Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwkniska
if they end up in any foul trouble at all, they're in deep trouble at center.
center is not an important position in international rules. Most of the intl centers play outside anyway becaue of the lane setup. Howard and Bosh will do fine.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:27 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
We crushed everyone. But those are very weak teams.
Argentina, Greece, Spain. We have to beat these guys.
Argentina will most likely not have Ginobili.

Can you give me one other thing and I will be OK with
our team. Make Kobe promise he will play defense like he
did during those games. Can you give me that...
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I hate to tell you this but you have no idea what you are talking about.
What does anthony getting a DUI have to do with basketball?
Wade shut it down because his team was a 100 games out of it and they wanted to lose to get a better draft choice. The best defensive player on the team is Kobe. Just watch when he actually tries. We have got our tails kicked for 2 reasons. One was that we didnt respect the foreign players because very few of them had made an impact in the NBA which is not the case now.The other reason was they slapped together teams without regard for positions, and guys like Shaq couldnt be bothered playing or making a commitment. This team has already played together last summer and you have a good team concept.

by the way they would beat the celtics 100 out of 100 if they played a 100 games.
Okay Chuck I have no idea what I am talking about.....

Playing in the Olympics is an honor. To represent your country is a priviledge not a right and if your going to say that we hurt the team by denying Anthony a spot I am going to tell you that's BS.

If you are being punished for crimes that bring shame to the NBA, your team and the game than maybe a spot on the Olympic team is not the right message to send here today. If you don't have your personal life together you don't get the honor associated with being awarded a spot on the team.

It's kinda like the outrage over TP winning an Eclipse as a trainer a couple years ago while being disciplined by racing for medication violations that year, regardless of what they were or whether they were just or deserved suspensions. You cheat, get caught, you don't get the honor from your peers.

Yes Chuck as a member of the moron society who actually has been around basketball for 4 decades, playing and coaching, I'll just step aside to your obvious genius and bow before your feet for the sin of having an opinion and participating in a discussion that differs from your own ideas. Because your a big boy Chuck doesn't mean your a basketball genius who's ideas are beyond reproach
Old 06-23-2008, 09:43 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3

Playing in the Olympics is an honor. To represent your country is a priviledge not a right and if your going to say that we hurt the team by denying Anthony a spot I am going to tell you that's BS.

If you are being punished for crimes that bring shame to the NBA, your team and the game than maybe a spot on the Olympic team is not the right message to send here today. If you don't have your personal life together you don't get the honor associated with being awarded a spot on the team.

It's kinda like the outrage over TP winning an Eclipse as a trainer a couple years ago while being disciplined by racing for medication violations that year, regardless of what they were or whether they were just or deserved suspensions. You cheat, get caught, you don't get the honor from your peers.

Yes Chuck as a member of the moron society who actually has been around basketball for 4 decades, playing and coaching, I'll just step aside to your obvious genius and bow before your feet for the sin of having an opinion and participating in a discussion that differs from your own ideas. Because your a big boy Chuck doesn't mean your a basketball genius who's ideas are beyond reproach

Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:

Please spare me the patriotism. This is about winning. The olympics are not exactly the pure clean competition that you are making it out to be. Anthony did not commit a violation that had anything to do with basketball so the Pletcher comparisons are a stretch. If you are so biased against Anthony that you cant see his role on the team than so be it.

If you know so much about basketball then you would know that this team has been 3 years in the making and the guys you moaned about not being selected had no interest in being part of it till now, a month before the games begin. Allen couldnt make the team simply because he has a bad ankle and isnt the best option at his position anyway. If you had even read one thing about the team's makeup you would have seen that the reasons your guys arent there are they didnt care enough to be a part of it. That aint opinion, its fact.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:19 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Please spare me the patriotism. This is about winning. The olympics are not exactly the pure clean competition that you are making it out to be. Anthony did not commit a violation that had anything to do with basketball so the Pletcher comparisons are a stretch. If you are so biased against Anthony that you cant see his role on the team than so be it.

If you know so much about basketball then you would know that this team has been 3 years in the making and the guys you moaned about not being selected had no interest in being part of it till now, a month before the games begin. Allen couldnt make the team simply because he has a bad ankle and isnt the best option at his position anyway. If you had even read one thing about the team's makeup you would have seen that the reasons your guys arent there are they didnt care enough to be a part of it. That aint opinion, its fact.
Your Avitar couldn't be more perfect.........
Old 06-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Your Avitar couldn't be more perfect.........
I thought you would like it
Old 06-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Santa Anita

Honestly, replacing Bosh with Garnett or Anthony with Pierce...is that really gonna make a massive difference?? The Cavs are not allowing Ilgauskas to participate on the Lithuanian squad anyway making this entire discussion moot...the gold is assured!!

