Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2010, 07:53 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
It seemed to me that the holding penalties caused them to abandon the running game. Also, it's not like they were running effectively. Very telling words from Nick Collins after the game, who said GB came in to stop the run, and force Sanchez to beat them (not surprising). He also said the Jets were very predictable with the plays they ran off of certain formations. That needs to be addressed.

I've never seen Jericho Cotchery play so poorly. I think he dropped more yesterday than in his entire career.

The 2 interceptions were strange plays, both completely botched by Tripplette's officiating crew (also not surprising).
It's hard to run effectively on 2nd & 10 esp. when the defense knows it's coming. Pass/run, pass/run, pass/run, completely unnecessary end around, etc. It was a disaster. The running game wasn't super effective, but running is something that needs rhythm to work. Schotty ran the ball on back-to-back plays TWICE all game. Unacceptable.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:01 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
It's hard to run effectively on 2nd & 10 when the defense knows it's coming. Pass/run, pass/run, pass/run, completely unnecessary end around, etc. It was a disaster. The running game wasn't super effective, but running is something that needs rhythm to work. Schotty ran the ball on back-to-back plays TWICE all game. Unacceptable.
This is not meant to be a knock on LT, who has been great so far, but Shon Greene isn't on the field enough, in my opinion.

Was it just me, or did Santonio Holmes get benched for most of the 2nd half after dropping that pass? The way Fox broadcast the game yesterday made it difficult for me to see who was on the field.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 AM

Quote:
This is not meant to be a knock on LT, who has been great so far, but Shon Greene isn't on the field enough, in my opinion.

Was it just me, or did Santonio Holmes get benched for most of the 2nd half after dropping that pass? The way Fox broadcast the game yesterday made it difficult for me to see who was on the field.
Yeah, 6 carries for Shonn is a joke. The problem with him though is he can't catch, so LDT's gonna get 90% of the snaps on passing plays. Then LDT has to get some carries as well so we're not telegraphing a pass play every time he's on the field. Holmes should've gotten benched, that was an abysmal drop on a sure TD.

Of all the perplexing things yesterday, I'm not sure why the hell Sanchez shied away from Braylon so much. He fell in love with Cotchery in the second half even after the drops, missed a wide open Braylon earlier in the game and appeared to force it to Cotch in the end zone rather than hitting Braylon on the 3rd & 8 bomb. And the one time Braylon gets one in his direction he makes a great shoestring catch. Weird that he didn't see the ball more.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady View Post
Isn't it great the pats win and the jets crash and burn against a beat up defense. Now we are on top and you are looking up! lol Oh stupid just admit your offense is pathetic. The packers d is so decimated by injury and you can't even score a point! Love that call by ryan early on fake punt, way to screw your defense. Can't wait to hear your excuses now. Especially when you come up to foxboro and crash and burn. Oh by the way that socalled bad d had a great goal line stand at the end of the half and is getting better each week. So jets fans get ready to say it again "Pats AFC East Champs Again" lol
I don't think Ryan called that
Old 11-01-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
I don't think Ryan called that
Which makes it even worse. 4th & 18 at your own 20, the punter's freelancing privileges should end. Weatherford admitted after the game that he thought it was 4th & 9 too. Just incompetence and poor communication all around.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:21 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Which makes it even worse. 4th & 18 at your own 20, the punter's freelancing privileges should end. Weatherford admitted after the game that he thought it was 4th & 9 too. Just incompetence and poor communication all around.
Yes, but I will accept this type of mistake far easily than some others. At least he was trying to be aggressive, and make something happen. It was a poor decision for 4th and 18, but I don't think it was a major part of the loss.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Saratoga

Les would have made it work.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I will accept this type of mistake far easily than some others. At least he was trying to be aggressive, and make something happen. It was a poor decision for 4th and 18, but I don't think it was a major part of the loss.
It pretty much gifted them three points in a 9-0 game, and it looks unbelievably stupid when held up to Rex's unwillingness to go for it on 4th & 1 twice later in the game.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
It pretty much gifted them three points in a 9-0 game, and it looks unbelievably stupid when held up to Rex's unwillingness to go for it on 4th & 1 twice later in the game.
If it had happened late in the 3rd quarter of a 0-0 game, or even early in the 3rd quarter after watching the incompetence in the 1st half, then I would agree that it was a big play, but at the time, there was no reason to believe that the 3-0 deficit was insurmountable.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Delaware Park

Cool What game were you watching?

