Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Hialeah Park

I should call Amaro and Co. and offer my services as a more affordable option to strike out in BIG spots. They ONLY pay Howard 25 mil a year to swing at air, maybe if I let them know the same result could be provided by me for a far much less price (thinking around 100k), they could save themselves some serious coin. They'd be getting the SAME result whether it's me up there or Ryan "Deer in Headlights" Howard. Talk about a TIN MAN?!?

Also, if it doesn't come out that Utley has been playing through an injury, then this team is in BIG trouble moving forward. The way he played down teh stretch and into the offseason was nothing short of laughable.

PS--the homeplate ump that didnt see the ball hit the batter in the shin last night should not hold a job. Clearly altered the course of the ball and allowed the run to come home. Almost as $hitty a call as the one pitch he called a strike that was about 3.5 miles out of the zone. I'm still not sure what was worse in this series (bc they were both equally horrible), the home plate umpires or the pitch tracker thing. Not sure which one made the other look like $hit, but you'd have to wonder if Helen Keller could've done a better job calling balls and strikes in this series.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Almost as $hitty a call as the one pitch he called a strike that was about 3.5 miles out of the zone. I'm still not sure what was worse in this series (bc they were both equally horrible), the home plate umpires or the pitch tracker thing. Not sure which one made the other look like $hit, but you'd have to wonder if Helen Keller could've done a better job calling balls and strikes in this series.
You mean the outside breaking ball (from a lefty) that supposibly caught the strike zone (for strike 3) against a right-handed batter? They called it a perfect pitch, but that sucker never got even close to getting into that strike zone.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:15 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
You mean the outside breaking ball (from a lefty) that supposibly caught the strike zone (for strike 3) against a right-handed batter? They called it a perfect pitch, but that sucker never got even close to getting into that strike zone.
Not the one I was talking about, but that one too. I want to say it was the 8th inning, and a left handed batter was up. The ball on the pitch tracker thing almost didnt even hit the fkn screen. Even my mom looked around the room with a WTF look on her face, that's how I KNOW it was horrible..

That said, the Giants came into this series and handled their business. Kudos to them. Posey will be a menace for a long time and Ross was a GREAT acquisition. Not sure of the intricacies of his release by the Fins, but that move certainly doesnt look mensa-like (term just for YOU scuds ) as it stands today.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Ignore how shitty the team played down the stretch, be sure to get down, because you are a "fan".

Follower.

Post 15 of this thread...
Thanks
Old 10-24-2010, 07:55 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Follower.

Post 15 of this thread...
Thanks

You are way too prolific to follow.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:45 PM
Flemington

pro·lif·ic   /prəˈlɪfɪk/ Show Spelled
[pruh-lif-ik] Show IPA

–adjective
1. producing offspring, young, fruit, etc., abundantly; highly fruitful: a prolific pear tree.
2. producing in large quantities or with great frequency; highly productive: a prolific writer.
3. profusely productive or fruitful (often fol. by in or of ): a bequest prolific of litigations.
4. characterized by abundant production: a prolific year for tomatoes.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by santana View Post
I guess i will have to tap out on the Phils now. Even though i am not a fan of that team.

Oh well...i lost a few bucks....i guess my root now is the Rangers.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Saratoga

Looks like a prolific year for tomatoes.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Sha Tin

Texas in 5. Only because the bullpen will screw up at least once. They are better at almost every position. SF's starters wont shut them down like they did to Philly.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
Texas in 5. Only because the bullpen will screw up at least once. They are better at almost every position. SF's starters wont shut them down like they did to Philly.
I like Texas, but 5 is a bit silly IMO. Lee likely wins twice, who else is shut down? San Fran gets really timely hits, and if HUGE IF TIM L is right and does not match up with Lee, thats 2 wins for San Fran, likely.
Old 10-25-2010, 05:09 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
I like Texas, but 5 is a bit silly IMO. Lee likely wins twice, who else is shut down? San Fran gets really timely hits, and if HUGE IF TIM L is right and does not match up with Lee, thats 2 wins for San Fran, likely.
It is pretty simple. Texas has a much stronger lineup and is a much better defensive team. They just beat the two best teams in baseball.

Linececum against the AL
In 11 games he is 5-3 with a 3.99 era with a oba of .268

Cain has been very good against the AL.

But the Texas lineup is much stronger than what they have faced and I dont believe they can win more than one game unless they start scoring a lot more. Think Cody Ross is going to keep hitting HR's?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Flemington

Quote:
No matter which side you choose, I don't think "in 5" (or a sweep) is silly. For some reason, these things do only go 4 or 5 sometimes. I think that everyone knows that Philly is the most talented offensive team in the N.L. San Francisco has the best pitching in the N.L. From what I've seen during the regular season (and now the post) is that Frisco has sort of mastered a plan to pitch to these people. They seemed to have the right people to handle a line-up of mainly lefthanded hitters. You give a team of good pitchers the same exact task, and they're pretty good at remembering what to do. Well, that's now changed. They don't know these Ranger hitters by heart. They aren't exactly sure how to get them out. Other than Uribe, and Sanchez, the Giants mainly need mistakes in order to hit. I don't think that the Giants are gunna see as many hanging pitches. They were def. not this good in the regular season. I'll guess they aren't gunna stay this good (but that closer is no joke.) What odds are they giving for Texas to sweep?
Old 10-25-2010, 04:35 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Philly is FINISHED. ITS OVER.
I have to admit.. This post gave me quiet confidence.

but damn!!! I wish you could have pulled out the magic with this post RHT!
Old 10-25-2010, 07:22 PM
Lincoln Fields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antitrust32 View Post
I have to admit.. This post gave me quiet confidence.

but damn!!! I wish you could have pulled out the magic with this post RHT!
That's why I am pumped he likes the Rangers here...I hope the Rangers know that.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Flemington

Cliff gone hunting early. Was wrong about how many bad pitches the Giants would get to see. They've seen more bad pitches in the 1st game than I thought they'd see in the whole series. This is why I rarely bet sports. Lee (all the sudden) had nothing tonite. The Yanks got to be wondering why they couldn't of had those pitches to hit.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:00 PM
Lincoln Fields

Hey smoothie...Cliffy had a dandy of an outing today eh?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:08 PM
Flemington

This "bend don't break" stuff is about what I expected from Len C. Cum, but Lee was God Awful. Where the f that come from?
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 PM
Flemington

Kinsler bit on dat fake?...... Wow!.... Haven't seen that lately.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER View Post
Kinsler bit on dat fake?...... Wow!.... Haven't seen that lately.
He's a terrible baserunner.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Jerome Park

Since nobody seems to care about baseball.. congrats Giants fans.. enjoy being the World Champs for the next year!

Let Timmy Smoke!

(and go Phillies)