bringing race into this?
Old 12-08-2011, 03:02 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Why are we bringing race into this?
I dont think race has anything to do with it.

I believe its purely record.. with Newton not playing for anything but experience this season.. and Tebow with playoffs on the line.

Also the enigma that surrounds Tim Tebow (christian boy with the unorthadox throwing motion who most NFL big wigs thought would fail) is what is bringing him all the attention.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:04 PM
Flemington

Quote:

I believe its purely record.. with Newton not playing for anything but experience this season.. and Tebow with playoffs on the line.

Also the enigma that surrounds Tim Tebow (christian boy with the unorthadox throwing motion who most NFL big wigs thought would fail) is what is bringing him all the attention.

I may be wrong, but I think thats what ateam was talking about.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Pretty much the only parts of Carolina's team that are better than Denver are the WR's and TE's. Carolina's RB's are historically better, but MaGahee has some great talent IMO. and Tebow is a tough runner who is part QB/ part RB.

Clip Clop, there is no reason to discredit Newton to make Tebow look better. Newton throws the ball 30-50 times per game, he should have more interceptions than tebow who throw's 10-15 times per game. Newton is a lot closer to Vick, in a much bigger and more durable body. Tebow is closer to no one, he is his own mold. I friggin love Tebow, but Newton is and will be one hell of a quarterback.
We will have to disagree on the RB's, Willis is having a great year and was probably the most talented back from the U in years til the knee. I am not trying to beat up Newton at all, think the kid is an amazing player and athlete. I think he needed a season and likely two seasons before he will even begin to reach his potential.
What people are not realizing (despite the insane amount of media coverage) is that Tebow has only started 9 games total, he too has a long way to go and a lot to learn.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
The Curragh

Quote:

Tebow said on the news last night, "Golly it is exciting to play against a defense like the Bears this week."

Golly.
You cannot fake that.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I may be wrong, but I think thats what ateam was talking about.
i think that is what he was talking about also.. I do disagree though.

Also to Clip Clop's point about Newton vs Tebow.

I believe there is a massive difference in playing in the NFC South compared to the AFC West. Oakland is the only competitive team in that division and they are trending downward.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
i think that is what he was talking about also.. I do disagree though.

Also to Clip Clop's point about Newton vs Tebow.

I believe there is a massive difference in playing in the NFC South compared to the AFC West. Oakland is the only competitive team in that division and they are trending downward.
Bolts were most people's third or fourth best team in the AFC beginning of the year.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
We will have to disagree on the RB's, Willis is having a great year and was probably the most talented back from the U in years til the knee. I am not trying to beat up Newton at all, think the kid is an amazing player and athlete. I think he needed a season and likely two seasons before he will even begin to reach his potential.
What people are not realizing (despite the insane amount of media coverage) is that Tebow has only started 9 games total, he too has a long way to go and a lot to learn.
Tebow is my favorite player in the NFL along with Shady. He's the man.

Some people think leadership in sports is overrated. I think those people are full of ****. With Tebow on offense and Dawkins on defense, you can't get better leaders than that. They lay their heart and soul on the line every play in every game and teammates respond to that.