Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Flemington

Default AFC South

What a train wreck.

The Colts and Titans have a lot of key injuries. The Texans have a swiss cheese defense and the Jags blow.

Rusty Smith led the Florida Atlantic Owls (Google claims they play in the Sun-Belt confrence) to a 5-7 record last year - and managed just 14 TD passes in 12 games.... he was the 11th QB taken in last years draft ... the Titans will probably have to endure him for a 3rd straight week - and might not get Kenny Britt back as well for the meeting with the Jags next week.

The Colts just got skull fucl<ed at home by the Chargers even though the defense was lucky enough to force 5 short field goals and kept the Chargers O out of the endzone a lot.

I suppose as pathetic as the Jags are - and they really suck - since they're the only ones who are healthy and can play defense .. they might steal it.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:43 PM
The Curragh

The Colts have several players out starting who just a couple months ago were practice squad players. Their injuries are KILLING THEM.

I get to see every Jags game down here and they do not suck. They are legit and deserve to keep playin good and win. Maybe I'm guessing you have not seen them play every game cause if you have, and had any football knowledge, you would not post that comment about them. Please note - I'm not a Jags fan but rather a Colts fan still reeling after that miserable showing with LESS THAN 50% OF OUR STARTERS! And no I've never played a down so WTF do I know

Get your head screwed on straight big guy and get out of capping all those 60 to 80 races a day 4 to 6 days a week and watch some Jags football.

Now watch then fold They are good man, they are. Bad game today against a damn good Giants team at home. David needed protection and did not get it in the second half.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:01 PM
Keeneland

The Jags are 6-5 and have given up 54 more points than they have scored. DrugS is right...they suck.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:29 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
The Jags are 6-5 and have given up 54 more points than they have scored. DrugS is right...they suck.
That is an interesting stat, did not know.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Havre de Grace

The Jags played well enough against the Texans on the ridiculous batted ball Hail Mary TD game.

They played well against the Colts in the home game that Scobee hit a 75 yd FG to win it.

Other than that they've been pummeled by Philly at home, San Diego on the road, Tennessee at home, and Kansas City on the road (with Todd Bouman playing QB).

The Texans have let way too many games slip away and have no defense, like DrugS said. However, there was a sign of a pulse at their game yesterday. It came in the person of Andre Johnson pounding Cortland Finnegan, which was probably something dozens of WRs in the NFL have been dying to do for years.

The Colts were garbage last night and I guess Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai are not necessarily returning very soon. Their running game is non-existent and they're getting uncharacteristically bad play from some old reliables like Wayne and Garcon.

The division could be won with a 9-7 record and whomever loses the AFC East or AFC North would promptly dismantle that division winner in the 1st round of the playoffs. On a side note, I'm going to Vegas in two weeks and the future odds for the NFL are really interesting. I know we've seen this play out before, but 18-1 on the Chargers to win the AFC is a little bit appealing. If I want to torture myself through the month of January with Norv and Phillip Rivers leading the sinking ship I might throw a few bucks on them.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
The Jags played well enough against the Texans on the ridiculous batted ball Hail Mary TD game.

They played well against the Colts in the home game that Scobee hit a 75 yd FG to win it.

Other than that they've been pummeled by Philly at home, San Diego on the road, Tennessee at home, and Kansas City on the road (with Todd Bouman playing QB).

The Texans have let way too many games slip away and have no defense, like DrugS said. However, there was a sign of a pulse at their game yesterday. It came in the person of Andre Johnson pounding Cortland Finnegan, which was probably something dozens of WRs in the NFL have been dying to do for years.

The Colts were garbage last night and I guess Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai are not necessarily returning very soon. Their running game is non-existent and they're getting uncharacteristically bad play from some old reliables like Wayne and Garcon.

The division could be won with a 9-7 record and whomever loses the AFC East or AFC North would promptly dismantle that division winner in the 1st round of the playoffs. On a side note, I'm going to Vegas in two weeks and the future odds for the NFL are really interesting. I know we've seen this play out before, but 18-1 on the Chargers to win the AFC is a little bit appealing. If I want to torture myself through the month of January with Norv and Phillip Rivers leading the sinking ship I might throw a few bucks on them.
I would jump all over that and I am a die hard Colts Fan and live in Jacksonville. I can't stand Phillip Rivers, but 18-1 is WAY too juicy on this team cause they always come charginglate in the season.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
The division could be won with a 9-7 record and whomever loses the AFC East or AFC North would promptly dismantle that division winner in the 1st round of the playoffs.
I think if either Indy or Tennessee can weasel out a division win - they'll be healthy enough by than to win a home wildcard game.

