Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default Tampa Reunion 2015

I'm in.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Heels1989's Avatar
Heels1989 Heels1989 is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cary NC
Posts: 2,028
Thumbs up

yup
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-13-2014, 01:57 PM
3kings's Avatar
3kings 3kings is offline
Oriental Park
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,495
Default

Pick the dates, I'll make it work.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-13-2014, 05:14 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

I can pretty much make anytime in Jan, Feb and March work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-13-2014, 05:28 PM
-BT- -BT- is offline
The Curragh
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 60613
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
I can pretty much make anytime in Jan, Feb and March work.
yeah, i heard that sh!t before


-bt-
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-13-2014, 06:28 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
yeah, i heard that sh!t before


-bt-
Don't get salty just because nobody is planning a Hawthorne trip
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-13-2014, 08:25 PM
dellinger63's Avatar
dellinger63 dellinger63 is offline
Keeneland
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 10,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Don't get salty just because nobody is planning a Hawthorne trip
Think I'll be about 2 and 1/2 hours away from TB for a good part of the winter.

2 and 1/2 from Gulfstream as well.

Though Hawthorne is tempting.

They got beer there on Sundays?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-14-2014, 11:12 AM
-BT- -BT- is offline
The Curragh
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 60613
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
Don't get salty just because nobody is planning a Hawthorne trip
can you purchase a lottery ticket in your current state?
or are you still looking for "live" bingo on Wednesdays?

-bt-

Last edited by -BT- : 10-14-2014 at 02:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-14-2014, 01:44 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
cab you purchase a lottery ticket in your current state?
or are you still looking for "live" bingo on Wednesdays?

-bt-
Who needs to win the lotto when I can live like a king in Blahas guest suite?

Besides, my ADW still has me as a VA resident.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2014, 02:29 PM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,435
Default

You guys just missed the mandatory payout of the Tri-Super carryover at Derby Lanes yesterday.

$305K in handle last night.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-14-2014, 03:11 PM
Heels1989's Avatar
Heels1989 Heels1989 is offline
Oaklawn
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cary NC
Posts: 2,028
Default

Thanks for the heads up dan

Upon moving to NC , My adw locked me out faster than you can say outside pieces
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-14-2014, 03:56 PM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heels1989 View Post
Thanks for the heads up dan

Upon moving to NC , My adw locked me out faster than you can say outside pieces
I just found out about it yesterday - I didn't even go. Looks like 4-5 tri tickets split the pot, but can't find any details. Tri paid 337.00 and it looks like the 4-5 winners split the super pot which paid 13,797 each.

I believe you have to be on track to place the bet. If you hit the tri in the 5th race, you put in a cold superfecta bet for each winning tri ticket in the 7th race

Hit the super, you get the pot, if not it rolls over until it has to be mandatorily be paid out. Then if no one cold decks it, the pot get divided among the winning tri ticket holders.

Oh, and that is why I've refused to move to NC.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-14-2014, 04:21 PM
golfer's Avatar
golfer golfer is offline
The Curragh
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
I just found out about it yesterday - I didn't even go. Looks like 4-5 tri tickets split the pot, but can't find any details. Tri paid 337.00 and it looks like the 4-5 winners split the super pot which paid 13,797 each.

I believe you have to be on track to place the bet. If you hit the tri in the 5th race, you put in a cold superfecta bet for each winning tri ticket in the 7th race

Hit the super, you get the pot, if not it rolls over until it has to be mandatorily be paid out. Then if no one cold decks it, the pot get divided among the winning tri ticket holders.

Oh, and that is why I've refused to move to NC.
Yesterday was a Mandatory payout for whatever reason (I don't know the rules involving that). When the pool is large enough, buying the tri is the way to go. I don't think it costs more than $400, and as long as the tri pays close to that, you are guaranteed to break even, with a chance at the entire pool. If no one has the Super, everyone who had a turn-in gets a conso.

If no one had the super yesterday, and that was the conso payout, then I guess I'm a day late with this info

I think you can play the bet at any OTB that simulcasts dog racing. I know we can bet it here in Jax. But I don't think ADW's take the bet (though I'm not sure).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-14-2014, 04:45 PM
Rudeboyelvis Rudeboyelvis is offline
Belmont Park
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer View Post
Yesterday was a Mandatory payout for whatever reason (I don't know the rules involving that). When the pool is large enough, buying the tri is the way to go. I don't think it costs more than $400, and as long as the tri pays close to that, you are guaranteed to break even, with a chance at the entire pool. If no one has the Super, everyone who had a turn-in gets a conso.

If no one had the super yesterday, and that was the conso payout, then I guess I'm a day late with this info

I think you can play the bet at any OTB that simulcasts dog racing. I know we can bet it here in Jax. But I don't think ADW's take the bet (though I'm not sure).
The carryover was 27,594 going in - no idea how much was bet into it yesterday, nor what the takeout on that money was.

That makes since - 8 dog field - if my math is right, for a buck ALL/ALL/ALL (8X7X6 = 336.00) and you get your superfecta lotto ticket (plus you would have been cash positive on the bet to boot).
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-14-2014, 08:01 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45702

Just in case anyone needs a refresher of what's in store.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-14-2014, 09:03 PM
dellinger63's Avatar
dellinger63 dellinger63 is offline
Keeneland
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 10,072
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45702

Just in case anyone needs a refresher of what's in store.
Minor League!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-14-2014, 10:11 PM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Minor League!
Sorry. Not all of us can hang out with our jort wearing boss at Royal Ascot.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-15-2014, 02:30 AM
ateamstupid's Avatar
ateamstupid ateamstupid is offline
Super Mod.. and Super Fly
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 13,035
Default

I might could tag along if the trip is in February.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 AM
GPK GPK is offline
5'8".. but all man!
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: 3 miles from Chateuax de la Blaha
Posts: 21,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
I might could tag along if the trip is in February.
I think that's the month we're shooting for. Ya gotta come, Joe.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-15-2014, 09:41 AM
MinnSkinny's Avatar
MinnSkinny MinnSkinny is offline
Randwyck
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Hot Springs, Arkansas
Posts: 1,283
Default

Me too!
__________________
2705 Central Avenue
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.