Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
You're absolutely right. It's one game. A bad loss, but still one game. The sky wasn't falling after the Browns CRUSHED the Pats...or when the Jets did earlier in the year. It's not falling now either.

It's almost as if they were totally deflated after the awful challenge and missed FG in the 1st quarter. They need to get rid of Folk immediately. I don't care who they bring in. No excuses though...Pats kicked their ass tonight in every area.
Deciding to kick the FG there might have been the worst call I've ever seen a Jet coach make. Let me get this straight, your kicker is so shaky that you bring in Kris MF'ing Brown to work out and put pressure on him, but then, that same week, you kick a 54-yarder into the wind with that same kicker in the biggest game of the season down 3-0. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Deciding to kick the FG there might have been the worst call I've ever seen a Jet coach make. Let me get this straight, your kicker is so shaky that you bring in Kris MF'ing Brown to work out and put pressure on him, but then, that same week, you kick a 54-yarder into the wind with that same kicker in the biggest game of the season down 3-0. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.
Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure that it was scoreless at the time (actually the first drive of the game) and that he had the wind at his back.

Reguardless it was a horrible decision.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Not that it matters, but I'm pretty sure that it was scoreless at the time (actually the first drive of the game) and that he had the wind at his back.

Reguardless it was a horrible decision.
Nah, it was 3-0. Pats got the ball first and drove for 3. Just a completely inexplicable decision.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Flemington

I gave the Jets credit, even before the game I said Im growing to respect them. I find it huge comedy how the Jet fans can only discuss a decision to kick a field goal. I guess the other 47 minutes did not matter. I guess the defense playing like **** did not matter. Sanchez being what he really is?? I would be worried about the D and your QB not that decision.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Nah, it was 3-0. Pats got the ball first and drove for 3. Just a completely inexplicable decision.
Folk needs to go.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I gave the Jets credit, even before the game I said Im growing to respect them. I find it huge comedy how the Jet fans can only discuss a decision to kick a field goal. I guess the other 47 minutes did not matter. I guess the defense playing like **** did not matter. Sanchez being what he really is?? I would be worried about the D and your QB not that decision.
Run along and play. They got smacked. The decision to kick the FG was at a crucial point in the game. Sanchez is a good QB that still has issues throwing in the wind. Football games are not 47 minutes long.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Yeah, that and the challenge really set the tone for the game. I'm real concerned about the defense. Little to no pressure on Brady..or any QB for that matter this year.

I'm confident they are going to come back and play well on Sunday. But they are still have areas to work on. As I said last night, not getting the bye isn't the worst thing that could happen to them, considering the way they have played off a layoff this year.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
Yeah, that and the challenge really set the tone for the game. I'm real concerned about the defense. Little to no pressure on Brady..or any QB for that matter this year.

I'm confident they are going to come back and play well on Sunday. But they are still have areas to work on. As I said last night, not getting the bye isn't the worst thing that could happen to them, considering the way they have played off a layoff this year.
But it does make a tough road even tougher. There would be a chance that you would have to win at both Pittsburgh and New England. Not to mention a possible first round trip to Indianapolis or San Diego if either of those teams shold get in. I'm not saying that they are world beaters ( I like the Jaguars/Chiefs scenario much better), but I wouldn't want to have to go to Indy to face the Colts in the first round, despite how bad they have been the last 2 weeks. The AFC is scary.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
But it does make a tough road even tougher. There would be a chance that you would have to win at both Pittsburgh and New England. Not to mention a possible first round trip to Indianapolis or San Diego if either of those teams shold get in. I'm not saying that they are world beaters ( I like the Jaguars/Chiefs scenario much better), but I wouldn't want to have to go to Indy to face the Colts in the first round, despite how bad they have been the last 2 weeks. The AFC is scary.
It's a tough road for everyone. The AFC champ this year is going to have to beat really good teams to get to the superbowl. No surprise there.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:46 PM
Jerome Park

i'm going to go out on the limb and call it right now RHT style.

I think the NFC will win the superbowl this year. AFC is much tougher as a whole, but the cream of the crop NFC teams can compete with anyone on a given day... ala Packers/Giants/Falcons/Bears/Eagles/Saints.

Last edited by Antitrust32 : 12-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Flemington

Like I said over the summer it will come down to Baltimore and New England. Ill stick w/ that.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Like I said over the summer it will come down to Baltimore and New England. Ill stick w/ that.
So Flacco gets a pass for bitching up against the Steelers on Sunday but Sanchez sucks?
Old 12-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
So Flacco gets a pass for bitching up against the Steelers on Sunday but Sanchez sucks?
Flacco has ALL OF THE TOOLS (believing in him).
Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Coach Pants

The Steelers are riddled with injuries on offense and Baltimore still found a way to give them the game.

It was an abysmal performance by the Ravens. They would of been better off getting blown out like the Jets. A loss like Sunday night is much harder to take than a blowout.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
The Steelers are riddled with injuries on offense and Baltimore still found a way to give them the game.

It was an abysmal performance by the Ravens. They would of been better off getting blown out like the Jets. A loss like Sunday night is much harder to take than a blowout.
Well said. Roethlisberger's playing with a nose that looks like a hockey stick and one foot and they win the game. Somehow he gets the ball out when Suggs has him wrapped up.

I think if Pittsburgh and NE played again this week the result wouldn't be quite the same as it was the first time (I'm not saying Pitt would win) but the Pats team that played last night and against Pittsburgh will roll to the Super Bowl.