Old 05-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Brick.
BONK!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:06 AM
Santa Anita

LeBron lost the game...but to be fair Z took 18 shots...same number as LeBron. Wally took 14. Down 68-65...the ball was passed from LeBron to the open Gibson for a 3 that tied the game. Tied 68-68, LeBron passed to an open Z who made the shot to put them up 70-68. Down 72-70 LeBron drove for a layup with 3 guys converging on him...(of course he missed but it opened up the lane for an offensive rebound to tie it again.) It is certainly not true that in key parts of the game LeBron is taking every single shot (he took 3 shots in the 4th quarter game 4 in Washington.) Now down 74-72 with 20 seconds left I think if you can get James to penetrate that is the play to run. He did get to the lane for a layup...a difficult one but certainly one he can make. I prefer what happened there than James dribbling for 18 seconds and taking a fade away 3 pointer at the buzzer. The penetration potentially opens up the offensive rebound but it didn't happen that time.

As miserable as he was, things were still happening. They played hard.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Thistley Downs

I suppose farm animal noises are next.

The 5 Stevies......oh yes. The wunderkind of handicapping....the Stevie 5 Angels of the racing world. Oh they are so smart---oh we listen to everything they say.

Well here's what they said,,,,essentially.

PHOOEY!!

PHOOEYPHOOEYPHOOEY!!!

This is the worst KD field I have ever seen in my life....it's HORRIBLE.I can't even pick a winner. The ONLY horse here with talent is BB...and it could be immense talent,but I can't bet a 5:2 with a weaker foundation than a Polish drill rig in the Atlantic who is running out of the TWENTY hole!!

No friggin' way....lotsa luck to those of you who think you can pick a winner in this pathetic mess.

That's what they said.......essentially if not verbatim.

Now....did any one of us ignorant,brainless dumb fucl<s spend one ounce of private positive thinking time on this?

NO!!

No one said......Uh---Steve. I hear what you're saying....but isn't what you are really saying---the essence,if you will........that this is EXACTLY the right time to bet a horse with the only real talent in this race comprised of SLOTH???

Doesn't this make sense?

Can't we trade off 3 races and the 20 hole for this COMPLETELY TALENTLESS GROUP OF ANT HILL DESTROYERS?????

Did anyone say that?

No.

Why?

Because we love our STEVIES!!...OH BOY!

Our STEVIES are sooo smart and ALWAYS right.....oh they know what they are doing ,boy.

'Cause it's STEVIE this....and STEVIE that......and PLEASE GUIDE US BLIND FOOLS STEVIE!!

OH WE LOVE OUR FUCl<IN' STEVIES!!!!!

Last edited by Mortimer : 05-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:17 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse
LeBron lost the game...but to be fair Z took 18 shots...same number as LeBron. Wally took 14. Down 68-65...the ball was passed from LeBron to the open Gibson for a 3 that tied the game. Tied 68-68, LeBron passed to an open Z who made the shot to put them up 70-68. Down 72-70 LeBron drove for a layup with 3 guys converging on him...(of course he missed but it opened up the lane for an offensive rebound to tie it again.) It is certainly not true that in key parts of the game LeBron is taking every single shot (he took 3 shots in the 4th quarter game 4 in Washington.) Now down 74-72 with 20 seconds left I think if you can get James to penetrate that is the play to run. He did get to the lane for a layup...a difficult one but certainly one he can make. I prefer what happened there than James dribbling for 18 seconds and taking a fade away 3 pointer at the buzzer. The penetration potentially opens up the offensive rebound but it didn't happen that time.

Did Z have 10 fucl<in' turnovers????
Old 05-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Thistley Downs

On a positive note...Fransisco here...Michaels....NOT.

Old 05-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Thistley Downs

And CM Oreo is trying to make it the 6 Stevies.

God help us if that ever happens.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Santa Anita

Who are stevies??

No Z didn't have 10 turnovers. I said LeBron lost the game in my first sentence. I can see that. My posts are purity which make clearly obvoius un-refutable points which are gold which is why you can only respond as you do.

The signs of not terrible play are there team wise. The assist to basket made ratio was way, way above seasonal norms the Washington series and yesterday it was 19 assists on 23 made baskets. All members of the team play a part in that including the terrible one. AFter blowing the game winning shot in game 5 against Wash, how did the frozen one play in game 6 on the road?? Of course no Avery comments on that game at all. 27, 13, 13, 1 turnover or something like that???

LeBron stunk and if he continues to play like that they will get swept. I dont' think he will continue to play like that. I could be wrong as I usually am, but the facts are when opportunities by the very good Boston D presented itself he found open guys in late 4th quarter game situations. I can't criticize his penetrating shot he took when down 2 with 8 second left either.

All was not lost last night however as J-honey went deep ( too bad he cant' face Pettite 162 games a year and was critical in the game winning rally against joba the hut.)!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 AM
Thistley Downs

MainCourse...I don't respond in detail to you because you always have a boat load of contradictions...and it hurts my eyes.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
MainCourse...I don't respond in detail to you because you always have a boat load of contradictions...and it hurts my eyes.
There are not contradictions anywhere. A guy can play a wretched overall game and still do a few good things at various selected points which is all I pointed out. THat is not a contradiction to say he made very good dishes to Gibson and Z on shots that tied the game and put them ahead late in the 4th quarter.

You oftentimes mistake pure facts as contradictions which is what makes your eyes hurt.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Thistley Downs

By the way.....James' azz should have been set down in that last 20 seconds or so ....make it ,essentially, a one on one game and let Mike Wilkens draw up a PLAY......for a change.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avery_Smartman
By the way.....James' azz should have been set down in that last 20 seconds or so ....make it ,essentially, a one on one game and let Mike Wilkens draw up a PLAY......for a change.
Cliff Lee's ERA was 27 in his last inning pitched. His next start should be skipped in the rotation. You are classic!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Cliff Lee's ERA was 27 in his last inning pitched. His next start should be skipped in the rotation. You are classic!!!

James was 2-16 during the game...and is one of the more inept 3 point shooters on the team.

You contradictions are legion.....so much that it blurs with reality....almost becoming in phase with it.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Thistley Downs

Hey Brown...you're sitting down 2-16 and 10 turnovers!!!?

Are you crazy!?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Thistley Downs

I would like to say this derby should become legend for the heart and talent displayed by EightBelles....ufortunately it will not.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Thistley Downs

Steve...can you ban MainCourse from the stupid threads?

Please?
Old 05-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Thistley Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
You were lucky to be in the game. Celtics were bad too

You're not getting away with that one...the inverse is also just as true.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:00 PM
Thistley Downs

Oh...MC EasyOut.

The 5 Stevies:

Byk,HasBeens,Tryst,Bayer and Sterling.

Last edited by Mortimer : 05-08-2008 at 03:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Coach Pants

We are all witnesses

to bricklayers
Old 05-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Thistley Downs

I understand the game was attended by the Free Masons.

They got quite a show.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Thistley Downs

Quote:

Oh let's be fairer:

Bonehead...39 mins......Z 37 mins.

Bonehead 2 of 18....Z 8 of 18 ( are you following this?)

Bonehead 10 turnovers....Z....3

OK?