Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2008, 07:02 PM
pgardn

If the Jets fire Mangini after this season...
then they are who we thought they were.

Last edited by pgardn : 12-28-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:38 PM
Sha Tin

Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Sha Tin

Old 12-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3795922
Old 12-28-2008, 08:07 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Whatever he does is fine, todays game was worth it.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:31 PM
Flemington

There is a chance that Parcells does leave, depending how deep the fish go in the playoffs. Since he left the Giants Mr Parcells has only taken jobs with nothing but tremendous upside.

1993 takes over in NE after they go 2-14 the year before. Leaves after they win the AFC championship in 1996.

1997 takes over a team that when 1-15 the year before. Leaves after going 8-8 in 1999 (I believe that's the year Testaverde got hurt very early in the season). But he did have them less than a half away from going to the Super Bowl, blowing a second half lead at Denver. They went 12-4 that season.

2003 Goes to Dallas and takes over a team that went 5-11 the prior season. Also with an owner who will throw out the bucks. Was there 4 seasons and made the playoffs twice. He had 4 different QB's in 4 years. The last year was the Romo dropping the snap in Seattle.

2008 Helps build a team that was 1-15 the year before. If they go deep here, he might think that his work is done in Miami.
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Maybe now Nantz and Simms will stop gargling Chad's kids between every play. One turnover called back, and there's another one that stands. I don't remember Chad getting his knob slobbed this much when he was with the Jets.
you lost , your team sucks and so does that re -re bret farve..hata/
Old 12-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
you lost , your team sucks and so does that re -re bret farve..hata/
How did the Bears do?

Oh wait, you jumped off their bandwagon a while ago. I'm starting a Yahoo pool to see who can guess Hooves' 2009 team.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Coach Pants

Old 12-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Goodwood

Mangini...

OUT.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Goodwood

Where is the Gruden........out post?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
Where is the Gruden........out post?
that was tough to watch. even the Bucs defense collapsed the last couple games. monte kiffin leaving for ut, Bucs might be a mess too.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM
The Curragh

I am VERY surprised, although I think he earned his unemployment. I just didn't think Woody Johnson was the type of owner to make a move like this. I only hope that he and Tannenbaum did this because they have a CLEAR plan on who will be next. Mangini wasn't imcompetent, just nothing special. The fact of the matter is Tannenbaum should be on thin ice as well. Nothing hurts an organization more than screwing up a top 10 pick, and until proven otherwise, by choosing Gholsten, that's exactly what they did.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer
I am VERY surprised, although I think he earned his unemployment. I just didn't think Woody Johnson was the type of owner to make a move like this. I only hope that he and Tannenbaum did this because they have a CLEAR plan on who will be next. Mangini wasn't imcompetent, just nothing special. The fact of the matter is Tannenbaum should be on thin ice as well. Nothing hurts an organization more than screwing up a top 10 pick, and until proven otherwise, by choosing Gholsten, that's exactly what they did.
This seems to be a flat out buisness descion. Negativity in Jet land is at an all time high. Blowing a season after a 8-3 start which included a convincing win on the road against arguably the best team in the leauge at the time is unacceptable. Losing 4 games on the west coast against 3 non playoff teams doesn't bode well too. Factor that in with the PSL's that the team is trying to sell to the public and it creates a bigger Sh!T Storm. Basically the fans wanted his head and I think Woody gave it to them. I personally didn't think that he was that good of a coach. He never seem to make any sort of adjustments during the games. Plus they always seemed to give up on the run to early. Also Leon Washington doens't get enough touches.
As far as Tannenbaum goes, he accquired guys that did make the team better. They were 8-3 with the same personnel. 1-4 against 4 non playoff teams doesn't go on the GM, that's goes on the team and the coaching staff. As far as the draft goes, they really don't have the best luck when it comes to drafting anyway. Even if Gholston turned out to be something, how much of a difference would have he really made?
Who they are going to bring in is a different question. I don't have the slightest idea who will be the next coach. I do know that the 2 biggest fish want to be coach and GM (Cowher,Holmgren). Maybe Tannenbaum will take another job in the organization for the benifit of the team.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:09 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
This seems to be a flat out buisness descion. Negativity in Jet land is at an all time high. Blowing a season after a 8-3 start which included a convincing win on the road against arguably the best team in the leauge at the time is unacceptable. Losing 4 games on the west coast against 3 non playoff teams doesn't bode well too. Factor that in with the PSL's that the team is trying to sell to the public and it creates a bigger Sh!T Storm. Basically the fans wanted his head and I think Woody gave it to them. I personally didn't think that he was that good of a coach. He never seem to make any sort of adjustments during the games. Plus they always seemed to give up on the run to early. Also Leon Washington doens't get enough touches.
As far as Tannenbaum goes, he accquired guys that did make the team better. They were 8-3 with the same personnel. 1-4 against 4 non playoff teams doesn't go on the GM, that's goes on the team and the coaching staff. As far as the draft goes, they really don't have the best luck when it comes to drafting anyway. Even if Gholston turned out to be something, how much of a difference would have he really made?
Who they are going to bring in is a different question. I don't have the slightest idea who will be the next coach. I do know that the 2 biggest fish want to be coach and GM (Cowher,Holmgren). Maybe Tannenbaum will take another job in the organization for the benifit of the team.

