Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Non-Thoroughbred Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
Cahokia Downs

Default Forget the Hambo-There was a Robbery at the Big M

Someone made a GIANT SCORE in the trifecta.

Race 5 at the Big M
Missletoe Shalle $400K Stake race

H Horse Driver Win Place Show
6 Stylish Artist E Goodell 147.80 45.80 29.20
5 Good News Lady G Grismore 17.00 14.40
2 Miss Scarlett B Sears 14.00

(W-P-S Pool $153,981)
$2 Exacta (Pool $144,285) (6-5) $1,054.00

$1 Trifecta (Pool $126,877) (6-5-2) $2,886.90

$1 Pick 3 (Pool $22,848) (7-2-6) $1,070.70

There was a 1/5 entry that ran off the board. The 2nd and 3rd choices both at 6/1 ran off the board. The winner was 72/1, the place horse was 24/1, the show horse was 16/1(fourth choice). There were 9 betting interests.

If you take off 20% for the trifecta takeout(Big M has lower takeouts than most tracks) that would leave about $100K to pay out from the $126,877 pool. So we would have about 34-36 winning tickets give or take based on the takeout.

There is no F___KING way that 34 people had that trifecta.

By the way the race was a $400K Stake race for 3yr old filly pacers.
Since today was closing day we will see if this races betting action gets buried. I say you dont hear a peep.
Old 08-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Flemington

holy crap
Old 08-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Flemington

The only race I saw today was the Hambo. I didn't see any PP's for any of the races so I don't know what the horses looked like (not that it matters lately anyway). I am not saying you are wrong or not on to something, but it is very possible that 34 people had that triple. First thing is that today is the biggest day of the year for the trotter folks. Their Kentucky Derby. Add to the fact that they raced in the morning/afternoon and they pick up all the degenerates in the otb's, tracks and vegas who usually don't have the opportunity to play the Meadowlands during the day. Then add in the people that have to play every race going off in the world. The second thing is the 3 drivers that were in the money, Goodell brings in more longshots than anyone else at that joint. Grismore seems to always be live on the limited times he drives at the track. He only had 2 drives in 15 races today (he was 4th in the 10th race). And then you have Sears, enough said. Plus I am assuming that the 7 & 9 were the other short price horses in the race. One of them were driven by Jodi Jamesion, not a regular name at the Big M (Auto toss) and the other horse was breaking from the extreme outside and driven by Dave Miller who has been absolutley awful latley. He would probably need a GPS to find the winners circle. Third thing is, don't discount the amount of people (especially all the novices who make their only pilgramage to the Meadowlands of the year today) who just play numbers/drivers, especially when they are looking to beat 1-5 shots. I understand what you are saying, but if you take a step back for a minute and think about it, it is definatley possible that about 30 people cashed in on that race.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Cahokia Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
The only race I saw today was the Hambo. I didn't see any PP's for any of the races so I don't know what the horses looked like (not that it matters lately anyway). I am not saying you are wrong or not on to something, but it is very possible that 34 people had that triple. First thing is that today is the biggest day of the year for the trotter folks. Their Kentucky Derby. Add to the fact that they raced in the morning/afternoon and they pick up all the degenerates in the otb's, tracks and vegas who usually don't have the opportunity to play the Meadowlands during the day. Then add in the people that have to play every race going off in the world. The second thing is the 3 drivers that were in the money, Goodell brings in more longshots than anyone else at that joint. Grismore seems to always be live on the limited times he drives at the track. He only had 2 drives in 15 races today (he was 4th in the 10th race). And then you have Sears, enough said. Plus I am assuming that the 7 & 9 were the other short price horses in the race. One of them were driven by Jodi Jamesion, not a regular name at the Big M (Auto toss) and the other horse was breaking from the extreme outside and driven by Dave Miller who has been absolutley awful latley. He would probably need a GPS to find the winners circle. Third thing is, don't discount the amount of people (especially all the novices who make their only pilgramage to the Meadowlands of the year today) who just play numbers/drivers, especially when they are looking to beat 1-5 shots. I understand what you are saying, but if you take a step back for a minute and think about it, it is definatley possible that about 30 people cashed in on that race.

