Mavs over Nuggets 4-3

Cavs over Hawks 4-2
Celtics over Magic 4-3

Conference finals:
Lakers over Mavs 4-1
Cavs over Celtics 4-1

Finals:
Cavs over Lakers 4-3

I think that the Lakers got a horrible draw. Even though they will get past Utah, the Jazz gives them tough games often and are very tough at home. They play a physical style that will it a short but physically demanding series. They follow that up the Portland/Houston winner. I think they get past that series too but we all know how tough Portland plays them, especially in Portland and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it go seven. If it's Houston, the Lakers would have an easier time of winning but it would be probably tougher physically. Their best hope then would be having Dallas in the conference finals cause then they could rest. Whoever it is in the conference finals would be easier for them than what they will get in the first two rounds.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-17-2009, 11:40 AM
Havre de Grace

Denver swept Dallas this year and the Mavs have struggled in Denver for years. If the Mavs get by the Spurs, and that's an if because Parker is going to go berserk, they will be throttled by Denver.

I am a hometown guy for sure, but I think the Rockets will beat Portland. Nate McMillan is a horrible coach, especially in the playoffs, and he was a mile behind every time the Rockets made an adjustment when they played two weeks ago. Brandon Roy will give the Rockets trouble, but I think the youth and inexperience may be as much a hindrance as it is advantage.

Either way, the lead-up to the Finals is much ado about nothing as Boston cannot stay with Cleveland minus KG and the Lakers are going to roll.

NT
Old 04-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I think you're way off on how hard it will be for the Lakers. They are healthy finally and the only team that is going to give them a series is the Cavs. They'll beat them 4-2.
hoss you maybe the expert in horse racing , but , king knows his hoops

looks to me like the cavs will coast to the finals, with KG out , not much resistance for Lebron
Old 04-17-2009, 02:59 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I think you're way off on how hard it will be for the Lakers. They are healthy finally and the only team that is going to give them a series is the Cavs. They'll beat them 4-2.
What's going to be to their advantage is that they will probably win both early round series in 5-6 games. But while it may only be five games against Utah, their physical style will take more out of them than a seven game series would against the Mavs or Suns. Utah sucks big time on the road but at home they are very tough and though the Lakers are far superior talent wise, the matchup might not be so great for them. Okur will force Bynum to have to come away from the basket and then they have nobody that can stop Williams from getting to the basket. If I were Phil, I'd be most concerned with Utah than with any team in the West. Then you are looking at Portland or Houston. Portland gives them fits up there. I think the last time the Lakers won in Portland, Nixon was president. It's been a nightmare for a couple of years. The Lakers handle them pretty well at home though. The advantage against Portland is that the Blazers will be drawn into an uptempo game against them much like Michigan St was against UNC and they can't beat the Lakers more than twice that way. If they get Houston, while they again are far superior talent wise, the Rockets like to slow the games down to a walk and like the Jazz, they possess a physical challenge that you don't really want to see. I don't see any team in the West having a chance to beat the Lakers at all but I think the worst matchups for them come in the first two rounds and could wear them down just enough to give Cleveland the edge.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Jerome Park

The Celts are going to beat the Magic without Garnett? That's rich. They'll be lucky to beat the Bulls.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:21 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
The Celts are going to beat the Magic without Garnett? That's rich. They'll be lucky to beat the Bulls.

andy - stick to the horses that is your niche , i assure you "king" has you outclassed in hoops
Old 04-17-2009, 06:25 PM
Jerome Park

I'll talk about whatever I want and considering I watch hundreds of pro hoops games every year I'll assume I'm qualified to share my opinion.

Sorry if thinking that the Magic can beat the Garnett-less Celtics is such an unreasonable opinion that you need to chastise me.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:32 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I'll talk about whatever I want and considering I watch hundreds of pro hoops games every year I'll assume I'm qualified to share my opinion.

Sorry if thinking that the Magic can beat the Garnett-less Celtics is such an unreasonable opinion that you need to chastise me.

yes you are qualified , and you are entitled to your opinion , he has the series going 7 so it won't be a shock if they do beat the celtics

just remember where your circle of competence is
Old 04-17-2009, 06:42 PM
Jerome Park

I tell you what, Gales, if you stop posting in the racing threads, I will stop posting in off-topic threads.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Oriental Park

hoss you and andy are #1 and 1A in horses , just don't expect that form to translate onto the hardwood against "the king"
Old 04-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I tell you what, Gales, if you stop posting in the racing threads, I will stop posting in off-topic threads.
do i get to keep my viewing rights if i agree to this?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
do i get to keep my viewing rights if i agree to this?