Considering the pass rush was non-existent midway through the season, and certainly in the last 5 games, he or anyone else who could get to the qb would have made a big difference. Gholsten couldn't even get himself in uniform late in the season.

The 8-3 start was as big a testament to the last place schedule they were presented with this season as anything else. The 1-4 finish was just the Jets being, well, the Jets. But I hold everyone from coaches to GM's to the players responsible. They voted for the Pro Bowl a few weeks too early.

ESPN just reported that Cowher is interested in speaking with the Jets. Perhaps he is the plan.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
Sha Tin

Since when has the Coach/GM thing been a good idea? I think cowher is a good coach but as far as I know has zero experience as a GM and are you gonna give him 10 million a year to learn on the job?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHoss9698
I might have to take back the pies I gave Matt, because you hit the nail on the head here. The pass rush was a disgrace. And the Jets just being the Jets is also dead on. But that was a different team the last 5 games then we saw when they were winning 4 in a row. I just hope they don't bring in a guy like Marty Shottenheimer. And I have no idea what they are going to do with the QB situation. Hopefully Favre retires, but Clemens isn't the answer. Another fun off season as a Jets fan....
They weren't the same team. Talk about mentally fragile. One bad game against Denver, then the bottom falls out. Kris Jenkins DISAPEARED, and I believe he was basically a masking agent (kind of like andro) for the major deficiencies of that defense. Did Kerry Rhodes make even 1 play all season? Perhaps that game in Nashville was their Super Bowl?

I can't think of one good reason why Favre should return. If his shoulder was bad, he was hurting the team playing through it. If it wasn't, well he's just washed up. You know what else was strange in the final 5 games? Suddenly, none of the receivers were capable of getting open.. and against some of the worst pass defenses in the league???... ABSURD and DISGRACEFUL.
Which is why Mangini got what he deserved.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Randwyck

Favre better put in a full season of conditioning, if not, its time to retire.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:32 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
Favre's not going to put in a full season of conditioning, its time to retire.
FTFY.
Do you really think at this point of his career, that he is going to spend the off season conditioning to learn another totally different scheme?
I really think the only way Favre stays is if the JETS throw enough money at Mike Holmgren that he forgets about taking a sabatical and asks Brett to stay on for another year. Otherwise, Brett will be reciting that same retirement speech from last season.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Coach Pants

I just find it odd that Bellychick's assistants, for the most part, have failed as head coaches.

It's also odd that the Patriots haven't been as dominant since they were caught CHEATING. GOD DAMN CHEATERS.!!!