Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-18-2010, 08:19 AM
Idlewild Airport

Default Hand It To Ateam

If you had told me after the first game the Jets would be 5-1, and winning games they have always lost in the past, I would've said you were crazy. They are a very good team, not great. But in a league filled with parity, they only need a 1 or 2 seed to be right there for the SuperBowl....Looking at the rest of their games, I am hard pressed to see how they win less than 11.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:57 AM
Coach Pants

11? That limb shaky out there, brah?
Old 10-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
11? That limb shaky out there, brah?
Not really. They will definitely be over their number was more my point.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Long way to go, but thanks Rand.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
If you had told me after the first game the Jets would be 5-1, and winning games they have always lost in the past, I would've said you were crazy. They are a very good team, not great. But in a league filled with parity, they only need a 1 or 2 seed to be right there for the SuperBowl....Looking at the rest of their games, I am hard pressed to see how they win less than 11.
Ateam is the one making them win. Good Job Ateam.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Ateam is the one making them win. Good Job Ateam.
I appreciate that, Lt. Sandy Vagina.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Saratoga

Do I have to bring up the Rex Ryan thread where I was called stupid and making an ass out of myself for picking their schedule. I had them at 5-1 at this break, and I easily could have been perfect as they should have won the Baltimore game, and should have lost yesterday, at least from what I hear, although I didn't see the game but did see Ateam's FB posts about them getting hosed.

They are 13-3 or 12-4, easy, this year.

And Joey, don't go throwing my Bears predictions in my face because they are horrendous and still will be 6-10 or 7-9 at the end of this season. They should be 1-5, not 4-2
Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav View Post
Do I have to bring up the Rex Ryan thread where I was called stupid and making an ass out of myself for picking their schedule. I had them at 5-1 at this break, and I easily could have been perfect as they should have won the Baltimore game, and should have lost yesterday, at least from what I hear, although I didn't see the game but did see Ateam's FB posts about them getting hosed.

They are 13-3 or 12-4, easy, this year.

And Joey, don't go throwing my Bears predictions in my face because they are horrendous and still will be 6-10 or 7-9 at the end of this season. They should be 1-5, not 4-2
I'm not throwing anything in your face. I still think picking the schedule before the season is stupid and futile. I'm glad you were right about the Jets so far though.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I appreciate that, Lt. Sandy Vagina.
You talk a lot of **** for someone who is in a first place tie.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:33 PM
The Curragh

They should be 6-0, and haven't even come close to playing their best football, which is fine, because you don't want to peak this early. The offense has been spotty, the defense not nearly as good as they can be, only the special teams have been excellent thus far.

Was definitely concerned when they replaced Feely with Nick Folk, but that has been a great decision to this point.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Keeneland

Technically they aren't tied. But don't let it stop you from repeating it another hundred times.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Has it become way more difficult to win on the road these days, or is it just seem like it because I root for the Lions?
Old 10-18-2010, 04:35 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Technically they aren't tied. But don't let it stop you from repeating it another hundred times.
You own the tie breaker, but you still have to come to NE. So whatever you say. The Pats are a top 4 team. The Pats, Jets, Pitt, Ravens. Sucks they are all in AFC.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
You talk a lot of **** for someone who is in a first place tie.
How the hell is 5-1 with a head-to-head win vs. 4-1 a tie? You're just mad that everything you've said (and bet) against the Jets this year has turned to dust. The Jets aren't tied with anyone. They have the most wins in the NFL.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Has it become way more difficult to win on the road these days, or is it just seem like it because I root for the Lions?
If you take stupid penalties (such as an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after stopping a team inside the 10) and give a team another 3 shots at the endzone, I really think it doesn't matter where you play your games.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
You own the tie breaker, but you still have to come to NE. So whatever you say. The Pats are a top 4 team. The Pats, Jets, Pitt, Ravens. Sucks they are all in AFC.
I'll take the Jets in that game, you can make the line right now. You have to name 5 players that have to be active, I will name 4 players that have to be active.

Anything up to $200
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 PM
Saratoga

Skids...stick wih fantasy horsey racing.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:27 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Skids...stick wih fantasy horsey racing.
No good at that, gotta focus on fantasy foozball and outsmarting the public

SIR
Old 10-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
If you take stupid penalties (such as an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after stopping a team inside the 10) and give a team another 3 shots at the endzone, I really think it doesn't matter where you play your games.
Well, with all due respect, that particular play seemed to warrant offsetting unsportsmanlike penalties, but as is typical with the Lions, only Cliff Avril was flagged. The late fumble and Brandon Pettigrew's stone hands also didn't help. Otherwise, Giants fans might be in a panic today about losing to the "lowly" Detroit Lions. It's a moral victory, I know, but this is the best Lions team I've seen since the late 90's in terms of overall talent. Now, if they could just figure out how to close out a game or two, they might be onto something. A 1-5 record does not really accurately describe how they've played, especially considering how brutal the schedule has been (@NYG, MIN, GB, CHI, home versus PHI, STL).
Old 10-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Arlington Park

i'm just happy to see all the "jets can't win with mark sanchez" cripples have apparently crawled back into their cave.

what a shocker he's moderately better as a second year qb. no one could possibly have predicted that. not that this was a team that needed peyton manning to win games.

"hey mark! stop being alex smith or we'll make you hand the ball off a lot more so we can win games that way."

"okay, coach."

problem solved.

that deeply thought out jets qb analysis was genius next to someone on this site actually dissing sam bradford after his first pre-season game though.