You can do whatever the hell you want.....but considering the number of ridiculous things you post about racing, you have a lot of nerve questioning anyone posting anything, anywhere, on any message board.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:50 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
You can do whatever the hell you want.....but considering the number of ridiculous things you post about racing, you have a lot of nerve questioning anyone posting anything, anywhere, on any message board.

i have a feeling now is not a good time to ask for a summer job at nyra?

maybe just belmont stakes day, i'm good a directing traffic
Old 04-17-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Hey, I've watched thousands upon thousands of races and yet according to you, I'm not qualified to comment on them.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious
Hey, I've watched thousands upon thousands of races and yet according to you, I'm not qualified to comment on them.

king - maybe Andy wants to become the "gales" of the sports sections , i'm trying to warn him , but , just like me he doesn't want to listen
Old 04-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
1st round predictions:

Lakers over Jazz 4-1
Nuggets over Hornets 4-3
Mavs over Spurs 4-2
Blazers over Rockets 4-3

Cavs over Pistons 4-0
Celtics over Bulls 4-2
Magic over Sixers 4-1
Hawks over Heat 4-3

2nd round:
Lakers over Blazers 4-2
Mavs over Nuggets 4-3

Cavs over Hawks 4-2
Celtics over Magic 4-3

Conference finals:
Lakers over Mavs 4-1
Cavs over Celtics 4-1

Finals:
Cavs over Lakers 4-3

I think that the Lakers got a horrible draw. Even though they will get past Utah, the Jazz gives them tough games often and are very tough at home. They play a physical style that will it a short but physically demanding series. They follow that up the Portland/Houston winner. I think they get past that series too but we all know how tough Portland plays them, especially in Portland and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it go seven. If it's Houston, the Lakers would have an easier time of winning but it would be probably tougher physically. Their best hope then would be having Dallas in the conference finals cause then they could rest. Whoever it is in the conference finals would be easier for them than what they will get in the first two rounds.
Lakers 4-2 over Jazz
Nuggets 4-2 over Hornets
Spurs 4-3 over Mavs
Rockets 4-3 over Blazers

Cavs 4-0 over Pistons
Celtics 4-2 over Bulls
Magic 4-0 over Sixers
Heat 4-3 over Hawks

[u]2nd rd[u]
Lakers 4-3 over Rockets
Spurs 4-3 over Nuggets

Cavs 4-1 over Heat
Magic 4-2 over Celts

Conf finals
Lakers 4-1 over Spurs
Cavs 4-2 over Magic

Finals
Cavs 4-2 over Lakers
Old 04-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
considering I watch hundreds of pro hoops games every year
Why?
Old 04-17-2009, 09:09 PM
pgardn

1st round
Lakers over Jazz 4-1
Rockets over Blazers 4-3
Nuggets over Hornets 4-2
Spurs over Mavs 4-2

Cavs over Pistons 4-0
Heat over Hawks 4-3
Celtics over Bulls 4-2
Magic over Sixers 4-0

2nd round:
Lakers over Rockets 4-1
Spurs over Nuggets 4-3

Cavs over Heat 4-1
Magic over Celts 4-3

Conference finals:
Lakers over Spurs 4-0
Cavs over Magic 4-2

Finals:
Lakers over Cavs 4-3

WHAT?

way too close to agreeing with Cannon ball...
I need to change something.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:40 PM

I simply don't see any team capable of upsetting either the Cavs or the Lakers...I will be VERY surprised if they don't reach the finals. I think this will be Kobe's year, Lakers 4-2 in finals but I admit that's more hunch than anything! Magic are still a year away imo and Celtics simply can't matchup without KG, nobody in the west can seriously challenge the Lakers.
Old 04-18-2009, 05:18 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
1st round predictions:

Lakers over Jazz 4-1
Nuggets over Hornets 4-3
Mavs over Spurs 4-2
Blazers over Rockets 4-3

Cavs over Pistons 4-0
Celtics over Bulls 4-2
Magic over Sixers 4-1
Hawks over Heat 4-3

2nd round:
Lakers over Blazers 4-2
Mavs over Nuggets 4-3

Cavs over Hawks 4-2
Celtics over Magic 4-3

Conference finals:
Lakers over Mavs 4-1
Cavs over Celtics 4-1

Finals:
Cavs over Lakers 4-3

Lakers over Jazz 4-1: Too much size
Hornets over Nuggets 4-2: Cp3 and Dwest keep nuggets stuck in first round
Spurs over Mavs 4-2: Mavs are done as a top team. kidd trade horrible
Blazers over Rockets 4-3: Blazers have phalanx of bigs for Yao

Cavs over Pistons 4-1: Old Pistons have enough to take at least 1 game
Celtics over Bulls 4-1: No KG, but still too much for bulls
Heat over Hawks 4-2: Dwade and crew played very well over late months
Magic over Sixers 4-1: Sixers turned it around this year. Howard too much

Round 2

Lakers over Blazers 4-3: Lakers havent won in Rose garden in a while
No over spurs 4-2: Young legs thwart another spurs run

Cavs over Heat 4-2: Cavs arent a great road team and Heat will take a couple.

Celtics over Magic 4-3: Tough call. Homecourt game 7 and perimeter defense the difference.

Cavs over Celtics 4-2: Lebron Cavs

Lakers over NO 4-1: Kobe lakers

Final: Lakers over Cavs 4-2