Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2020, 09:39 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses View Post
I’ve been off Talamo for a while.

I can’t pinpoint when but I rarely bet Johnny V anymore either. I don’t know if he’s just not getting the horses or if I’m just not watching enough lately because his percentages still look solid but it seems like he doesn’t win many races anymore.
Johny V changed agents last year, and Pletcher is using Saez & Castellano and JV doesnot get as many rides for him. He is older now and is not riding as much. Watcdh for him on longer shots now for different trainers, and the Ortiz boys take alot of mounts now too.

Blaise Pascal
Old 05-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny View Post
Johny V changed agents last year, and Pletcher is using Saez & Castellano and JV doesnot get as many rides for him. He is older now and is not riding as much. Watcdh for him on longer shots now for different trainers, and the Ortiz boys take alot of mounts now too.
He changed agents a few months ago, actually.
Old 05-05-2020, 01:46 PM
Santa Anita

Okay, usually this happens with the Kentucky Oaks, but occasionally other races. Why is it that periodically NBC Sports will straight up not have a replay available for a horse racing event? This year it's the Arkansas Derby. It occurred to me to check and nope, nothing. There's gotta be an explanation, I just can't figure out what. It's not like they don't have other Trackside Live presentations up. Sure you can see the actual races, but I'm talking the full event coverage that they normally put up.