Jesus...these Boston fans get titles in every single sport every single season, and they are still complaining.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:51 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

For the record, I'm glad there are no Celtics on the Olympic team. There are too many miles on their legs as it is. On top of that, I don't really give a flying crap about the Olympics.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
For the record, I'm glad there are no Celtics on the Olympic team. There are too many miles on their legs as it is. On top of that, I don't really give a flying crap about the Olympics.

I know it sounds unpatriotic... but I dont really give a damn who wins the basketball gold in the olympics. I actually dont mind seeing our selfish street ball players get beat by a bunch of short guys who play great team basketball...

I'm glad to see some NBA teams going back to team basketball... you can tell those teams are much better than teams like Denver where you have guys like Iverson and Anthony who just want the #'s for themselves.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32
I know it sounds unpatriotic... but I dont really give a damn who wins the basketball gold in the olympics. I actually dont mind seeing our selfish street ball players get beat by a bunch of short guys who play great team basketball...

I'm glad to see some NBA teams going back to team basketball... you can tell those teams are much better than teams like Denver where you have guys like Iverson and Anthony who just want the #'s for themselves.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:46 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32

Can ya throw another cliche in there?

Most of the other countries guys are pros too. We lost one olympics where 10 of the 12 guys chosen for the team declined to participate including Garnett. Our point guards were Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury, on the same team!!! I know very few of you guys really follow the NBA but that combination would be considered beyond poor chemistrywise, maybe lethal would be a better word. Lamar odom got a ton of minutes. Duncan was in foul trouble from the first minute of the first game. It should not have been a shock that they lost. Starbury has pretty much sunk every team he was ever on.

Im so happy that the celtics are back to showing the NBA how to play "team" basketball. Of course having three hall of fame players may have had something to do with it? The Celtics of the 80's played great "team" basketball. of course having 4 Hall of famers may have had something to do with that. It seems so much easier to play "team" basketball when you have great players.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Can ya throw another cliche in there?

Most of the other countries guys are pros too. We lost one olympics where 10 of the 12 guys chosen for the team declined to participate including Garnett. Our point guards were Allen Iverson and Stephon Marbury, on the same team!!! I know very few of you guys really follow the NBA but that combination would be considered beyond poor chemistrywise, maybe lethal would be a better word. Lamar odom got a ton of minutes. Duncan was in foul trouble from the first minute of the first game. It should not have been a shock that they lost. Starbury has pretty much sunk every team he was ever on.

Im so happy that the celtics are back to showing the NBA how to play "team" basketball. Of course having three hall of fame players may have had something to do with it? The Celtics of the 80's played great "team" basketball. of course having 4 Hall of famers may have had something to do with that. It seems so much easier to play "team" basketball when you have great players.
i think we should play our scrubs..nba guys with the least amount of min in a season..make a team of them..who cares what team they are from.. better than the super star squad with no heart. a team..
Old 06-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead
i think we should play our scrubs..nba guys with the least amount of min in a season..make a team of them..who cares what team they are from.. better than the super star squad with no heart. a team..
We sent a bad team last time. Heart had nothing to do with it. I will make a wager with anyone who wants some. For the gold or game by game.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
We sent a bad team last time. Heart had nothing to do with it. I will make a wager with anyone who wants some. For the gold or game by game.
I haven't read the rest of the thread but I see 'wager' so what is it? I think the US won't lose a game....
Old 06-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
I haven't read the rest of the thread but I see 'wager' so what is it? I think the US won't lose a game....
Well I guess it's better than the PG1985 jinx...
Old 06-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Well I guess it's better than the PG1985 jinx...
So your saying that you like them also?

There isn't a single person in the NBA that can guard Dwight Howard, imagine what he is going to do to lesser competition.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:55 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
So your saying that you like them also?

There isn't a single person in the NBA that can guard Dwight Howard, imagine what he is going to do to lesser competition.
He isnt a 'team' player, he just does those Streetball, selfish dunks and block shots. Kendrick Perkins would have been a much better selection and Powe could have backed him up. They are champions you know...
Old 06-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
He isnt a 'team' player, he just does those Streetball, selfish dunks and block shots. Kendrick Perkins would have been a much better selection and Powe could have backed him up. They are champions you know...
If I had the opportunity to pick ONE player in the NBA to build my team around, it would be Dwight Howard. You couldn't build a better speciman in regards to a basketball player. I would surround him with a Nocini type forward(crazy looking euro that drains and causes fights), a point guard that can pass and hit the 15ft jumper, and two shooting guards that he could dump to when he gets double teamed.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Jerome Park

Quote: