Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2015, 08:55 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHT2004 View Post
I think you need to get over it. You type a lot of garbage around here. AP ran pretty much the same race he always runs, w/ the exception of the giant performance @Monmouth. He is not a super horse. He is a very good 3yr old. He won the triple crown and that cant ever be taken away from him. But Frosted engaged him early and he lost. I do believe there were different circumstances that would have led to an AP victory, but I don't believe he is some super horse, and you continue to post that all over this place. The speed figures on beyer and timeform are in line w/ almost every race he has run. How can you say it wasn't AP or he had a bad day. That's simply not true, at all. But you continue to spew drivel. You cant be objective about the horse. At least admit it, and maybe try to move on.
Get over the fact that I among many are AP fans and aren't afraid to admit he is a super horse and far above "very good" as you so ineptly put it. And I'll say it again he wasn't the real AP in the Travers or Keen Ice and the rest would have had another long range shot of his buttox as so many have before . . . oh and get over this . . . he did have a bad day and if that's spewing drivel . . . so be it but it's very good drivel.
Old 09-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
Get over the fact that I among many are AP fans and aren't afraid to admit he is a super horse and far above "very good" as you so ineptly put it. And I'll say it again he wasn't the real AP in the Travers or Keen Ice and the rest would have had another long range shot if his buttox as so many have before . . . oh and he did have a bad day and if that's spewing drivel . . . it's very good drivel so get over it.
Guido, come on bud.

Now I know why Eugene Ponticorvo REALLY did himself in.

He was subjected too long to your horse racing blather.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 09-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
Guido, come on bud.

Now I know why Eugene Ponticorvo REALLY did himself in.

He was subjected too long to your horse racing blather.
Now that's inane drivel.chicken dinner . . . you likey? But you and your locker room buddies like RHT can play slap happy with each other all you want. As they say to the losers on "The Shark Tank", I'm out! Back to racing.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:09 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Get over the fact that I among many are AP fans and aren't afraid to admit he is a super horse and far above "very good" as you so ineptly put it. And I'll say it again he wasn't the real AP in the Travers or Keen Ice and the rest would have had another long range shot of his buttox as so many have before . . . oh and get over this . . . he did have a bad day and if that's spewing drivel . . . so be it but it's very good drivel.
This is the very definition of a bad opinion.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:17 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Deleted . . . based on mature judgment since it lowered me to the rest of you. Ga'night!!!
Old 09-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Deleted . . . based on mature judgment since it lowered me to the rest of you. Ga'night!!!
The unintentional zinger.

Gotta love the innuhnet.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
His opinion of Frank Lloyd Wright's contribution to modern architecture is equally stunning.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
His opinion of Frank Lloyd Wright's contribution to modern architecture is equally stunning.
lol
Old 09-03-2015, 07:53 PM
Washington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

I always liked him better on WOR with Dave Johnson and Charlsie than on CBS.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:38 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Stone View Post
When you enter the stretch of any horse race, it's time to go... playing mini-chess games with rivals around you is a sure way to get beat.
If this were true, then horses would never 'come again' in the stretch to win races. I suggest going to YOUTUBE and watching a replay of the 2009 Vinery Madison stakes. See if Informed Decision's rider followed your advice.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
I'm sorry, I disagree. I just don't think it was his day. When I saw the opening half go in 48 and change, I thought he was just gonna jog home. It's just not as simple as say a drag race, where a corvette is going to spot a Altima 5 lengths in the stretch and run him down when he wants every time. Even though AP is the better horse, they aren't machines. Victor knew his horse was in trouble, he put Frosted away when he was supposed to, unfortunately he just wasn't good enough on this day to hold off Keen Ice.
5 lengths, really? I'm talking about not asking a horse for its best run entering the stretch and you somehow interpret this is as taking him to the rear of the pack. He put Frosted away too early. And, he really didn't need to put Frosted away.