Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-31-2010, 06:02 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Ill take a Pats TD, best of both worlds.
Which world? The imaginary world where you're a winning gambler or the imaginary world where you're a Pats fan? Neither exists.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:23 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Dominated. Dominated? They lost 9-0 and outgained the Packers despite two horrible bogus picks. Domination is what the Jets did to the Pats in Week 2. You're a fat waste of life. Thanks for mushing the Pats by the way Dr. Poison Opinion.
Jeez Joey, the Jets were dreadful today. No way around it. Acknowledge it and move on.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Coach Pants

I didn't see it as being dreadful. The Packers came to play. And the Jets had play-doh hands.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
Jeez Joey, the Jets were dreadful today. No way around it. Acknowledge it and move on.
WKBW, Buffalo Bills Football!!!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
Their offense was dreadful. Defense played pretty well. To say they were dominated is ridiculous.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Their offense was dreadful. Defense played pretty well. To say they were dominated is ridiculous.
Agreed. Their defense was better than good.
Old 10-31-2010, 07:55 PM
Hippodrome Bluebonnets

Looking for Jets Fans have you guys seen any in here? Can't seem to find them after the Packers game today.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker7964 View Post
Looking for Jets Fans have you guys seen any in here? Can't seem to find them after the Packers game today.
Get the gravy out of your eyes. Not that hard to find Jets fans in this thread.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:25 PM
Hialeah Park

What comes around goes around and the Packers have had horrible calls and dropped balls all year. For the Jets, unfortunately it happened to go around today. But it was a huge win and with all the injuries, an amazing win. But the Jets killed themselves to with some strange calls...there is no way they shouldn't have just run all day against a decimated Packer front, but they were stubborn.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:30 PM
Hialeah Park

Injuries:
Missing were four players who began the season as starters — linebackers Nick Barnett and Brad Jones, both lost for the season; safety Morgan Burnett, also on season-ending injured reserve; and defensive end Ryan Pickett, inactive for the second time in three weeks because of an ankle injury. Also gone were backup defensive end Mike Neal and reserve linebacker Brady Poppinga, both placed on season-ending injured reserve last week.

Capers doesn’t have the services of safety Atari Bigby and cornerback Al Harris, former starters who haven’t been activated off the physically unable to perform list.

And defensive end Cullen Jenkins was limited to situational duty because of a recurring calf injury.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Del Mar

There are few linebackers that i would take over Clay matthews right now. That guy gets some serious pressure all by himself.

I think the Jets forget what they are sometimes. Does it seem that way to anyone else? This is a team that blocks run better than any team in the NFL and their running backs carried the ball a total of 22 times in a close, low scoring ball game against a team that is suspect against the run.

I understand that they have holmes, cotchery and Edwards but this team is built to win on the ground not chucking the ball 38 times into the wind.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:56 PM
Delaware Park

Cool Who lead the afc east? Thats right the pats baby!

Isn't it great the pats win and the jets crash and burn against a beat up defense. Now we are on top and you are looking up! lol Oh stupid just admit your offense is pathetic. The packers d is so decimated by injury and you can't even score a point! Love that call by ryan early on fake punt, way to screw your defense. Can't wait to hear your excuses now. Especially when you come up to foxboro and crash and burn. Oh by the way that socalled bad d had a great goal line stand at the end of the half and is getting better each week. So jets fans get ready to say it again "Pats AFC East Champs Again" lol
Old 10-31-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker7964 View Post
The tards are out in full force tonight. Congrats Bob.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
What comes around goes around and the Packers have had horrible calls and dropped balls all year. For the Jets, unfortunately it happened to go around today. But it was a huge win and with all the injuries, an amazing win. But the Jets killed themselves to with some strange calls...there is no way they shouldn't have just run all day against a decimated Packer front, but they were stubborn.
Schittenheimer's gotta go. He's the worst. How many times do you have to throw incompletions on 1st & 10 before you realize you have to stop putting your offense in a hole?
Old 10-31-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady View Post
Isn't it great the pats win and the jets crash and burn against a beat up defense. Now we are on top and you are looking up! lol Oh stupid just admit your offense is pathetic. The packers d is so decimated by injury and you can't even score a point! Love that call by ryan early on fake punt, way to screw your defense. Can't wait to hear your excuses now. Especially when you come up to foxboro and crash and burn. Oh by the way that socalled bad d had a great goal line stand at the end of the half and is getting better each week. So jets fans get ready to say it again "Pats AFC East Champs Again" lol
You and I both know your team isn't for real and can't beat anybody good on the road. We saw it in Week 2. Let's not play dumb. Congrats, you win the October Super Bowl. You've gotten a lot of those the last 5 years.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
There are few linebackers that i would take over Clay matthews right now. That guy gets some serious pressure all by himself.

I think the Jets forget what they are sometimes. Does it seem that way to anyone else? This is a team that blocks run better than any team in the NFL and their running backs carried the ball a total of 22 times in a close, low scoring ball game against a team that is suspect against the run.

I understand that they have holmes, cotchery and Edwards but this team is built to win on the ground not chucking the ball 38 times into the wind.
If any.

I remember being GAGA over him after his senior year/combine. You could tell he was light years ahead. He certainly panned out better than I thought he would, which is saying alot bc I was high on this kid. Relentless motor he has, playing possessed.

and can we please ban packerbacker for making such an idiotic statement. I mean, all he had to do was read a few posts and that would've spared my eyes of having to read his dumb a$$ callout of Jets fans.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-31-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
If any.

I remember being GAGA over him after his senior year/combine. You could tell he was light years ahead. He certainly panned out better than I thought he would, which is saying alot bc I was high on this kid. Relentless motor he has, playing possessed.

and can we please ban packerbacker for making such an idiotic statement. I mean, all he had to do was read a few posts and that would've spared my eyes of having to read his dumb a$$ callout of Jets fans.
Looking for declansharbor has anyone seen him in here? Can't seem to find him after the Eagles bye today.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Schittenheimer's gotta go. He's the worst. How many times do you have to throw incompletions on 1st & 10 before you realize you have to stop putting your offense in a hole?
Every time Sanchez dropped back I left out a sigh of relief. I told Scavs I thought LT would have 200 yards alone today. They were right to keep trying the screen, but then abandonded the running game so much they couldn't even sell that.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Every time Sanchez dropped back I left out a sigh of relief. I told Scavs I thought LT would have 200 yards alone today. They were right to keep trying the screen, but then abandonded the running game so much they couldn't even sell that.
41 passes and 28 runs on a windy day with our caliber of backs in a game we never trailed by more than one score is just unfathomable. That's his MO though, always trying to reinvent the wheel rather than going with the logical gameplan. Rex has to be fuming. He talks all season long about 'ground and pound' and then yesterday, he gets that goddamn circus from his OC. Time for the big boy to put his foot down.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:40 AM
The Curragh

It seemed to me that the holding penalties caused them to abandon the running game. Also, it's not like they were running effectively. Very telling words from Nick Collins after the game, who said GB came in to stop the run, and force Sanchez to beat them (not surprising). He also said the Jets were very predictable with the plays they ran off of certain formations. That needs to be addressed.

I've never seen Jericho Cotchery play so poorly. I think he dropped more yesterday than in his entire career.

The 2 interceptions were strange plays, both completely botched by Tripplette's officiating crew (also not surprising).