Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Del Mar

[quote=King Glorious]It's not that the Jets did anything wrong but in essence, what they told Pennington was the they were trying to get to a place that they didn't think he was equipped to lead them to. QUOTE]

I think that you have hit on the point that some are missing. Regardless of the success that Pennington had this season, the jets felt that he was not equipped with the arm to lead them to a superbowl.

The jets should be commended for taking the chance and spending the money in the attempt to win the ultimate prize. For all of Favre's shortcomings, he was just a few snaps away from the superbowl last year and he has done it before.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:49 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Sorry my man.
That team is nowhere near as good.

Who besides Wayne does he have as a deep threat?
Do you watch football? That was a first down at a time team.
And thats what Clark was used for.
I never knew teams need more than one deep threat. I'm not saying they are as good as year's past, primarily due to Harrison's numbers decline, but they are still head and shoulders above most teams in that dept.

and yes I WATCH football. Very heedfully mind you.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-04-2009, 12:56 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
I never knew teams need more than one deep threat. I'm not saying they are as good as year's past, primarily due to Harrison's numbers decline, but they are still head and shoulders above most teams in that dept.

and yes I WATCH football. Very heedfully mind you.
Manning made Harrison this season. Did you see how many balls he dropped.
He has a hard time getting open anymore. I dont think he starts on many other teams besides the Colts because Manning and Harrison know each other.

Many of these other teams also had a running game, or a running back that was helpful. Exactly who did Manning have to help back there? No Westbrook
in that backfield. McNabb without Westbrook... think about that.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:04 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
Manning made Harrison this season. Did you see how many balls he dropped.
He has a hard time getting open anymore. I dont think he starts on many other teams besides the Colts because Manning and Harrison know each other.

Many of these other teams also had a running game, or a running back that was helpful. Exactly who did Manning have to help back there? No Westbrook
in that backfield. McNabb without Westbrook... think about that.

NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please NO.

Although we did beat the Steelers without 36.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-04-2009, 01:10 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
NO. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Please NO.

Although we did beat the Steelers without 36.
Westbrook is incredible.
Peterson or Westbrook and you can start a team.
Old 01-04-2009, 01:40 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I agree with a good portion of this. it was all business, but i can see how it would have come across as personal. I just want to know where all of these pennington supporters were before the season. because let me tell you, I've sat through plenty of games at the Meadowlands to know that Pennington was not this well thought of the last 3 or so years by many people.

You go out in public?
Old 01-04-2009, 01:48 PM
Sha Tin

Favre showed up in a Dolphins uni today...
Old 01-04-2009, 04:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Favre showed up in a Dolphins uni today...
When Pennington throws a pick, or a pass, it looks like the 8-9yr old female representative in a PPK contest
Old 01-05-2009, 02:59 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
Right, so what did they do wrong? Signing Favre? Again, looks bad now. Not so bad when the season started, and really not so bad when the Jets were 8-4 and had just beat the Titans.
They didn't sign Favre, they gave up a third round pick for him. So in essence, they gave up Pennington, a 3rd round pick, and took a cap hit of $6 million for releasing Pennington in exchange for Favre knowing it would be for 1 to 2 years max. Not the best deal. They should have shipped Pennington to Minnesota for a conditional 7th rounder instead of just dumping him. Considering Minnesota was the #5 rushing team this year, the #6 defense, and third worst in the league in percentage of passes intercepted they might have been incredibly good this year with Pennington.