Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
The governor of Ohio made it officially Mavs Day in the state. So LeBron at 26 is expected to act with a higher level of maturity but the owner of the Cavs and an elected public official aren't? Makes sense.
As a native of northeastern Ohio, this is an absolute embarrasment, but you're talking about Kasich, a pure and complete disgrace to humanity. He in all honesty makes LeBron James look like Mother Teresa. Gilbert wanted to re-sign LeBron 100 percent and went after him 100 percent. He's simply playing the part of the jilted girl friend is all. If only all Cleveland fans were as mature as me!!
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
If that's how you see it. I recall saying how he's been disappointing and hasn't come close to reaching expectations. I think there are reasons for some of his actions and behaviors but I don't think that's the same as excuses. Sometimes, I think that we as normal people, expect others to act and do things in a normal way when sometimes, the reality is that they've never lived a normal life. That's not making an excuse and yes, there are others that go through situations similar to theirs that handle things better. But everyone isn't the same. Jordan never had to go through a lot of the stuff James does now. The media was very different then and exposure was nowhere near what it is now. Guys like Kobe and LeBron face far more scrutiny than Jordan did. While Jordan was getting cut from the varsity, LeBron was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. While Jordan was considering colleges, Bryant was taking the singer Brandy to his prom with news cameras following. I would like to sit here and say how I would do things or how someone else should do things but I just think that without living in that reality, I don't think it's fair to say how I would have done it.

Anyway, if that's defending him in your eyes, I can't stop you from feeling that way.
And I can't stop you from being an apologist. I also can't stop you from blindly defending the guys you have a habit of blindly defending. It's weird, before the series you talked about how your 2 favorite players were Lebron and Dirk.

Not a word about Dirk out of you since the series has been over, but a hell of a lot of Lebron defending. Wonder why.

Poor Lebron, he was born with a gift and he's had attention on him because of it. I really feel for him.
Old 06-14-2011, 07:39 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
And I can't stop you from being an apologist. I also can't stop you from blindly defending the guys you have a habit of blindly defending. It's weird, before the series you talked about how your 2 favorite players were Lebron and Dirk.

Not a word about Dirk out of you since the series has been over, but a hell of a lot of Lebron defending. Wonder why.

Poor Lebron, he was born with a gift and he's had attention on him because of it. I really feel for him.
Ok. I defend him because I love him and would like to have his babies.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 06-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
What is there to admit? I had the Mavs in 6. Its too simplistic to say that an entire team "tightened up" in every game in the final six minutes with the exception of the two games they won. How does that really make any sense? How does Dwyane Wade tightening up make any sense?

Dirk was lights out. So was Terry for that matter in the last few games. If I am reading you right, the final six minutes is all that mattered and the mavs were better for more games during the final six minutes than the heat were and that is because they are better "closers". Is that right? And does that make sense to someone like yourself who obviously understands the game?

The closing is just the product of what happened during the beginning and middle games. Same with football, boxing, chess or any other game that tests stamina of the mind and/or body. Only an idiot would deny this indelible truth.

Fine work,Dahla-kins.

I rode your coattails to victory....thanks so much.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Ok. I defend him because I love him and would like to have his babies.

I found this highly amusing....exquisite work.