Tennessee is two weeks away from being a totally brand new team.

* rookie Rusty Smith - who would be lucky to make it as a back-up qb in the Arena leauge will be replaced by Kerry Collins - who's calf injury sit-out has allowed time for the injury on his throwing finger to heal.

* Kenny Britt will be back. He's a true #1 reciever - the other recievers besides him and Moss simply can't run or catch.

* The Titans get back their two starting D-Line members back next week. Their defensive play has been in the sh!tter with those line injuries.

* Chris Johnson only ran for five yards last week - but he got hurt in the first quarter when he got the wind knocked out of him - and by the time he was ready to go mid-way through the 2nd quarter - they were behind and needed to pass.

As for the Colts - they have Payton Manning - they're tough in the dome - and I assume they'll be a lot more healthy by then... and if not, all the scrubs will have more playing time in them.

But yeah, the Jags or Texans will get rolled at home if they weasel out a division win.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS View Post
I think if either Indy or Tennessee can weasel out a division win - they'll be healthy enough by than to win a home wildcard game.

Tennessee is two weeks away from being a totally brand new team.

* rookie Rusty Smith - who would be lucky to make it as a back-up qb in the Arena leauge will be replaced by Kerry Collins - who's calf injury sit-out has allowed time for the injury on his throwing finger to heal.

* Kenny Britt will be back. He's a true #1 reciever - the other recievers besides him and Moss simply can't run or catch.

* The Titans get back their two starting D-Line members back next week. Their defensive play has been in the sh!tter with those line injuries.

* Chris Johnson only ran for five yards last week - but he got hurt in the first quarter when he got the wind knocked out of him - and by the time he was ready to go mid-way through the 2nd quarter - they were behind and needed to pass.

As for the Colts - they have Payton Manning - they're tough in the dome - and I assume they'll be a lot more healthy by then... and if not, all the scrubs will have more playing time in them.

But yeah, the Jags or Texans will get rolled at home if they weasel out a division win.
The 2nd place teams in the East and North are going to be the two wildcards. If those two teams are the Patriots and Ravens, for example, they'll beat either Indy or Tennessee, unless those two turn it around in a hurry.

Another division worthy of being its own thread for how horrible it is is the NFC West. Could 7-9 really win a division? How ridiculous would it be for 11-5 Green Bay to go to 7-9 St. Louis for a wildcard game?
Old 11-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Flemington

Quote:
The 2nd place teams in the East and North are going to be the two wildcards. If those two teams are the Patriots and Ravens, for example, they'll beat either Indy or Tennessee, unless those two turn it around in a hurry.

Another division worthy of being its own thread for how horrible it is is the NFC West. Could 7-9 really win a division? How ridiculous would it be for 11-5 Green Bay to go to 7-9 St. Louis for a wildcard game?
The NFC West is horrid... it's like a 4-way battle for prettiest girl at the fat camp.

The AFC South has two very injured teams that can really play - an excellent offense in Houston and somehow the hapless Jags are in a prime spot to steal it.

But yeah, anyone of four can still win both.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
Gulfstream Park

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2MinsToPost View Post
I would jump all over that and I am a die hard Colts Fan and live in Jacksonville. I can't stand Phillip Rivers, but 18-1 is WAY too juicy on this team cause they always come charginglate in the season.
Have faith...if the Colts can heal enough and the owner of the Titans keeps messing with the team chemistry, we'll be able to beat them twice and get the division. Think of us poor bastards when the wind chill hits -20 and your sitting on the beach.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpncaine View Post
Have faith...if the Colts can heal enough and the owner of the Titans keeps messing with the team chemistry, we'll be able to beat them twice and get the division. Think of us poor bastards when the wind chill hits -20 and your sitting on the beach.
The Colts are going to have to play the 'good and healthy' version of the Titans twice.

They won't see Rusty Smith - and they will see a healthy Kenny Britt, Chris Johnson, and Kerry Collins. Not that Kerry Collins is that good ... but Rusty Smith is likely the worst 3rd string QB in the NFL. He's so bad - going to Collins from him - is like going to Manning from Painter.

The Titans D will also likely start forcing turnovers again with their two starting D-lineman coming back next week. They account for 9 Sacks between the two who've been hurt.
Old 11-30-2010, 11:23 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Today's leader in the NFC West is the Rams, a team that won one game last season and lost by 38 to Detroit earlier this year. They really are not very good.