Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 PM
pgardn

Default Dallas Cowboys

I think New England finally exposed what I think is a huge weakness in Dallas. They have very weak cover safties in Williams and that fella from Seattle. These two guys are fast linebackers, but they are terrible in coverage. New England burned them multiple times in the middle of the field because the safties played too far up or too far back (the old reason they are called saftey) cause the are slooooowwww.

The Dallas offensive line is now one of the best in the NFL however, which makes me sad as it still gives Dallas a shot in any game. Romo can feel the pocket very well. And Barber is a beast.

So I liked watching Dallas get beat. But it also showed me Dallas is really dangerous because of their offense. The Giants can beat Dallas. I just think they may be too far behind. Dallas will not lose to as many inferior teams as they have in the past.

It also showed me that New England is one of the most physical teams in the NFL. All this stuff about Belichick and his mind... hell they just go out and hit people in the face when things get tough. The NE line, both offensive and defensive are brawlers. And Seymore has yet to return...
Go Colts.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgardn
I think New England finally exposed what I think is a huge weakness in Dallas. They have very weak cover safties in Williams and that fella from Seattle. These two guys are fast linebackers, but they are terrible in coverage. New England burned them multiple times in the middle of the field because the safties played too far up or too far back (the old reason they are called saftey) cause the are slooooowwww.

The Dallas offensive line is now one of the best in the NFL however, which makes me sad as it still gives Dallas a shot in any game. Romo can feel the pocket very well. And Barber is a beast.

So I liked watching Dallas get beat. But it also showed me Dallas is really dangerous because of their offense. The Giants can beat Dallas. I just think they may be too far behind. Dallas will not lose to as many inferior teams as they have in the past.

It also showed me that New England is one of the most physical teams in the NFL. All this stuff about Belichick and his mind... hell they just go out and hit people in the face when things get tough. The NE line, both offensive and defensive are brawlers. And Seymore has yet to return...
Go Colts.

Lol... I could have told you that about the Cowgirls safeties two years ago. Roy boy couldnt cover ME. OK, maybe thats a falacy. Roy steady gets exposed in coverage. They do have one of the best shutdown corners in the game though in Newman. That kid can flat out fly. An offense like theirs sort of sweeps that glearing hole under the rug.

Off topic a bit. The first team to beat the Patriots this year will be the Washington Redskins. I hate to admit it because I hate the Hogs with a passion. My boys think I should be in a straight jacket for making this out on a limb selection. Look at their past. Every year they take down a great AFC team that they had no business in beating. This year it is the Pats. I will either pull this thread back up when it happens or I will eat a plate full of crow if they fail to do so. I almost got crucified when I told my cronies that I thought the SKins would beat our beloved Eagles before the season started.
Go Birds!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-16-2007, 09:34 PM
pgardn

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Lol... I could have told you that about the Cowgirls safeties two years ago. Roy boy couldnt cover ME. OK, maybe thats a falacy. Roy steady gets exposed in coverage. They do have one of the best shutdown corners in the game though in Newman. That kid can flat out fly. An offense like theirs sort of sweeps that glearing hole under the rug.

Off topic a bit. The first team to beat the Patriots this year will be the Washington Redskins. I hate to admit it because I hate the Hogs with a passion. My boys think I should be in a straight jacket for making this out on a limb selection. Look at their past. Every year they take down a great AFC team that they had no business in beating. This year it is the Pats. I will either pull this thread back up when it happens or I will eat a plate full of crow if they fail to do so. I almost got crucified when I told my cronies that I thought the SKins would beat our beloved Eagles before the season started.
Go Birds!
Totally agree about the Dallas corners. They are very good. I just cant believe they got Hamlin thinking it would help having two linebackers play safety.

Washington can beat any team. They know how to hang. Of course they can get beat by any team also. I am very suprised to see how athletic their QB is. A big change from past Redskin QB's with the possible exception of Williams who really just had a cannon arm while with the Skins.

Your poor beloved Eagles must have Brian Westbrook for good things to happen. McNabb needs to quit his whining and play. He is ruining the warrior image. Gotta have the Skins, Giants and Eagles thump the Cowboys. I think they all are capable under the right circumstances. The dream for me this year would have Dallas go on a big losing streak and not make the playoffs after starting 5-0. Still think the Dallas offensive line is too good though. Romo is gonna get lots of time to dance unless these giant linemen start getting beat up.