Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 10:35 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Braun avoided a suspension on a technical issue not because MLB likes white jewish guys. Obviously MLB has learned from its mistakes in the Braun case.

Plus you forgot that noted slugger Freddy Galvis who also got 50.
Hey there was Alex Sanchez
Old 08-23-2012, 03:24 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Though just to prove they mean business, old incarcerated bob (former WFAN NY frequent caller, also frequently wrong on many things such as Scoop Jardine point shaving issue) is now reporting that Fielder or Verlander have tested positive for something or other.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:12 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Braun avoided a suspension on a technical issue not because MLB likes white jewish guys. Obviously MLB has learned from its mistakes in the Braun case.

Plus you forgot that noted slugger Freddy Galvis who also got 50.
Ryan "Lance" Braun is one unlucky guy, everyone is out to get him. He just went to the local PED pusher to get information and now people think he is using using.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ryan-br...235650670.html
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 PM

What? But Braun said he never touched the stuff and that a sealed, tamper resistant package that followed chain of custody protocol was somehow tampered with in 2011? You mean he maybe wasn't exactly telling the truth?
Old 02-08-2013, 08:28 AM
Goodwood

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/89...ording-sources

Kershaw and Verlander are drooling.

Enjoy your last couple years of David Price Tampa Bay....
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM
Del Mar

I just took the rays at 25-1 to win the series. Do I have a shot?
Old 02-15-2013, 05:57 PM
Randwyck

no
Old 07-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Oriental Park

I guess there was more tampering.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...iggest-dipwad/
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 PM

Still can't believe people actually believed this guy.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Havre de Grace

they believed Lance Armstrong. 10 years ago after talking to a world class cyclist, he said in no uncertain terms that, NO ONE could dominate on the hills like Armstrong without something. Just not possible. I believed him.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Woodbine

Definitely disappointed in Braun and as a brewers fan you always wanted to believe him(even though you knew it was probably true) especially after his statement following his appeal.

For all you that knew he cheated and was on PED's do you think that less than 2% of NFL players are on something? How many NFL players actually test positive? I believe that most likely more than 50% of NFL players are on something. We are amazed by the recovery and amazing performance on players like Adrian Peterson. Do you really believe that they do this naturally? or do you think they are on something? I have talked to former assistant coaches of high level D1 college football programs and about 90% of the athletes are on something. Not to mention my best friend was a running back at a D2 program and he said 75% of the team was on something. I think as fans we only care when someone gets caught, but in the back of our mind we know that most of these elite athletes take something illegal. I truly believe as fans we would just rather not know and continue to turn our head to than to face reality.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
Definitely disappointed in Braun and as a brewers fan you always wanted to believe him(even though you knew it was probably true) especially after his statement following his appeal.

For all you that knew he cheated and was on PED's do you think that less than 2% of NFL players are on something? How many NFL players actually test positive? I believe that most likely more than 50% of NFL players are on something. We are amazed by the recovery and amazing performance on players like Adrian Peterson. Do you really believe that they do this naturally? or do you think they are on something? I have talked to former assistant coaches of high level D1 college football programs and about 90% of the athletes are on something. Not to mention my best friend was a running back at a D2 program and he said 75% of the team was on something. I think as fans we only care when someone gets caught, but in the back of our mind we know that most of these elite athletes take something illegal. I truly believe as fans we would just rather not know and continue to turn our head to than to face reality.
I don't really care what the athletes do. When caught I prefer them to take their suspention and stfu. I particularly do not want them to get the other people just doing their jobs fired. In this case the sample collector and the mediator both lost jobs while he said he was being wronged.
Old 07-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I don't really care what the athletes do. When caught I prefer them to take their suspention and stfu. I particularly do not want them to get the other people just doing their jobs fired. In this case the sample collector and the mediator both lost jobs while he said he was being wronged.
The arbitrator didn't lose his job because of Braun, the arbitrator lost his job because MLB didn't like the outcome and MLB hires the arbitrator. Dino Laurenzi Jr (sample collector) lost his job because he didn't do it properly thus allowing Braun to win the arbitration. Sometimes when you don't do your job properly or follow all guidelines you lose your job. That is what happens in life. Not to mention that all of this should have happened without our knowledge based on MLB's agreement with the players in regards to testing, results and arbitration. The public should not be aware until the arbitration is already over. MLB has a problem with leaks in their own office. Now with all that said what Braun did was wrong and he deserves what he gets, but to think he is the only major star out there doing this is a joke!
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiphan View Post
The arbitrator didn't lose his job because of Braun, the arbitrator lost his job because MLB didn't like the outcome and MLB hires the arbitrator. Dino Laurenzi Jr (sample collector) lost his job because he didn't do it properly thus allowing Braun to win the arbitration. Sometimes when you don't do your job properly or follow all guidelines you lose your job. That is what happens in life. Not to mention that all of this should have happened without our knowledge based on MLB's agreement with the players in regards to testing, results and arbitration. The public should not be aware until the arbitration is already over. MLB has a problem with leaks in their own office. Now with all that said what Braun did was wrong and he deserves what he gets, but to think he is the only major star out there doing this is a joke!
OK, the mediator was a stretch.

Thank you for explaining job responsibility to me. The fact remains that he knew he was juicing yet insisted on causing a stir which got the tester filed. The test would still have been dirty even if it was handled properly.

This sums it up for me
http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-braun-dop...050550708.html
Old 07-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
OK, the mediator was a stretch.

Thank you for explaining job responsibility to me. The fact remains that he knew he was juicing yet insisted on causing a stir which got the tester filed. The test would still have been dirty even if it was handled properly.

This sums it up for me
http://news.yahoo.com/ryan-braun-dop...050550708.html
With $100 of millions of dollars at stake, team in a playoff race (which happens only once every 20 years in Milwaukee), etc he did what he could to get out of it. Did he lie? yes. Was he wrong? yes. Would almost every other athlete of his stature do what he did if faced in the same situation and provided the same legal advice? my guess is in the neighborhood of 95% or more would.

If MLB doesn't leak the information and the public is unaware of the positive test and arbitration process then we wouldn't even be talking about this stuff.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Fairgrounds

Orioles acquire Francisco Rodriguez

The Baltimore Orioles bolstered their bullpen with a late-inning arm Tuesday, acquiring reliever Francisco Rodriguez from the last-place Milwaukee Brewers for minor league infielder Nick Delmonico.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/95...nick-delmonico
Old 07-24-2013, 11:51 AM
Hialeah Park

Someone should hold Aaron Rodgers to his comment as well. Wasn't he willing to wager his salary that his buddy Braun was innocent?

"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Someone should hold Aaron Rodgers to his comment as well. Wasn't he willing to wager his salary that his buddy Braun was innocent?

aar.jpg