Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2021, 04:46 PM
Havre de Grace

Default NYRA bans Eric Guillot

He named a hoss Grape Soda, which apparently is racist in millennial speak. Hoss was claimed and renamed Respect For All. Truth is stranger than fiction
Old 01-09-2021, 07:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
He named a hoss Grape Soda, which apparently is racist in millennial speak. Hoss was claimed and renamed Respect For All. Truth is stranger than fiction
Why not at least try and get the facts before posting?

Grape Soda isn’t racist. Saying you named it in honor of Ken Rudolph and then making a racist comment about the horses workout shows what his intentions were. Once he got called on it he changed his tune.

Honestly....good riddance. He’s not funny and has been saying racist stuff for a long time.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:32 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post

Grape Soda isn’t racist. Saying you named it in honor of Ken Rudolph and then making a racist comment about the horses workout shows what his intentions were. Once he got called on it he changed his tune.

Honestly....good riddance. He’s not funny and has been saying racist stuff for a long time.
Now I’m confused. Didn’t know he has a history of being racist.
Old 01-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Now I’m confused. Didn’t know he has a history of being racist.
https://mobile.twitter.com/EricGuill...08689011798016

He tweeted this on January 1st about the horse.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:02 PM
Santa Anita

Wow apparently there's this gem: https://twitter.com/chevalnuit68/sta...85375596335109

Any likelihood of this one getting changed too? I love that he thinks he's got plausible deniability and is the victim, meanwhile there are screenshots of his shenanigans.
Old 01-09-2021, 10:06 PM
Havre de Grace

Meanwhile Tampa running back just scored vs the Former Redskins and did a war chant afterwards hold his fingers above his head like feathers.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:31 AM
The Curragh

Quote:

From the Bloodhorse article:

"Originally the horse was named Kersetter before a Dec. 29 change at Guillot's suggestion to Grape Soda —which can be used as a racist term for a drink stereotypically associated with Black people." (emphasis added)

A check of Urban Dictionary confirms that "Grape Soda" is often used in a derogatory way.
Old 01-10-2021, 05:38 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
Wow apparently there's this gem: https://twitter.com/chevalnuit68/sta...85375596335109

Any likelihood of this one getting changed too? I love that he thinks he's got plausible deniability and is the victim, meanwhile there are screenshots of his shenanigans.
This link takes care of it. Dude is a loser.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:57 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar View Post
From the Bloodhorse article:

"Originally the horse was named Kersetter before a Dec. 29 change at Guillot's suggestion to Grape Soda —which can be used as a racist term for a drink stereotypically associated with Black people." (emphasis added)

A check of Urban Dictionary confirms that "Grape Soda" is often used in a derogatory way.
You’re missing my point. The name Grape Soda by itself probably wouldn’t have bothered people. It’s been a long time since I had some but grape soda is damn good.

Guillot can’t help himself because he a) thinks he’s funny and b) thinks saying racist things is edgy, so he sent out the tweet January 1st egging Rudolph on with the black fist emoji, etc. Ironically enough no one really pays attention to him so no one really caught wind of it until after the horse ran and he again opened his mouth.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:06 AM
Keeneland

More of Eric Guillot, the barely literate comedian

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricGuill...66833758052352

I like that people defending him want to bring up Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock and COMEDY routines.

I feel like I live in the twilight zone where half of the country is so phucking dumb that it makes my head hurt.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
More of Eric Guillot, the barely literate comedian

https://mobile.twitter.com/EricGuill...66833758052352

I like that people defending him want to bring up Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock and COMEDY routines.

I feel like I live in the twilight zone where half of the country is so phucking dumb that it makes my head hurt.
After years and countless hours, I deleted my Twitter account. I am tired of the nonsense, you have abhorrent behavior from so many it has just become more of a hassle then it is worth. Both Twitter and the people on it seem to be doing everything they can to destroy its value. I will continue to listen to ATR and follow racing without the need to be subjected to Ken Rudolph who is the worst and Eric Guillot who is a complete schmuck. I need less moronic stuff in my life not more.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:30 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
After years and countless hours, I deleted my Twitter account. I am tired of the nonsense, you have abhorrent behavior from so many it has just become more of a hassle then it is worth. Both Twitter and the people on it seem to be doing everything they can to destroy its value. I will continue to listen to ATR and follow racing without the need to be subjected to Ken Rudolph who is the worst and Eric Guillot who is a complete schmuck. I need less moronic stuff in my life not more.
Yeah that’s the worst part of the whole thing. I’m not a Rudolph fan and Guillot has made him a sympathetic figure.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:37 AM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Guillot can’t help himself because he a) thinks he’s funny and b) thinks saying racist things is edgy, so he sent out the tweet January 1st egging Rudolph on with the black fist emoji, etc. Ironically enough no one really pays attention to him so no one really caught wind of it until after the horse ran and he again opened his mouth.
100%. He's always played the fool for effect and can't discern what's offensive, hurtful or unacceptable.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:59 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Yeah, that’s the worst part of the whole thing. I’m not a Rudolph fan, and Guillot has made him a sympathetic figure.
For two people like them to be making the news in racing for absolutely no reason at all, it has time to reflect on just how inane tweeter has become and see how damaging it. A marginal trainer with an off-putting sense of humor and a guy who has no business educating the public about the sport, at least on the handicapping side. How the heck is either the story?
Old 01-10-2021, 09:23 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
This link takes care of it. Dude is a loser.
is, was, and will be....good riddance
Old 01-10-2021, 09:35 AM
Keeneland

I see former DT poster Cowgirlintexas aka Arletta is defending Guillot on twitter.

She’s always been a moron.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:07 AM
Longchamps

Quote:
I see former DT poster Cowgirlintexas aka Arletta is defending Guillot on twitter.

She’s always been a moron.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
For two people like them to be making the news in racing for absolutely no reason at all, it has time to reflect on just how inane tweeter has become and see how damaging it. A marginal trainer with an off-putting sense of humor and a guy who has no business educating the public about the sport, at least on the handicapping side. How the heck is either the story?
They aren't making news for "absolutely no reason at all" and it's not about an "off-putting sense of humor." It's about what somehow some people have deemed as acceptable that is COMPLETELY unacceptable.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:34 AM
Saratoga

I bet co-Favorite "Antifa attacked my Account" instead of heavily favored "I was only joking" which I couldn't see after his doubling down several times. This sport draws such ****ing scum, owners-trainers-players.... There are some great people you meet but beginning to become harder and harder to being in same room as the scum. Blessing that NHC pushed to August in this environment could have been explosive.
Old 01-10-2021, 11:42 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
I bet co-Favorite "Antifa attacked my Account" instead of heavily favored "I was only joking" which I couldn't see after his doubling down several times. This sport draws such ****ing scum, owners-trainers-players.... There are some great people you meet but beginning to become harder and harder to being in same room as the scum. Blessing that NHC pushed to August in this environment could have been explosive.
For a good laugh check out the off topic section of PA for their reaction.