Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2010, 04:43 PM
Flemington

Default NFL Contender and Pretender

BIG TIME PRETENDER-

TAMPA BAY- They are 4-2, but they are somehow minus 30. The 2 losses came at home, and the 4 wins are against 4 of the worse teams in the NFL. If they go 6-10 I would be suprised.

BIG TIME CONTENDER-

Kansas City- The division sucks and I dont see them giving it up, but they would likely be competitive in any division and would be the best team in the NFC right now. They are young and explosive, they can play a bit of d, and can certainly run the ball. They will likely have a first round home playoff game, and already proved they can play with top teams like the Colts and Texans.

Anyone want to add?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:54 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
BIG TIME PRETENDER-

TAMPA BAY- They are 4-2, but they are somehow minus 30. The 2 losses came at home, and the 4 wins are against 4 of the worse teams in the NFL. If they go 6-10 I would be suprised.

BIG TIME CONTENDER-

Kansas City- The division sucks and I dont see them giving it up, but they would likely be competitive in any division and would be the best team in the NFC right now. They are young and explosive, they can play a bit of d, and can certainly run the ball. They will likely have a first round home playoff game, and already proved they can play with top teams like the Colts and Texans.

Anyone want to add?
I agree with Tampa as a major pretender. The teams they have beaten are 8-18 combined. The teams they lost to are 9-4 and they lost those games by a combined score of 69-13. I will give them credit, they are beating the bad teams, which can't be said of everybody, but they are being crushed by the good teams.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Keeneland

Kansas City is 4-0 against teams with a losing record and 0-2 against teams with a winning record. They are a pretender IMO.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
BIG TIME PRETENDER-

BIG TIME CONTENDER-

Kansas City- The division sucks and I don't see them giving it up, but they would likely be competitive in any division and would be the best team in the NFC right now. They are young and explosive, they can play a bit of d, and can certainly run the ball. They will likely have a first round home playoff game, and already proved they can play with top teams like the Colts and Texans.

Anyone want to add?
KC is not a contender even though they are improved. They may win thier division but that doesn't mean they are good. You make fun of TB schedule but the KC has beaten SD, Jax, SF and Cleveland (sorry Morty) none of which are desent teams. They played two average teams Indy and Houston and lost to both.

The Bears are another pretender even though they have a winning record.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
KC is not a contender even though they are improved. They may win thier division but that doesn't mean they are good. You make fun of TB schedule but the KC has beaten SD, Jax, SF and Cleveland (sorry Morty) none of which are desent teams. They played two average teams Indy and Houston and lost to both.

The Bears are another pretender even though they have a winning record.

Bears have no shot to make the playoffs, I give Minnesota a much bigger chance.
Old 10-25-2010, 06:40 PM
Newmarket

This year.......they're ALL pretenders!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM
Saratoga

The Bears might win one more game the rest of the season.

And I personally think that Buffalo is gonna destroy us next week...Bears are bad, and they are primed to come off the layoff flat, fat and lazy
Old 10-25-2010, 06:44 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff View Post
This year.......they're ALL pretenders!

AFC Contenders

Pats, Jets, Ravens, Pitt, KC, Titans

NFC Contenders

Ugh, Right now....

Falcons

I think the Eagles, Packers and Vikings will all turn things around and be really good by seassons end.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
AFC Contenders

Pats, Jets, Ravens, Pitt, KC, Titans

NFC Contenders

Ugh, Right now....

Falcons

I think the Eagles, Packers and Vikings will all turn things around and be really good by seassons end.
oh fucl<!!!

& the Falcons arent that good. AFC is where it is at...
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
oh fucl<!!!

& the Falcons arent that good. AFC is where it is...

I agree, thats why I said I think a team like Kansas City would be the best in the NFC this year. I am truly impressed with them.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I agree, thats why I said I think a team like Kansas City would be the best in the NFC this year. I am truly impressed with them.
Charlie is a better coordinator than coach that is for sure!!

I love the Dexter McCluster ? kid...

Eagles wanted to draft him BAD
Old 10-25-2010, 07:05 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Kansas City is 4-0 against teams with a losing record and 0-2 against teams with a winning record. They are a pretender IMO.
They rightfully should've beaten Houston though and they played very well against the Colts. I think they'll win that division.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:06 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
Charlie is a better coordinator than coach that is for sure!!

I love the Dexter McCluster ? kid...

Eagles wanted to draft him BAD
Im nasty with him in Madden, he cant be stopped in the slot.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:07 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
They rightfully should've beaten Houston though and they played very well against the Colts. I think they'll win that division.
They are young and folded up late in both of those games. Like you said they should have beat Houston and should only improve. If you can run the ball in the NFL your OK, they have 2. They just have to be decent the rest of the way to get a home playoff game.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Havre de Grace

Kansas City's defense is HORRIBLE. They are far from a contender unless that unit turns it around in a big way.

Todd Haley seems to think it's cool for him to coach like he has a chip on his shoulder. In each of the last two weeks he has gone for it on 4th and 3 inside his opponent's 20 (in the 1st qtr against Houston, 3rd qtr yesterday) and missed it both times.

That being said, they're an exciting team with a ton of speed on offense and one of the most underrated receivers in the league (Dwayne Bowe) but they will win that disgraceful division and be fodder for either wild card in the first round.

It's impossible to trust anyone in the NFC right now. They all suck.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
They are young and folded up late in both of those games. Like you said they should have beat Houston and should only improve. If you can run the ball in the NFL your OK, they have 2. They just have to be decent the rest of the way to get a home playoff game.
Washington should have beaten Houston too but the difference between 8 and 11 win teams in the NFL is closing up games like that.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
Kansas City's defense is HORRIBLE. They are far from a contender unless that unit turns it around in a big way.

Todd Haley seems to think it's cool for him to coach like he has a chip on his shoulder. In each of the last two weeks he has gone for it on 4th and 3 inside his opponent's 20 (in the 1st qtr against Houston, 3rd qtr yesterday) and missed it both times.

That being said, they're an exciting team with a ton of speed on offense and one of the most underrated receivers in the league (Dwayne Bowe) but they will win that disgraceful division and be fodder for either wild card in the first round.

It's impossible to trust anyone in the NFC right now. They all suck.

D Bowe is like the least of the reassons I like them. He shows up when he feels like it, hes inconsistent. THey have a lot of young talent on Defense. Berry is going to be great. Arenas is good. Dorsey and Jackson are both solid and they are all young.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I think they'll win that division.
That isn't saying much.

The Chargers can't get out of their own way and have the biggest mush coach ever. The Broncos just gave up 59 to the Raiders. They aren't that bad obviously, but they aren't very good either. The Raiders should be 4-3, but their kicker missed a chipshot to win a game. I think they are as good as the Chiefs.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
He coached like a tard in the Indy game too.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
That isn't saying much.

The Chargers can't get out of their own way and have the biggest mush coach ever. The Broncos just gave up 59 to the Raiders. They aren't that bad obviously, but they aren't very good either. The Raiders should be 4-3, but their kicker missed a chipshot to win a game. I think they are as good as the Chiefs.
I dont think the Raiders are nearly as good as KC.