Hard to disagree with a NY Giants fan, however.

The three horses who came in the money were a combined 1 for 21 in 2008
In the two elimination races from last week(top 5 from each elimination made this weeks final) the three fillies in the trifecta came in 4-4 and 5th last week.
Both parts of the 1/5 entry have not been off the board this year including one part being 6 for 8 in wins and the other 8 for 11 in wins. The filly with Jody Jameson was 5/1 last week in the elimination and lost by a neck, and in 6 starts this year has a record of 6/2-3-0

Realistically, this was a one or two ticket winner of a trifecta pool. If this wasnt a one or two winning ticket pool then when is it? If 5 winning tickets hit I might be amazed. However, 34 winning tickets?
No way. I have been to the races to many years to know when something smells, including many years at BigM, Roosevelt/Yonkers when I lived in NY area. Something stinks in the swamplands and it isnt Hoffas body.
Old 08-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by theiman
Hard to disagree with a NY Giants fan, however.

The three horses who came in the money were a combined 1 for 21 in 2008
In the two elimination races from last week(top 5 from each elimination made this weeks final) the three fillies in the trifecta came in 4-4 and 5th last week.
Both parts of the 1/5 entry have not been off the board this year including one part being 6 for 8 in wins and the other 8 for 11 in wins. The filly with Jody Jameson was 5/1 last week in the elimination and lost by a neck, and in 6 starts this year has a record of 6/2-3-0

Realistically, this was a one or two ticket winner of a trifecta pool. If this wasnt a one or two winning ticket pool then when is it? If 5 winning tickets hit I might be amazed. However, 34 winning tickets?
No way. I have been to the races to many years to know when something smells, including many years at BigM, Roosevelt/Yonkers when I lived in NY area. Something stinks in the swamplands and it isnt Hoffas body.
I just watched the race and this is what I got out of it. First thing was there was alot of moisture on/in the track. I don't know how many of these fillies have ever caught a wet track and I don't know how it affected them and the track. But I think "good" was a bit of a stretch. They went very fast early. The other thing I noticed was about the entry. As soon as Campbell on one half of the entry finally cleared, it looked like he tried to hold his filly back to the point that the horse behind him (the 5) ran right up an him. The horses mouth was literally on his helmet. But he was also looking around for the other half of the entry. Because right after he cleared Tetrick pulled out and made a run for the front. As soon as he cleared the other half of the entry the anchor came out on Tetrick's horse and they were both shuffled to the back taking the 1-5 entry right out of the race. Maybe the pace just fried Tetrick's horse and Cambell was in the wrong spot, maybe it was the track or maybe it was a boat race (being the Yonkers/ROOSEVELT vet that you are, you should know what that means). Watch the race again and tell me what you think, but I thought it was funny the way Campbell was looking around. A little fishy, but it could have been the pace and the moisture. Or maybe some of those 30 something tickets were cashed in by people on the backstretch.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Cahokia Downs

Watched the race a few times and the entry was hard used. Campbell after clearing the lead didnt want to park out his entry mate thus grabbed hold. When Tetrick got the lead I think she just spit the bit. She looked a bit rank on the first turn. The two 6/1 shots, who both got an easy lead and pocket trip were stuck on the rail behind the entry(Tetrick and Campbell) and thus eliminated late on the second turn.

The Perfect Storm

I am sure there were other trifecta combos loaded up on. These hit and IMO, it smells.
Old 08-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Les Bois

if the mutuel manager wanted to do his job, he would put a hold on all those tickets. then see how the bets were constructed, where they were placed and so on. Im sure the drivers werent playing games considering the purse of the race, but you should always take that kind of action when prices come back that crazy.