Of course it made a difference both offenses were quite offensive! Oh stupid I think your jets might lose to the lions this week. Megatron and the boys are playing great. By the way who cares who called the fake, at the time made no sense because jets d was handling the pack. Oh and to all you people who thought pats offense would miss moss, think again! Once again bellichick looks like a genius. Offense best in league and the defense is playing better every week. Can't wait for the rematch. This is your air traffic controller reporting a crashing and burning jet on the foxboro field! lol
Old 11-02-2010, 10:07 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Of course it made a difference both offenses were quite offensive! Oh stupid I think your jets might lose to the lions this week. Megatron and the boys are playing great. By the way who cares who called the fake, at the time made no sense because jets d was handling the pack. Oh and to all you people who thought pats offense would miss moss, think again! Once again bellichick looks like a genius. Offense best in league and the defense is playing better every week. Can't wait for the rematch. This is your air traffic controller reporting a crashing and burning jet on the foxboro field! lol
wtf..I'm a Packer fan and I don't understand this. You're the one who said Ryan called the fake and blasted him for that. And you were wrong. Just admit it.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Can't wait for the rematch.
I wonder why that is. Pats still got smacked by the Jets, none of your delusion can change that. But keep making those oh so hilarious 'crashing and burning' jokes. You know deep down your team isn't for real.
Old 11-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Delaware Park

Talking

All i know is that we are 6-1! So get over your high self and the burning jet. Just like the democrats you are gonna lose next time! Lol
Old 11-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Flemington

This thread is pure comedy. Jesus, we aren't even at the halfway point yet. No arguement about it being a bad loss, but they are still 5-2 and have one of the top defenses in the league. I didn't see the game, but guessing since the final was 9-0 that they were a play or two away from winning it.
I do believe that Ryan and the Jets have this high and mighty complex that they are better than everyone else in the league. So I really think that a loss like that will serve more as a motivational tool for the team then anything else. I expect them to be back on point next week.
I know the Pats are 6-1, but I really think they are somehow doing it with smoke and mirrors at this point and think the Jets are the much better team.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Flemington

Another horrible performance today... Pats are also really flat, OY....
This kid Stafford is pretty good, accurate and strong arm.
Old 11-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
This thread is pure comedy. Jesus, we aren't even at the halfway point yet. No arguement about it being a bad loss, but they are still 5-2 and have one of the top defenses in the league. I didn't see the game, but guessing since the final was 9-0 that they were a play or two away from winning it.
I do believe that Ryan and the Jets have this high and mighty complex that they are better than everyone else in the league. So I really think that a loss like that will serve more as a motivational tool for the team then anything else. I expect them to be back on point next week.
I know the Pats are 6-1, but I really think they are somehow doing it with smoke and mirrors at this point and think the Jets are the much better team.
5-3, BRO...
Old 11-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Flemington

This is pathetic, I puked in my mouth a little....

Cleveland Rushing
CAR YDS AVG TD LG
P. Hillis 29 184 6.3 2 35
Old 11-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Another horrible performance today... Pats are also really flat, OY....
This kid Stafford is pretty good, accurate and strong arm.
Stafford is an absolute stud, if he can stay healthy (I know, you can say that about a lot of QBs).
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Stafford is an absolute stud, if he can stay healthy (I know, you can say that about a lot of QBs).
I told a friend 2 weeks ago hes a total bum and bust... I regret it, totally take it back. The kid is a star, if healthy.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:23 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I told a friend 2 weeks ago hes a total bum and bust... I regret it, totally take it back. The kid is a star, if healthy.
Listening on the radio, apparently he is hurt again?